/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Delid your CPU
youtube.com/watch?v=2eFzNpTOaOw

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming (especially the i5 8400) or multithreaded use CPUs (especially the R5 1600)
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Consider Vega 56 for a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LbpqkiaO7q4
azerty.nl/product/evga/946695/geforce-gtx-1070-sc-gaming-acx-3-0-black-edition-grafische-kaart-gtx-1070?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInpS-vv2i2AIVFDwbCh3LjwcNEAQYAyABEgKqgPD_BwE
videokaartshop.be/product/746541/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-sc-acx-3-0.html?tid=pla-338532309576&ref=353914&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInpS-vv2i2AIVFDwbCh3LjwcNEAQYASABEgINavD_BwE
pcpartpicker.com/list/bnVjPs
pcpartpicker.com/list/jynbNN
pcpartpicker.com/list/6PpXCy
youtube.com/watch?v=s0O3MxolJ7s
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/z9HXCy
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Y7LMJV
pcpartpicker.com/list/Y8j63F
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So how good is the EVGA step up plan, planning on buying a 1080ti brand from them and wanna know if it's any good just in case the meme volta comes out.

Is this a good 1080 ti card?
there is like 100 usd difference in the next card

You can only do it within 90 days of purchase. Volta isn't going to be here for at least five months. It also won't necessarily be added to the Step Up program on release day, especially if stock is tight. You can also only get the most basic models via Step Up, and all that'll be available at launch is the Founders Edition with a shit, noisy cooler. At best you'll get a basic, non-overclocked ACX model added a couple of months later.

Seems like a complete waste of time and effort to me. Just wait for Volta if you want Volta.

Well I don't really give a shit about the volta since I doubt any game would need that much power, so is it worth getting EVGA or should I just go with ASUS 1080ti

What's the most tech-illiterate/retarded thing you read here, /pcbg/?

>1600 can't run 4k
literally in last thread

>ryzen is better for gaming than coffee lake

The Strix is technically the best air cooled 1080 Ti in terms of noise/cooling. EVGA's warranty service is far better though, and the FTW3 isn't that far behind on the noise front. That's what I bought and I'm very happy with it.

After building a PC, what should I be insalling once I'm done with the OS and drivers? Graphics APIs?

Hey Sup Forums, I posted this already but I need to know if this is an okay build (priced at $440 used).

Also, can a 2600k run Windows 10? On the board page, it says "Supports Windows 10" but people say that they're missing drivers. Should I stay on Win 7 or should I up to LTSB if ever I get it?

have you updated your BIOS?

tons of shit
BIOS update
graphics drivers
benching tools
audio drivers, chipset drivers, a bunch of other shit
visit your mobo manufacturer's for most of them.

>all that shit
Welp I'll go prebuilt

While I'm not that familiar with US prices, doesn't look like it's worth it. Buying the parts separate would cost me around 400-450€, but even still the are parts I wouldn't want no matter the price. H61 chipset makes no sense with a cpu that today starts needing OC to keep up with current ones, OCZ PSU's are meh (had one before my current Seasonic), and that tiny laptop hard drive I woyld just throw away to make space for an SSD or a larger 3.5 HDD for storage.

youtube.com/watch?v=LbpqkiaO7q4

t. retard who will never enjoy customising and tailoring his PC, and going through the joy of updating and installing all those delicious drivers and gadgets and tools and making his PC top comfy

t. Abdulah El Fatih

I haven't finished assembling, waiting for a package that's running late.
>mobo manufactured for most of them
Should I still check every component in case it's not the latest?
>benching tools
What's a rundown on those?
>going with prebuilt
What are you even doing on this thread.

ain't a prebuilt, just on a used buy & sell website since the cheapest build i can do with a ryzen 3 is $800 (with monitors and shit included).

Every 12yo kid will build a pc no problem now. You're literal brainlet. Even then, you should ask somebody to build it for you.

My dudes I need some help picking a new monitor for my home PC. Mostly for gaming (think TW3, grand strategy etc) - light CAD work, programming and video viewing. Currently using a 980TI, but I'll probably upgrade soon, should be 27", needs VESA mount and budget is somewhere around €800.
Shit's driving me crazy because there's so many of them and I can't tell what I'm supposed to be looking for.

do nothing with it and alt-tabbing to shitpost all day

Why does anyone (in Europe) buy the Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
when the Samsung SSD SM961 1TB is identical except for a fancy sticker but 15% cheaper?

European customer protection laws guarantee you 2 years of warranty anyway.

Sup Forums

>3DPD

You can have her.

>European customer protection laws guarantee you 2 years of warranty anyway.
It's 5 years in Norway. Since it is an item that costs more than 1000 kr, and is expected to last for more than 5 years.

Lifespan of an SSD? Is 250GB enough for wow?

For wow + w10*

>mfw the ryzen meme keeps getting pushed
>mfw ryzen can ONLY compete with fast (3466 mhz) low latency (CL14 14-14-14-30) ddr4 ram
>mfw retards will buy some cheap ass ram kit and be completely oblivous as to why the cpu is slow as balls

Entirely depends on how much you write on it. If the controller doesn't die more than a decade of normal consumer usage for current models

Lifespan is more determined by writes, they're write limited.

