archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/o_wImlOtHEc6Nk0FQM21PQ/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

iToddlers will defend this.

Nice upgrades apple fags

>mfw Lineage OS gets faster with better battery life after every update and there are no Google services
Apple tards can't compete.

Meh, assuming that devices were actually shutting down due to browning out, it's a pretty good solution.

Rather have a slowed device over a rage inducing shutdown when playing $GENERIC_HARDWARE_UTILIZING app. And just putting a switch in the settings is a great way to have idiots flip that bitch because some youtuber said so.

get a load of this cum guzzling apple fucktard lmao

Oh look it’s another mobile phone episode on Sup Forums

>my phone my phone apps apps apps apps battery sensor gamer apps apps itoddler apps apps BTFO apps my phone my phone Pajeet my phone apps apps battery battery’s BTFO throttling throttling chinkshit BTFO Andreet poorfag poorfag poorfag BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO

All day every fucking day.
Phonekiddy posts should be banned.

They slow down the phones because they want to increase the battery life of old phones so they give up the performance

>phone keeps shutting down
>go to repair it
>replace the battery for $10
>good as new
Here's how it should be. Instead we have
>phone gets slower and slower
>meh, fuck that, I'll just buy a new phone

The decision should be made by users, NOT by fucking Applel

Hello shills.
The point is not that Apple throttled the phone to avoid a shut down due to a battery incapable of performing at peak usage.

The point is Apple never admitted up front it was doing this, and never suggested to customers that a simple ~79 dollar battery replacement would fix the issue. By omission, customers were led to believe that old phones just got slow, so the solution was to buy a new phone. THAT'S the problem.

And the debate over whether Apple can defend this action is now being taken to court.

Well color me surprised, someone actually defends it. On Sup Forums of all places.

Why are people who are completely ignorant of technology posting on a technology board?

If you don’t throttle older phones with degraded batteries, they will start dying randomly at x% battery. This is pretty bad for the phones (and what android phones do). Apple throttling older phones improves their lifespan.

Does lineageOS magically prevent your battery from degrading?

>want to increase the battery life of old phones
They don't want that, they want people to think there's nothing wrong with their phone when in fact its battery has significantly degraded.

>they will start dying randomly at x% battery.
And you know it's time to replace the battery. You never know that with iphones, as they hide raw battery stats from users.

>Repairing instead of buying a new one
You don't know normies very well.

Run geekbench on your iPhone. If it’s slower than a new phone of that type then you know your battery is degraded.

Remember though, a throttled iPhone is still faster than an android

Reminder that if you have AppleCare coverage on your iPhone and the battery degrades to less than 80% of its original capacity within two years you can have the battery replaced for free.

However, people in this situation may have seen the performance decrease and decided it was time to get a new iPhone instead. Apple deserve the shafting they are going to get from this lawsuit.

I have literally never once heard of an iPhone having a chronic power loss issue (or any other smartphone) . You know what I have heard of? iPhones inexplicably getting slower.

Apple designed phones that have an SoC that gives no fucks about battery longevity. The SoC is so inefficient that it skullfucks the battery until the phone is unusable. To remedy this, they have implemented aggressive throttling.

Honestly, every time I hear someone with an iPhone saying "hey, does anyone have a charger???" I'm a little entertained. I have to wonder how many iPhones get stolen because they're sitting in stupid places unattended while they charge. My phone charges at home on my bedside table every one or two days and I can get at least two days out of a charge.

But the consumers did ask for the fastest phone, so ultimately Apple was only giving these retards what they wanted.

>a throttled iPhone is still faster than an android
Even new iPhone is slower in real life usage, what are you talking about. iPhones still absolutely can't multitask.

wy dun they jus make battry replacalbe

>I have literally never once heard of an iPhone having a chronic power loss issue (or any other smartphone) .

Sorry to say snowflake, but your personal experience doesn’t change basic chemistry of Lithium ion batteries.

>You know what I have heard of? iPhones inexplicably getting slower.

I could slow down my iPhone X 40% and it still outperforms any android phone.

>Honestly, every time I hear someone with an iPhone saying "hey, does anyone have a charger???"

Another worthless argument based on your inaccurate perception of reality. In battery drain tests the iPhone X does basically the same as other android flagships.

Stay poor pajeet.

>all this redding spacing
Just don't reply.

>could slow down my iPhone X 40%
iShit X is already a fucking laggy joke.

No, the iPhone X is much faster in real life usage. Pic and vid related.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yuVJ5DFjv8

Making the battery replaceable would sacrifice durability, waterproof, and build quality. All flagships are using non replaceable batteries for this reason.

Oh look, it's the britbong iToddler. You mad your laggy fruit trash is a fucking joke that gets shat on by $500 phones?

Even funnier now that Applel themselves have confirmed your already pathetic lagPhone will be 50% slower in one year. LMAO

>would sacrifice durability, waterproof, and build quality
The ABSOLUTE state of iToddler delusion.

