Post you are internet speed

post you are internet speed

mine is really making me think rn

Other urls found in this thread:

about.att.com/story/att_fiber_5_new_metros.html
verizon.com/about/news/verizon-launches-fios-gigabit-connection-service-delivering-millions-customers-speeds-they
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how is that possible

On my wifi. On cable should be faster.

tfw

5 Mbps, $50
Amazing

Is that due to particular circumstances? Seems we're in the same boat today.

What's your background image?

a picture of an anime

I pay € 50 for this per month, it includes 2 HDTV receivers and unlimited TV via phone/pc/tablet with about 200+ channels.

India

$48/year unlimited data

Mayoi Hachikuji from the Monogatari Series

curry pajeet street shitter smelly poor hand eating garbage culture

meh

:( i have nothing but love for you :(

>american internet speeds
Always have a good laugh with those
1st world my ass

Murrika is the only nation with true 1/1gig internet widely available.

Most Yurotrash "gigabit" are like 500/200 or some other bs.

D-delet this

>1/1gig internet widely available
[citation needed]

pretty much everywhere in europe it would be illegal as fuck to advertise a 500/200 service as "gigabit". you're of course not used to this as american phone carriers (for example) are allowed to advertise 2nd gen 3G as 4G.

>pretty much everywhere in europe it would be illegal as fuck to advertise a 500/200 service as "gigabit".
How new are you to Sup Forums?

Americans have been shitting on Europeans for the better part of a year when it comes to 1gbps. Almost every single 1gbps poster on Sup Forums from Europe caps at 600-700mbps

A few manage 800mbps+ but those are rare and the majority are simply below 700mbps.

I suspect it's the speedtest servers that cap out.

I used to have 100mbps in the late 90's.
It was very hard to find a server fast enough to test it on.

Bullshit, most of those servers are on 10g or 40g backbone fiber connections.

Here is comcast's 2gbps in the US.

>We now market our 100% fiber network powered by AT&T Fiber to over 7 million locations across 67 metros.

about.att.com/story/att_fiber_5_new_metros.html

>Fios Gigabit Connection is available to over 8 million homes

verizon.com/about/news/verizon-launches-fios-gigabit-connection-service-delivering-millions-customers-speeds-they

That's 15 million homes right there with 1/1gig.

That's not even counting cable companies that offer 1gig download, albeit with shitty upload like 40mbits.

>USA, even counting all the shitty flyover states and Alaska, still has faster speeds than Norway, Denmark, France, Japan.

Shit, what if started comparing individual states vs the rest of the world, they'd get BTFO.

Maybe in America.

So your excuse as to why european 1gbps is just as good or better than the US is that your backbone is shit and therefore limiting your speeds artificially?

Wow, great argument.

>european infrastructure is shit
well you're not wrong

No, I was looking for a plausible explanation.

I now realize you're just a dick waving American incapable of a civilized discussion so never mind, enjoy your no-NN throttling.

kek, i love europoors when they get ass blasted

>year
>year
What?

And I love Americans when they get blasted.

(btw: my country still ranks above yours )

>(btw: my country still ranks above yours )
Why would I give a shit about overall speeds?

I don't live 1000 miles away in the middle of nowhere. I live in one of the largest fiber areas in the world. Everyone I know has fiber, even if they don't have fiber, comcast has 200, 400, and 1000mbps DOCSIS available, or 2000mbps fiber if you're in one of their fiber areas.

The average speed of a country as large as the US is meaningless to those of us who live in the major cities on the east coast. Why does it matter that some farmer in north dakota is getting under 5mbps for $100/month? I'm still paying $69/month for my uncapped 1gbps fiber connection.

You're the one dick waving about how "America duh geatusts all Yurup sucks hurr"

Stop moving the goalposts, Amerifat.

classy m8

yeah, american 1gbps destroys european 1gbps.

That's literally been my entire point the whole time. I give ZERO fucks about average speeds. I'm not an average consumer.

>feeling the need to defend your country as if you were an ambassador
Why do americans do this?
>widely available
Dont lie

Pic related is wifi speed for internet at parents house that I setup.

240 down / 12 up.

How unsymmetrical...

Comcast.

Probably not in unitodd states.

Here's my 500/200 line.
Notice something weird?

>>widely available
>Dont lie
In a country of ~315M+ people being available to ~20M around the country isn't that bad.

It helps if you live in an area with tech industry, or similar industry that would warrant a robust fiber network. (like the east coast).

Lets see your bill, $20 says you're paying for 1gbps.

No, they don't even sell 1 Gbps offers.

Yeah just checked out their site, they're pretty new to the fiber game, more than likely it's best effort on your PON and you just happen to be one of the few fiber customers on the PON. Give it a few years and you'll likely not be seeing those speeds anymore.

