Wait Wait Wait

Why didn't Apple just make their batteries removable?

Other urls found in this thread:

ifixit.org/blog/9415/teardown-iphone-x/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because then people wouldn't buy new iPhones when their batteries go to shit.

The same reason all flagships have non removable batteries.

Waterproof, better build quality and durability.

Because the phones would have to be bulkier.

NSA compliance to be able to track users even when the device is off

iPhones only just recently started having waterproofing so I don't even know why you would try that excuse.

99% of people don't want to buy a new battery and then get tools, open phone and put new battery in. Consumers are fucking lazy, they would rather sign another contract for a "free" replacement phone, and apple knows it.

t. Retail cuck in phone store

Note 4 user here. No tools needed, I just buy a new battery, snap the back open, slap it in and snap it back. If you need tools to do it, your phone isn't made with battery removable in mind.

Quite frankly I'd rather not have to open up my $800-1000 phone and risk damaging the waterproofing

Right

Exactly, I have never seen a phone with removable battery that required tools to open.

Remember removable battery isn't just in case it's worn out.
You can also carry multiple batteries on longer trips.

They are removable, just use a screwdriver

Your incredibly daft.

That's not easy to do.

>screwdriver
Multiple screwdrivers with multiple nonstandard heads. And a heat gun to remove the glass. And it voids the warranty.

ifixit.org/blog/9415/teardown-iphone-x/

The primary reason is because the batteries being used are extremely sensitive to current, voltage, amperage change. If you buy chink shit and put it in your phone and that battery is fucked up in any way, it could explode instantly.

Other phones don't care about who made the battery.

All phones are Chinesse in orgin.

You almost had it! You were meant to say:
So the company can Jew you into buying a new phone when it breaks because it will because that's how phone manufacturers and most other companies make money

It's also to do with shipping.
If you ship the battery external to the device there are different things you have to deal with when it comes to customs and shit.
When it is installed things are easier.

That's not the point and you know it.

Because Money. Android use to have removable batteries for Flagship ship stuff, but they removed it to force you buy a new phone.

Because Apple doesn't want you to replace your battery by yourself or a third party servicemen. They want you to upsell a new phone.

it's obvious why.