Class action lawsuit filed against apple in CA

Where were you when apple were finished and bankrupt?

cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/applesuit.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wanna see Apple crash and burn.

>18. Defendant alleges that it slows down iPhone processors when the battery is wearing out.
>19. Defendant never requested consent or did Plaintiffs at any time give consent for Defendant to slow down their iPhones.
>20. Plaintiffs and Class Members were never given the option to bargain or choose whether they preferred to have their iPhones slower than normal.
>21. Plaintiffs and Class Members suffered interferences to their iPhone usage due to the intentional slowdowns caused by Defendant.
>22. Defendant’s wrongful actions directly and proximately caused the interference and loss of value to Plaintiffs and Class Members’ iPhones causing them to suffer, and continue to suffer, economic damages and other harm for which they are entitled to compensation, including:

>a. Replacement of old phone;
> b. Loss of use;
>c. Loss of value;
>d. Purchase of new batteries;
>e. Ascertainable losses in the form of deprivation of the value of their iPhone;
>f. Overpayments to Defendant for iPhones in that a portion of the price paid for such iPhone by Plaintiffs and Class Members to Defendant was for Defendant to purposefully not interfere with the usage of their iPhones, which Defendant and its affiliates purposefully interfered in order to slow down its performance and, as a result, Plaintiffs and Class Members did not receive what they paid for and were overcharged by Defendant.

It’s over

so, applel looses this? how much money they gonna loose? will they have to pull in their funds from Ireland (and pay taxes on them) to pay out the lawsuit?

They’ll basically have to pay 50% of an iphones value to every owner that comes forward as far back as the 5s

iphone 5s? that's it? these people are retarded.. my iphones 4 hasn't slowed down and the battery life is the same as when i first got it. these poor fags are just mad they can't afford a new iphone and trying to make apple pay for one.

>my aging device slows down
>i didn't give permission for this
>i'm going to sue u!!

the absolute state of burgers

t. damage control

it must be a christmas miracle you have someone else to talk to on your hourly apple posts

you have me confused sir, I no apple shill, I just love apple products

None of what you said is even consistent with what Apple has already admitted.
>Apple updates throttle performance to conserve power on devices with degrading batteries
>as a bonus, Apple gets to also provide users with a reason to upgrade since slower performance sucks
>two birds with one stone
>never tell anyone they were doing this
>someone finally proves it's happening
>Apple fesses up and looks skeevy af in the process
>idiots still defending them with anecdotal 'b-but my phone hasn't slowed' stories after Apple already admitted they intentionally slow devices down
So who the fuck are you even defending at this point, faggot?

I am not going to cash in, even if the suit goes through.

I support apple and their innovations and would pay a premium any for top quality products.

You’re a fucking brainwashed faggot
t. i5s

without apple we wouldnt even have smartphones. You should thank me.

Smartphones existed before the iPhone you can’t. The iPhone wasn’t even the first capacitive multitouch phone. The LG Prada was.

*cunt

that's one massive fuckup.

Batteries degrading is a natural occurrence, they couldn't get blamed for this, but throttling the phone to hide it is extremely liable.

Can't what?

All they had to do was put a notice on their support articles that this would happen and it would have been avoided.

>let’s ignore his next post correcting his typo so I don’t have to address an argument

How am I supposed to address something I don't understand, can't.

I wasn't correcting his typo, I was calling him a star cunt.

Your a Kampf

apple can do whatever they want. it's what made them innovators. you want to complain because your 5 year old phone lost a small percentage of battery life so it operates while there are tech companies willingly doing worse out there. apple is the only based tech company left. doesn't hire mud people, doesn't turn over for the government and best of all invented mp3 players and later smartphones. android fags mad because they will be forever chasing apple! android where'd your headphone jack go lol

this. apple drives innovations

t. iToddler

holy shit

>Apple
>losing anything significant in a courtroom

>iToddler doesn’t remember when Apple lost to Samsung and was about to have their products banned from shelves until King Nigger stepped in

I wish apple would die off already. The only reason they still exist is because of how tech illiterate normies are. GUIs were a mistake.