>paragraphs is reddit spacing

Retard

See:
The iPhone X is way ahead in terms of processing power and it’s not even close. Opening basic apps as a sole test of processing power is fucking retarded because
-you’re not doing anything computationally demanding
-it’s affected by animations and how quickly you tap the app
-you’re not even using the apps, just opening them

Who's talking about battery chemistry? I'm talking about power loss. You can mitigate that by introducing voltage management at low charge levels. The OS can log voltage curves and set power targets appropriately. There's no reason for a phone above 50% to throttle at all

This.

>real life usage
>opening every app on your phone

>engineers propose solution to a problem in older iPhones via pushing out changes in clock speed
>normalfags cry out

>sales propose solution to the same problem by selling them new iphones
>normalfags rejoice

What did they mean by this?

Serious question, why are applefags not instabanned or ridiculed in this board?, always thought it was weird that this doesn't happen

>turing it into a brandwar

What is wrong with you? Do you seriously need to defend a company you don't work for?

In 3 years from now when the iPhone X throttles by about 20%, the latest android flagships will be randomly shutting off at 30% battery, will no longer be receiving updates, and will still be slower than my throttled iPhone. And I can just spend $79 to replace the battery.

>And I can just spend $79 to replace the battery.
>implying that that this solution is only applicable to apple
nice try, shill

>I can just spend $79 to replace the battery
Let's be honest, you're going to spend $1200 or whatever amount of money it is that Apple is going to market happiness in a box to you. Because you're a soulless consumer.

>slower than my throttled iPhone
iPhones are already slow laggy piles of shit on launch. It's no wonder iToddlers are forced to upgrade after Apple literally flips the kill switch and turns them into paperweights after 9 months.

Nowhere did I imply that, retard. You are right, both android and iPhone users can pay 79 dollars or so and get a new battery and then this is a non issue.

>If you don’t throttle older phones with degraded batteries, they will start dying randomly at x% battery

It's from the way you worded it, retard. Purposefully dishonest so that it can be interpreted in such a way that the "comparisons" you mentioned can't be applied both ways.

member when you could just pay €40 and replace it yourself without having to go to a fucking repair shop

You’re delusional

lmao are you for real? you actually believe throttling the CPU will prevent it from dying randomly? no you fucking retard, it will just give it longer battery life, make the phone lag like shit and then still die randomly.

Bro the S4 and S5 have removable batteries and in Korea, they are sold with a second battery.

Why do you insist on posting on topics that you have no understanding of?

That’s, however in the context of modern phones they generally don’t have replaceable batteries.

says the retard phoneposter that doesnt know what THROTTLING means and didnt even post any actual fucking proof that it prevents random shutdowns, just a fucking screenshot of search results where people have randomly dying batteries.

Don't pretend like you didn't do it on purpose, shill. The way you appended "muh $79 battery" just after mentioning the iphone makes it easy to interpret that battery doesn't apply to android.

If that's the context, why is a phone with a replaceable battery underlined in that screenshot?

Reminder that this is the same iToddler that spams bait threads on Sup Forums all day with copy pasta OPs and replies. Report and ignore.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/KXHhT99FrQdUoyIcbqLnUQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/o_wImlOtHEc6Nk0FQM21PQ/

Ok, looks like the android shills have run out of arguments

To recap

-throttling is caused by battery degradation and can be prevented by paying $79 to get a new battery (or free if you have AppleCare). Sure the retarded consumer might not know how to do this but that’s not relevant to people who post on Sup Forums
-throttling is done to preserve the battery life and the consistency of the battery
-this generally happens after 2-3 years
-a throttled iPhone X is still faster than a brand new Note 8

Its honestly disgusting people nowadays pay up to a thousand bucks for a locked down app machine that they'll toss in 2 years time.
A phone with a removable back and access to the battery makes it easier to repair any part of the phone (no need to pry off the screen), replace the battery after a few years or replace the back cover itself if it gets scuffed.

All glass phones will look like shit, feel like shit (as the oleophobic coating wears off) and run like shit (as the battery wears down) within 2-3 years. But atleast it'll make its owner feel special for being made of """""premium materials""""".

Are you retarded? Try and figure it out

You're the dishonest shill, here m8. Look back at the way you worded your retarded post.

A brand new Note 8 already blows the fuck out of the iShit X. A one year old throttled iShit X with a shit battery is a joke.

I’m afraid to say the facts say otherwise. The A11 blows the snapdragon 835 out of the water, according to the speed test in which includes several demanding applications (games, photo exports etc) as well as being behind in every benchmark on a phone (geekbench, Antutu, 3DBench, GFXBench)

Why do iFags always come up with benchmarks when real tests show that the android is either faster or worst case, on par with the similar iphone.

Also, as mentioned the throttling occurs after 2-3 years. It’s clear that you like to lie in your posts because you you know that the facts are against you but I will still point out your lies.

