So Sup Forums reached new levels of kikery

So Sup Forums reached new levels of kikery
Because their obsession with Sup Forums now they think fact-checking is not censorship and mozilla is based for doing it
Why don't we just integrate Sup Forums with tumblr already?

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2017-08-mozilla-fact-checker-fake-news.html
archive.is/xfiPy
youtube.com/watch?v=u-8kmPJKGgM
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>fact-checking is censorship

But who fact checks the fact checkers?

The goal of ''fact-check'' is to say what is true and what is lie and mozilla will use their brand and their power to implement it

Everyone thinks mozilla is a good corporation that aims to help the internet "make internet healthier" and developing an open source browser that is safer than chrome
They are using their prestige to implement a real time snopes-like tool because ''it's better for democracy xD"
phys.org/news/2017-08-mozilla-fact-checker-fake-news.html

archive.is/xfiPy

Why is that so scary? Polple are assuming )()"()(mozilla()({}{] has some kind of leebrool censorship agenda before we've actually seen any evidence of such.
Any how could Mozilla trying to shape the news we see be worse than the Cyкa Блятьs shaping it?

Yeah because it censors knowing and deliberate propagandists, and therefore essentially the entire right wing media.

>Mozilla Trust Initiative with a kike that is jewish and works for Soros who is another kike that promotes censorship
>not bad
ok kid

>Russians shaping anything in the west in any way
?

youtube.com/watch?v=u-8kmPJKGgM

did you already donated goy?? we need your support to make internet free, give shekels pls

>Why don't we just integrate Sup Forums with tumblr already?
Sup Forums was never in line with your political views as far as technology went before and a handful of shilling and forced agenda pushing with some incredibly awful english/grammar won't change that, and despite presenting it as a technological discussion because it's from mozilla it's absolutely not

>muh sorosbux jewish weapon

fact checking and websites that do it are a tool to help further research on a topic and to help improve public discourse, most sane people recongise this, if you're taking fact checkers as objective fact you're also probably the type of person that would treat cnn/washington post/fox news/breitbart/your preferred news outlet as objective fact also in which case you're part of the problem, see also the post below you
>The goal of ''fact-check'' is to say what is true and what is lie
people will always take fact checking as "this is truth, and this is a lie" which is why it's important to have the discourse on the topic to encourage people to think critically about subjects and not treat all sources of information as valid and correct, but simply dismissing them because "who controls the fact checkers" isn't going to have the effect you want it to

I'll agree that it's a shitty use of mozillas time and money but I seriously doubt they'll go after any complicated matters and would probably prefer to stick to low hanging fruit, but admittedly it's not a topic I care about in the slightest

>developing an open source browser that is safer than chrome
anybody that seriously cares about privacy understands that chrome/chromium is objectively the more secure browser, it has never been about safety with mozilla (although the push towards multiprocess and getting rid of legacy addons helps security), it has always been about privacy and not giving a mega corporation like google even MORE information about your online habits than they knew about

>fact checking and websites that do it are a tool to help further research on a topic and to help improve public discourse
hehehe I love the ones who want to make society better by implementing censorship and using language tricks like ''harmful to democracy'', ''healthier internet'', ''the health of our public network'', ''public discourse"....
you are on the path to be a jewish laywer for the Mozilla Trust Foundation - Where The Truth Matters

Just use ESR 52 till that dies this june

>Verifying your facts is censorship
>asking for source is censorship

Jesus christ

Snopes is pretty good though.

Who gets to decide what's fact and what isn't? Mozilla shouldn't be making decisions like that and think for everyone else

Show me where they are making the decision.

>tfw Sup Forums was right again

They will use standard CNN/ABC/NBC/WP/NYT to determine what is fake news
If NYT says it's fake news, then it's fake news and conspiracy

Any automatic fact checker will only have what facts were fed to them, all mozilla needs to do is tell the machine what they think are facts. You should never trust anyone to tell you what to think, be it mozilla or Sup Forums or anyone. If you can't think for yourself and make your own decisions, what can you do.

Censorship makes internet healthier
Fact-check promotes public debate
Big corporations have the right to control the flow of information
Fact-check engine help further research and improve public discourse

What is your source? Where do they claim they want to determine themselves what is or is not fake news?

>automatic fact checker
What are you even talking about?

what do you have against Jews? they're usually pretty cool people as far as I've seen. I love any movie by Judd Apatow

glad I dumped this pile of trash browser

>Where do they claim they want to determine themselves what is or is not fake news?
In their Mozilla Trust Initiative blog they cited New York Times and The Guardian as example of fake news spread by online terrorists and in those articles they concluded with "Pizzagate is a conspiracy and it's fake news spread by online terrorists"
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/

I'm sorry, but this is not proof at all they will tell users what is or is not fake news. If you actually read the blog post, you will see that their initiative is about educating people and empowering them to figure it out themselves.

In the mozilla blog entry of August 8 2017 they cited NYT as example of fake news that is harmful to democracy (the NYT article claim they investigate the subject and declared pizzagate as fake news/conspiracy) and the guardian link is praising BBC for building a team to fight fake news

Further in the article they say things like that (like the NYT report) harm democracy and they have to build a database of fake information and it will be labeled as fake everything that mainstream media label as such
>you will see that their initiative is about educating people and empowering them to figure it out themselves.
You are baiting aren't you

Regardless of the usefulness of fact-checkers, how is it Mozilla's place to inplement it?
Tech companies should go back to being just tech companies, rather than seeing themselves as those grand political actors

who would lie about facts? u can't make up facts. i trust fact checkers because they check facts

>Further in the article they say [...] they have to build a database of fake information and it will be labeled as fake everything that mainstream media label as such
Can you cite the exact sentences where they say that? Or alternatively highlight it in a screenshot.

oh wow thanks Fact Checkers TM

>censorship
for a start this is something a private entity is doing, they have no bearing on whether you can research these topics independently and aren't attempting to control the source of information in the slightest - they're absolutely no different to any other news or alternative news source in this regard
secondly, copyright laws and intellectual property laws are quite literally state enforced censorship and are FAR more harmful to society than anything a private entity like mozilla is doing yet none of you dumb fucks want to acknowledge that it has only largely been extremely left leaning groups that have pushed for removal of copyright laws and supported free/libre open source licenses like the gpl, as far as I'm aware the only right leaning groups that don't want copyright/intellectual property laws are non-american libertarian groups and even then opinions are split, instead you all think championing for copyright/intellectual properly laws is a good thing because corporations are always correct and that sharing or things like the gpl are literally communism, I swear you must think you'll be the next ayn rand making millions off of book deals
>and using language tricks
wow it's almost as if it's comparable to when people say shit like 'muh sorosbux'
again, to reiterate my point, having discourse on what mozilla is doing wrong with this is a GOOD THING, and that includes using obnoxious language to push their point
>you are on the path to be a jewish laywer for the Mozilla Trust Foundation
if you think I'm in support of this movement from mozilla you're either utterly incompetent at basic english comprehension, as I blatantly said it's a shitty use of mozillas resources, or you're purposely being malicious and misrepresenting my post
good job, fucking kgb spook

sage in all fields boys, this thread is clearly going to be a train wreck for any sort of technology related discussion

>You are baiting aren't you