Go back to your AIDS ridden grave, Jobs.

All of this over
>Waaaah appel slowed down my facebook!!!!

>replacement of old phone
Thanks k good I hung onto that iPhone 4. Anybody think I can get an 8 fo free?

>Class Action Lawsuit against the masters of planned obsolescence
Can you imagine the consequences if the plaintiffs won?

>iPadjeet damage control

>Last: iOS 7.1.2, released June 30, 2014

The throttling code wasn’t put in until 10.2.1 so you’re out of luck.

Basically the iPhone 5 and up.
I5 and i5c got 10.3.3, the i5s and up got iOS 11.

I'm assuming the conditions for replacement will include original receipt, no cracked screen, no water damage, no third party parts, and a myriad of other shit to make it impossible for anyone to actually get a replacement.

I don’t think the judges would make it that strict. I think an iPhone in good condition with a valid serial would be enough. At a stretch a receipt.

Possibly, but you're dealing with a billion dollar tech company going against tech illiterate old ass judges. Some clever wording can make anything sound reasonable.

Yeah, Apple will lose a few million and nothing will change. They will bury this like they do with everything.
They are a multi-billion dollar company, and have dealt with worse.

Time will tell but I think the bad PR will hit them the hardest.

>panjeet doesn't understand basic American legal systems

Typical. Back to /XDA/ with you, go on, shoo.

t. iToddler

iToddlers will defend this.

>make facebook toy
>can't do facebook without lagging like shit

>slows down iPhone processors when the battery is wearing out
that seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do

freetard here btw

>>slows down iPhone processors when the battery is wearing out without telling users so that they think the entire iPhone needs to be replaced rather than just the battery
Fixed.

yea on 2nd thought, im ok with this, but only if it is publicly documented somewhere.

so, was this info available to the public?

>so, was this info available to the public?
Why do you think the lawsuit is even a thing?

>so that they think the entire iPhone needs to be replaced
Who in their right mind would instantly buy a new phone? Anyone with an IQ over 50 would go to the store and ask what's wrong with my phone.

>go to the store and ask what's wrong with my phone.

>people will think the entire iPhone needs to be replaced
>false presumption
>hurr durr apple is so greedy

>my iphones 4 hasn't slowed down and the battery life is the same as when i first got it
Unfortunately, this is simply a lie. I still love my iPhone, but it's no secret that your shit gets artificially slowed when new gens come out.

>>false presumption
Wrong.

Then why has nobody proven it?

(You)

Why are you wrong?

You just literally proved my point. Holy shit you're fucking dumb. Seriously, back to /XDA/ you filthy street shitter.

>iToddler STILL trying to damage control after even applel themselves and geekbench admitted it
FUCKING KEK

>IQ over 50
>iPhone owner
pick one

thistbhfam

>a. Replacement of old phone;
>d. Purchase of new batteries;
Aren't these two contradictory? iPhones were being slowed down to trick users into buying a new phone instead of just replacing the batteries.

that graph doesnt even explain what its measuring. holy shit fuck off

also its in jpg format. what a dumb fucking cunt you are. that image in fucking jpeg. stupid fuckin dumb cunt

>Anjeet doesn't even know about Android's latest blunders because he's still on 2.poo Curry Sandwich

Lagdrois is LITERALLY measured in FPS for performance, its not even a joke anymore. Keeping your Android device simply ON eventually makes it a stutterfest and you have to restart it to make it speed up again.

ANDROSHIT BTFO

Those are two different scenarios.
One rumor says your iPhone is deliberately made slower when a new iPhone is released. This is proven wrong.
Apple admits iPhones gets slower when battery capacity is down, to prevent unexpected shutdowns. The function was introduced with iOS 10.2.1 in January 2017.

>black and white graphic
>not even grayscale
>jpg
for fuck sake, gtfo with that cancer, faggot

None of today's battery problems would exist if phones still had easily removable batteries

>actually admitting to wrongdoing when there was no substantial evidence other than subjective accounts from stupid users.
>not silently fixing the issue and denying everything.

i'm surprised apple fucked up this bad desu.