See the post i linked above with the speed test. When it comes to demanding apps that test the processors performance (exporting, games, photo/video editing) the iPhone X is much faster than any android on the market.

I love how this gets derailed.

>my phone my phone apps apps apps apps battery sensor gamer apps apps itoddler apps apps BTFO apps my phone my phone Pajeet my phone apps apps battery battery’s BTFO throttling throttling chinkshit BTFO Andreet poorfag poorfag poorfag BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO

All day every fucking day.
Mods, ban these fucking phone children.

>makes a post and asks mods to ban people when he didnt even read shit he replied to
kys faggot

...or you simply scale the displayed %. If the battery dies at 50% you display 0% instead of 50% and 50% instead of 75% etc. Combine this with an OPTION to throttle the phone for longer battery life.

Assblasted phonechild mad that no one above the age of 21 wants to talk about his portable ass vibrator

damage control

nigga i just came here to call out that fucking retard that doesnt know what throttling means

take your superiority complex and fuck out of here

>Assblasted phonebaby continues

this thread is more Sup Forums than the fucking epeen battlestation shit threads and all the other garbage.

kys nigger

>measuring phones bigger than your dick are Sup Forums

Back to where you belong.

>manchild continues to be a crybaby about things he doesnt like online

go back to your where you belong with your shitty battulstashun-tier e-peen threads, manchild

>muh phonneessss
>muh consumer garbage

Like you pathetic children do whenever anything is apple is posted?

Take your fucking manchild phone bullshit to or

hello, is this the angry virgin shitposting thread? i am interested in hurling some incoherent insults

Fed up of this. You can't trust most large corporations, even though as taxpayers (ahem) and collective endeavours they really aught to be morally and societally accountable. In the US they are all terrible. Almost all. I think this requires tougher legislation and penalties globally. It must be done.

I say take out apple as an example to others. Why not? At least fine them 75% of their worth and redistribute it. Legal entities getting too rich for absolutely NO reason.

nigger i barely visit this fucking shit board because of retards like you shitting everything up all the fucking time but this is still more tech than posting a fucking picture to show off your hardware so why dont you go cry in those thread aswell while you're here, faggot

>angry phonevirgin continues to reply while shoving his Galaxy Goat 8” up his asshole

>angry manchild wizard continues to reply while shoving his Dragon Dildo™©® up his rectum

Apple is doing pretty good.

Wow you must really love your fisher price apps and special touch buttons with flashing lights and colors to be defending them this hard.
What a good little consumer drone you are!

I would have no problem with this if they would have told us about it
I guess they were hoping that more people would buy new devices if they just kept slowing down for apparently no reason

>implying im defending anything
>implying i have any of the latest phone models
so out of touch with reality, just keep posting your incoherent retarded shitposts instead, retard

>literally defending consumer phoneposting garbage
>I-I’m not defending anything

Fucking phone toddlers and their 80IQ

>consumer garbage
half this fucking board is about consumer garbage, cry be a fat fucking crybaby in those aswell you retarded nigger

Can you stop projecting your insecurities onto me please? Save it for January when you’re back in the playground.

>doesnt even try countering the argument
guess i hit a nerve when i called you out for shitting only in phone threads when the whole board is mostly cancer, huh?
>muh projecting
lmao kys

and my playground is more mature than your fucking household, crybaby

you will be banned if you keep this up, you shitposting faggot

Bitch, I buy second hand. The original owner spends $1200 like a retard while I spend $250-450 when they ultimately sell it to pay off their credit card debt.

>inb4 ew used
I'm okay with a slight bump or smudge. Either way, one wipe down with a Clorox wipe and it's in perfect working order.

>STOP SHITPOSTING IN MY DESIGNATED ANTI-APPLE SHITPOSTING THREAD
Phonebabies will never learn.

>It goes to court
>immediately gets thrown out because there's a clause in the EULA you have to agree to to use the device that Apple can do whatever they want with your phone without your consent
>everybody loses

i just told you to go shitpost in all the other cancer threads aswell, never told you to stop, so you could at least be consisten, but i guess you're too much of a faggot brainlet to understand

Proper battery care makes my battery last, hence why my note 2 running lineage still gets 4hr SoT on the original battery.

No.

It's to prevent shutdowns.

It's not even about capacity but maximum current battery can supply.

This is happening to iPhone 7 too, I've got an opo its battery is still going strong and its just as fast the day I bought it. My girlfriend, mother, sister have various I phones 6s - 7 who after updating are complaining about their phones being slow and freezing. I see their keyboards freeze or apps crashing far more frequent than on mine and they've been moaning about this shit for the past year. They know apple is doing this shit and they still want to buy iphones. I don't see why Apple wouldn't offer the option to pay for a battery replacement and not have the phone gimped. They always advertise as the premium quality but it sounds like they are using cheap batteries.

Applefags rekt

>seriously trying to justify it