The only reason you currently get 900mbps+ is because they're not restricting you to 500mbps and just leaving you uncapped assuming if they DO add more customers on your PON later that you'll still easily manage over 500mbps.

Well, that's clearly what's happening.
Let's be honest, though, I switched from their 100/100 offer and can't really find a use case for this, besides installing steam games faster.
Even then, my hard drive just shits itself and can't make full use of the bandwidth.

>Even then, my hard drive just shits itself and can't make full use of the bandwidth.
how shit is your computer?

My 5TB 7200RPM drive has no issues writing at 150MB/s+ which is a good deal beyond 1gbps (125MB/s)

R8

garbage for wifi.

>Even then, my hard drive just shits itself and can't make full use of the bandwidth.
Get an SSD, that way it'll be your CPU shitting itself instead.

20/315 isnt "widely available"
Would be more accurate to say "widely available in some of the cities" then

unless you're running a pentium or older gen i3, it really shouldn't matter what CPU you have.

And you certainly don't need an SSD for only 125MB/s write speeds. Plenty of HDDs will do that just fine.

Mine is 200/20.

Yep.

>t. someone with a slow connection that never gets to see what Steam does on a fast connection
Here's a 4690k running at 4.7 GHz, with an 850 EVO.
Steam doesn't just sequentially write to your drive when downloading. It's uncompressing shit on the fly, and a lot of the games on there are *heavily* compressed. I've had my CPU actually bottleneck my download speeds on Steam with certain games. An HDD isn't going to both read and write at 125 MB/s at the same time.

Spaniard here, exactly the same speed. 40€/month
I think all contracts i had are always 1/10 of DL speed as Upload speed

I'm on my deck drinking coffee and still get this on WiFi, my cat6 desktop gets 200mbps down usually

5G WiFi

That's stupidly high CPU use for that.

I'm downloading at 550mbps+ and hitting only ~50%.

>Back home staying with my parents for Christmas
>They pay $50/month for this
>Literally their best option up here to get usable speeds

site?

how new are you?

beta.speedtest.net

>$34.99/month
>no caps

feels good

well it's not NO caps, but it's fairly close.
10TB soft data cap so even if you go over 10TB once or twice, it's not a big deal, only if you're consistently using over 10TB a month, then they ask you to upgrade to a business connection.

£34 a month with TV and phone ($45)

Also uncapped

Interesting, I didn't know that. I typically average just around 2TB/month, but that's good to know.

edgy

>upload

I am internet speed.

That's DOCSIS for you.

Yeah, it's because they had a few customers who were running legit business level traffic through their fiber so they started harassing the couple of people around the country consistently using like 20-40TB every month. Made them get business connections for 2-3x the cost with half the speeds.

Well this is my speed

I don't use Speedtest especially this version

Then why ask?

And why even post in this thread?

because I use another

Wtf that's so fast!

I could live with that for 48 bucks a year

This is on wifi about 20 feet away from router, on ethernet I get about 70up and 30down

>still not posting it

Okay friendo

speed is only half the story here

notice the fat police

Bufferbloat score of A+
Ping of 4-44ms

I'm good.

Nice ip

DSLReports bufferbloat test works for you? Hasn't worked here for ages.

true.

yeah, east coast US, tons of servers closeby so there is no real problem getting reliable results back.

If you're testing across a wide range of servers spread out over hundreds of miles you're fucked.

not bad at all

How much in america this would cost? Btw in a small village atm with around 3000 residents. At home id have same down but around 30mbps up. Unlimited internet/calls and texts

Depends where you are.

Some areas could be $30-40/month

Other areas that could be $100/month or even more.

For me its 23€(28ish dollars) in a month

Thanks its not a fixed ip sadly they only allow dynamic for home subscriber now with bell

I pay £15 a month in bongland for 500 mins, ultd texts and 7GB data with 150mbps LTE. On average I pull about 80-100mbps.

That’s prepay, no contract.

I pay something near $30 for this.
More than sufficient for me.

Why did my internet get magnitudes faster with no input from me?

Over the last year I’ve seen my average DL speed jump from 2.3 MB/s all the way to 14.5 MB/s as of now. It just over the year got faster and faster. How?

because your ISP is actively upgrading equipment in your area most likely.

And maybe even replacing poor quality runs or similar that were formerly degrading performance.

if you ever feel you arent getting enough data move to three desu theyre the best provider i could find when i changed over in the summer and ee offer max 14gb data and wont go over that even after trying to negotiate and told them i'm leaving they would bump that 14gb up. three offer unlimited internet with an amoutnt of calls and texts i cant remember how much but for something like 23 pounds it's pretty comfy to be able to download torrents without wifi