If you're reading to it more than writing, it will last a really long time. Then factor in they wear level against empty blocks to extend lifespan. By the time you would need to replace it, SSDs will be a dime a dozen.

Looks worth it to me. if you have bad drivers just go to the manufacturer website and install the latest ones, they tend to work just fine.

you can flash the bios for ivybridge support if you want to go for the next gen i7 but i wouldn't bother

pretty sure it's repeated ad nauseam that fast ram speed is needed with ryzen in these threads. you're greatly exaggerating how important the latency is though, try not to get so triggered.

>citation needed: the post
At least make your wait worth your own time

Breaking news: every cpu in existence likes having faster ram.

Enough now, but you shouldn't put anything else on it. Also I wonder how big the next expac will be.

>fast ram speed is needed with ryzen in these threads. you're greatly exaggerating how important the latency is though
there's a 10% difference between low latency and "fast ram"
>63983294
>Breaking news: every cpu in existence likes having faster ram.
we're talking about the timings here not the clockspeed, keep up grand pa.

Traps are subjectively better than flapping layers of roast beef, though.

>we're talking about the timings here not the clockspeed, keep up grand pa.

Outside of ludicrously tight and ludicrously loose timings it doesn't really matter unless a given task is particularly latency sensitive.

>talk about processors and computer components
>retard decides to announce his asperger's by handing out a few (You)s and writing "Sup Forums" in his post
I don't understand

EVGA has god tier customer support and the FTW3 is pretty damn good. If you buy a strix card good luck ever getting support, ASUS doesn’t give a shit about it’s customers

Am I missing something? Is there a difference or is one just really overpriced?

azerty.nl/product/evga/946695/geforce-gtx-1070-sc-gaming-acx-3-0-black-edition-grafische-kaart-gtx-1070?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInpS-vv2i2AIVFDwbCh3LjwcNEAQYAyABEgKqgPD_BwE

videokaartshop.be/product/746541/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-sc-acx-3-0.html?tid=pla-338532309576&ref=353914&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInpS-vv2i2AIVFDwbCh3LjwcNEAQYASABEgINavD_BwE

Is 3600MHz in RAM too much? Literally no fucking reasonably priced Ram anywhere.

So I am stuck between getting a 6gb gta 1060, the 1060 windforce, or the 1070.

Can anyone let me know which is best for my build? It's for gaming, 1080p 60fps

pcpartpicker.com/list/bnVjPs

Budget $500 USD
Chinese cartoons, shit posting, online poker

You could go for a mini ITX build with passive cooling for the GPU (if you even want to have one).
A Pentium, i3 or Ryzen 3 will do you very well for just that (you need dedicated GPU if you go with Ryzen).

Do you also need to buy peripherals?

if my monitor de la computadora has 60 hz refresh rate i can't see above 60 fps?

No, I just need a new box. The current one is very old and beaten and does a shitload of noise whenever is turned on.

The human eye can't see more than 24fps. Anything higher is just marketing.

put an iphone in front of your eyes as it records the screen at 60fps

You will start to see see 60fps cause of that.

#lifehack

So whats a good board to pair with a r7 1700 non x?some people recommend a b350 while others say x370.

Or rather, use a phone that can record at 4k resolution. You can save tons on the monitor and graphics card.

an x370 would "supposedly" have better VRMs for OC

And more ports.

I use sandy bridge and win 10. works fine ootb if there is an internet connection for it to dl drivers with windows update.
A sandy at stock clocks is not a very good gaming cpu these days and the sc performance will likely be a bottleneck with a 970. You really need a p67< oc board and that cpu at ~4.5ghz to make it fly.

Something along the lines of this pcpartpicker.com/list/jynbNN would be good, you can get rid of the SSD and reuse your old computer's drives.

Alternatively you can do this, with no dedicated graphics card: pcpartpicker.com/list/6PpXCy

So I'm thinking about getting a 1600X over a 1600 because of higher clock speed. Why isn't recommended?

It can't run 4k at high fps, idiot.

they OC about the same, the 1600X might be slightly better binned, comes at a higher base clock, and doesn't come with a stock cooler

kys

Please elaborate.

>no argument
No problem, idiot.

Are you legitimately baiting, brainlet?
Who spooned this shit up your asshole? you sound legitimately like someone fresh out of facebook. Resolution isn't CPU intensive you fucking eternal brainlet. If you put a years old 2500k with a 1080Ti on 4K it iwll perform the same as a 16 core threadripper or a 50 core Xeon you turboretard
youtube.com/watch?v=s0O3MxolJ7s

What is the thought process that hits you in the head and you go "hey, I think I'm tech informed enough to post in Sup Forums"?

