Looking for Drawing Tablet

Looking for a drawing tablet that doesn't need a computer in order to operate. My little sister has become quite the artist and I want to get her a drawing tablet for her birthday. Problem is that she doesn't has a computer, and there's no way I'll let her use my computer what with the "sensitive photographs" and what not on it.

Anyone know any good drawing tablets that can work independently from a computer?

Other urls found in this thread:

ctrlpaint.com/
drawabox.com
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Used android or apple tablet. If she gets good enough, she'll ask for a real tablet on her own, and before she gets that good, she'd prefer the visual feedback of a tablet.

visual feedback of a tablet with a screen*

My girlfriend uses a Surface Pro 3 (the second newest surface)
It cost her like $300 new for the weakest model, don't remember if i3 or something else. It's served her well, but the pen has very slight jitter when moved slowly. If you buy on Amazon it will come with a pen, despite what the listing says.

The 2017 Surface pens are more responsive, I have an older one and it works fine. It may just be because of the shit processor.

Do new pens work on older model surfaces?

Googled, depends on model but should work with SP3.

Can confirm new pens works on sp3. That's what she does but jitter still present. Depending on age/skill level I probably wouldn't worry about the jitter, though. Look up videos of "surface pro 3 jitter" to see what I mean and determine if it's too bad for her use case. It's only slight and only when moving the pen quite slowly.

This is the best option for her if she wants to start drawing stuff.
Do you need some tutorials and lessons for her as well, theres a lot of nice free stuff I have which can help show her how to draw.

If she's not gonna frown upong getting second hand stuff, you could consider getting an older TabletPC like the HP 2760p. It has a Wacom active digitizer and it's powerful enough to even run some newer games and 3D software. Companies are retiring them en masse these days and they're not as overpriced as the thinkpads because there are no memes for HP laptops.

Not OP but I wouldn't mind checking out some tutorials

It's only from the "How is your webcomic" generals on Sup Forums
I'm not quite good enough for /ic/ yet
ctrlpaint.com/
drawabox.com
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

Wacom has these cintiq companion tablets which are top notch. they have a build in android installation.

>Cintiq Companion
a megabomb portable computer itself I guess, but costs an arm and a leg.
You can look for alternatives (google "cintiq companion alternatives") but it's still pretty fucking expensive.

>Tablet + Stylus
You can buy her a tablet or an iPad and buy a wacom pen specifically for those.
There's the iPad Pro as well that has the Apple Pencil.

>Microsoft Surface
There's also the Microsoft Surface series but you have to be careful with those as some older models might be jittery with the pens.

>Older laptops with stylus
There's the Thinkpad x220t/x230t.
Or HP2760p.
Fairly cheap, but might not be the best for art itself other than doodling, and might have some problems.

See user, there is one thing called pressure sensitivity (the harder you press on your input, the thicker/stronger the line comes out; the lighter you press, the fainter and smaller the line).
I don't know how aware of it your sister is, if she minds it or not, how old is she, what she would be content with.

But basically some have better sens, others barely have it at all. You should look into its specs and check if it concerns you.

Tbh I wouldn't recommend the companion, they're riddled with hardware issues and take for every to get to their customers. Wacom makes good tablets, just not good computers.
Also in the pile of cheap older laptops with stylus, the thinkpad yoga is a newer, alternative that's not too far off in price. The x220t is big bulky, and a hassle and depending on how old OP's sister is, it might be too clunky. It's why I moved to a yoga.

You could also consider a Samsung Galaxy Tab with s-pen and just download medibang for her. Thin, light, easy to carry around with a Wacom enabled Android device with half decent drawing program.

The ones that can, as in actual drawing tablets, are expensive as fuck.

Just get her a samsung galaxybook. The S Pen is probably the best you'll get.
The cheapest version is fine but her her a USB C hub or something since it has only one USB C port which is for charging (or get her a bluetooth mouse). Also get her an SD card for storage since the cheapest vesrion is only 64GB

Surface pro 1 and 2 pens work across devices and SP 3 and up are all interchangable.

maybe a galaxy note 10.1, theres a 2013 model and a newer one, both are pretty good with the pen, also the nvidia shield has a stylus which works rather nicely.

>yoga
only didn't go for that one because I have 0 knowledge on it but I heard it's just as buggy/broken/shitty if not more, not sure though.

Your dad is incarcerated.

Most digitizers jitter, some just have a built in smoothing feature. Near unnoticeable lag is introduced so the drawn line can be interpolated or w/e. You can actually solve this with lazy nezumi which is a program that catches input and smooths it. That said some digitizers are worse than others for sure