Oh-oh, looks like your fuel economy is suffering. Let's just disable 2 of your pistons to bring it back up to spec

Oh-oh, looks like your fuel economy is suffering. Let's just disable 2 of your pistons to bring it back up to spec.

>>cars are phones
>another shitty car analogy
>another fucking phone thread

Can you phonechildren fuck off?

>iRoastie detected

but does it have windows?

No, but you can install them seperately.

'le computers are cars metaphor

xDDDDDDDDDDDD

thats literally how it works on the highway.
once youre up to speed half the engine shuts down and only gives enough power to keep the momentum going until you either step on the gas or slow down

Except, in this case, when you step on the gas the other cylinders don't start firing

Oh my god you're a fucking moron you can't even into analogy.

What Apple did is the equivalent of them shutting down cylinders to prevent the engine from SHUTTING DOWN due to fuel starvation from a bad fuel pump. Say one that could send x units of fuel per second to the engine at certain revs and after some time can't any more. It's to prevent the CPU getting voltage-starved and shutting off entirely.

Still a stupid design flaw but they bothered to mitigate it.

except apple didn't say all you needed to do was replace the fuel pump, and instead, many customers thought the only way to get back up to speed was to buy a brand new car. Get the issue now?

This is how multiple VAG-group models work when it doesn't need multiple pistons. It's actually economical. Why would you use more pistons than you need?

Yep, that's the exactly the issue. OP's just a faggot who completely misunderstands it.
Guess all there is to do now that if you really want to run iOS research if the model of iPhone you're getting can be gotten In to easily, or if someone in the area is experienced in doing it. Don't buy the new one on release or it's impossible.
Or stick with poodroid. It's all choice my man.

One thing OP is right about in his analogy is that both smartphones and cars are fucking cancer that needs to be banned

well yea its apple, the throttle position sensor is a nonservicable part and you voided your warranty when you snapped the plastic gas pedal by stepping on it too hard.

More like
>I'm detecting the car is about to crash
>Divert engine power to the brakes
What Apple did wrong is not inform customers earlier. Plus it's only on older phones so who cares.

first day on the job

This is an actual feature in sports cars
For example, the Giulia QV stops the fuel injection on three pistons out of six when in economy mode

You could have done a much better metaphor with bmw emission downgrade but unfortunately OP is a fag

10 rupees have been deposited to your iTunes account.

Electric cars have batteries.

Normal cars have batteries too

>>Divert engine power to the brakes
This is how itoddlers think a car works.

yeah 8 cylinder with only 4 working when highway/traffic driving. I heard the 4 cylinder vw do the same 2 being disable.

Isn’t that an actual thing on cars tho. I remember something about a Porsche 911 disabling half of its cylinders to save on fuel

It's more like
>let's move your redline down 1k rpm
But hey I didn't need to know how underage you were

I mean for fuel, so a car analogy can be a fine comparison with phones.

Yes, cylinder deactivation is a very common feature programmed into many modern engines.

Oh-oh, looks like your fuel economy is suffering. Let's just disable 4 of your pistons to bring it back up to spec.

>electric car
>pistons