>It can't run 4k at high fps, idiot.
4k of what?
Videos?
Blender?
Synfig?
Mandelbrot fractal animations?

you must be the same guy from the last thread

Alright gents, I've set up two builds and I need help choosing which one to go for. Main use will be 1080p gaming with a Freesync 75Hz (lel) monitor. I plan on building in the next 2 months, getting the parts whenever I see their price decrease (if it decreases at all). Budget is up to £1100 tops

The Intel Build:
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/z9HXCy

The AMD Build:
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Y7LMJV

Any tips on how to drop the price further are appreciated: I feel like the PSU might be overkill and I don't know shit about mobos so I might be able to get a better one for both builds, for a similar price.
I heart the WraithSpire Ryzen cooler is gud enuf on its own, but I've added a Hyper 212 EVO for the Intel build - again, I'm not sure if this is overkill or a good idea.

4k 144fps goalpost moving, duh

fuck amd amirite

>you must be the same guy
Ofcourse it's the same guy, retard. Not often you can find people with sub-40 IQ

What are you even trying to say?
144 FPS in which application?

>posts wojaks
>spams "brainlet"
>insecure insults
Yeah, spoken like a true idiot who knows nothing alright.

>it gdsfan run 4k
>1600 cant run fps
>4kkkkkkk but the cpu cant IT CANT i know from facebook rofl

Volta or Pascal refresh next year? Planning on getting a new GPU for Metro Exodus

It's not bait. It's too retarded to be bait
He's just retarded, don't rub his brain cells too hard.

Go with AMD, it's a good bit cheaper. There is no point buying Intel CPUs nowadays.

You really are as bitter and hilariously insecure as they come. Sorry, sometimes you just need to admit you're wrong and have no idea how CPUs scale with higher resolutions.

my displayport cable is literally shaking at the thought of having to shift 4k144hz worth of bandwidth

>you

Fanboys like yourself really are stupid.

If you're emulating or aiming for 144Hz, you should buy Intel. Otherwise buy a lower end Ryzen or Skylake.

Intel integrated GPUs "run 4k" just fine.
Be more specific.

You fucking dumbass, a R5 1600 is easily capable of 144hz.

user I'll have you warned that if you press him any harder than this his last remaining brain cell will malfunction and you might be charged for cyberhomicide

>mfw have 1600 and play at 250+ FPS on a 144hz panel
Nice joke tho

>resorting to samefag
As if you couldn't get any more desperate. Must suck losing an argument this badly.

>the mere mention of resolution and refresh rate implies proprietary 3D video games

AMD idiots like yourself sure enjoy repeating falsehoods. All the while completely disregarding the benchmarks. Again, always funny.

>have 1600 and play at 250+ FPS on a 144hz panel
What? Half-Life 2? My Ivy Bridge could do that easily too.

AMD fanboys like yourself seem pretty active at the moment.

AMD trying to run 4k lmao

Post wojaks, brainlet wojaks, and intel wojaks
We partying tonight

what you buy will largely fall down to personal preference, but at those framerates/resolution the cpu largely won't matter
also consider that the intel is 6c6t whereas the amd is 6c12t, while it might not seem ideal to think about future proofing with such a low end cpu to begin with 6c6t is a really shit setup and won't be ideal as console games are going to be optimised for 4c8t and historically hyperthreading has always paid off, you can look at this with the 2500k vs 2600k, 2500k was 4c4t and the 2600k was 4c8t, otherwise they were almost identical, clock for clock the 2500k did BETTER in most games at launch as hyperthreading is sometimes a downside, however 5 years on the 2600k is obviously the far better choice, Sup Forums at the time was shilling for the 2500k as "games don't use more than 4 cores" and that hyperthreading was a waste and that the 2500k was doing better at the time, but right now the 2500k owners are probably kicking themselves considering the 2600k is still doing fine and that a cheap used 2600k off of ebay is a decent upgrade
the same can be said for the 4770k vs 4790k, the 4790k is still a decent cpu yet the 4770k feels dated
either way, I'm not trying to say that the amd cpu is better now or that it would be better in the future, but I wouldn't settle for 6c6t in that position (though I am on an intel 6c12t so I am biased)

>brainlet wojaks, and intel wojaks
seems a little redundant

>benchmarks which show less than 10fps difference on max settings are relevant when the goal is maximum framerate

stop

intel has bigger fps in 4k ok

fuck off amd shills

you cant hurt me as long as you cant downvote me

Benchmarks?

>benchmarks which show less than 10fps
Well done on further proving your stupidity.

Thoughts on my gaming pc?

pcpartpicker.com/list/Y8j63F

what do you mean running pinxels is a gpu task i dont care man babby told me intel is better at 4k stop saying these things man

You are getting really asshurt here dude.

Navi.

IT

JUST

DONT

WORK

THAT WAY

BLUE IS BETTER EVERYONE TOLD ME ITS BETTER

Coming from an iGPU, the 1050 Ti is fucking godlike. I can't imagine how powerful the higher tier cards are like.

I wasn't the person you were replying to originally, I jumped in from the thread index, this isn't reddit where you can pretend to know who you're replying to user
but no, good job being intentionally malicious by cropping what I said to fit into your strawman, if you want to talk benchmarks post your preferred benchmarks instead of letting people guess your argument for you