But if we don't include battery replacements all the people will just buy new phones, genius idea!

I'd rather my phone becomes slower, than turns of unexpectedly.

>Two points that have no correlation
I would too rather have money than being shot in a dick

This.
This is truly the end for Apple.
Every year before this Apple has always just pretended they can do no wrong and never admitted anything even when their iTrash exploded and took down an airliner and killed 66 people. Their brain dead zombies even defended that. But to openly admit fault, damn, they just dug their own grave.

>the only way to make images that arent jpgs is to use ms paint
fuck youre retarded

Apple has $200bn in cash so I doubt anything could make them bankrupt

lol what?

making the phone slower will barely help your battery.

lower clocks does not imply great wins in power draw. it's more likely that on a normal day, the screen is the most demonic power drawing beast other than radios. why didn't they dim those or reduce transmit power instead?

this "saving battery" angle is pure bullshit damage control.

>Who in their right mind would instantly buy a new phone?
An iPhone user who looks at their friends new iPhone 8 or X that isn't slowed by the update.

Most of these people have had a couple of years out of their device by this time and would consider it about time to upgrade, not knowing they would receive a return to full performance, and practically no noticeable difference between their device and a new iPhone 8, if they just had the battery replaced.

I don't get why this becomes an uproar. Why don't people just NOT update? Or flash the old version where it still works normally?

Then it's their fault for not having their phone fixed.

The difference in the case of the iPhone 5s and older is that it isn't that they are throttling the CPU under new versions of iOS but rather that iOS is getting so bloated that the performance degrades.

In a test like Geekbench the OS is pretty much divorced from the activity, it's happening within an app that has most of the control, but when you work with the OS it is slow as fuck.

owned

They need a better notification than a notice in the Battery Settings menu that there is a problem with their battery.

How often do you honestly go there?

>Where were you when apple were finished and bankrupt?
Enjoying my early Christmas present.

Remember to remind all Apple users that their shitposting devices are botnetified, throttled, shackled and overpriced chinkshit

apple forces their itoddlers to update if they want to download apps

t. itoddler with the $1000 emoji machine

Did I strike a nerve? Why do you always report posts while turbo shitposting at the same time? Every day 'itoddler', 'mactoddler'. The same image macros posted every, single, day. You're the mod, aren't you? Knew it. Thanks Hiro.

Lying on the Internet is a crime, user.

y u mad tho? :^)

You keep shitting up my otherwise fairly peaceful board with inflammatory trolling. How many Apple hate threads do you make a day roughly, and why? This isn't an Apple forum, why is it worth your time?

>my
LMAO
You're our applechimp pet, Raj. We keep you around literally to kick around. :^)

>Be me
>Have a shitty Galaxy s5
>Battery starts to go bad
>100% batt lasts 3 hours
>Buy new OEM batt for $20
>Replace it in 1min
>Phone back to the original batt life
Who else devilish?

Do you ever get tired of resetting your router, Andreet?

>literally 3AM christmas day
>britbong iToddler literally crying and shitposting from his mom's basement
FUCKIN KEK

Really forces one to ponder.
>animefag
>calling people toddlers

The state

>Defendant never requested consent or did Plaintiffs at any time give consent for Defendant to slow down their iPhones.
Somebody didn't read the EULA they agreed to.

>battery life is the same as when i first got it
not possible.mkv

Not him but this is a animie website.
If you can't handle anime girls, you need to leave.

I’ve read all 8 pages of the EULA thoroughly. Nowhere is it stated that they have the right to slow down your device or sabotage hardware performance.

They put in the standard “you have no warranty on iOS software bla bla bla” and then goes on to say that your local law may cuck our EULA.

Also, the suit was filed in California, under whomst law the EULA must be observed (except for the United Kingdom). I think California lawyers know how to sue in California.

youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

>the ABSOLUTE state

Three jobcoins have been deposited into your apple account