Post obsolete tech you want to see return

>Post obsolete tech you want to see return
I fucking hate having a cellphone. I miss the days where these were on every block.
Also translucent plastic. Shit's cool, yo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GOdIeka3-SI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Diskettes and cartridges. They are so aesthetic. Yes, pen-drives are much easier and flexible, but they don't have the same old futuristic look. Only if they could be viable...

fuck UEFI
fuck (((secure boot)))
fuck efistubs, efi partitions and every related fuckery

I feel you

But EFI is logical evolution and is better in every way. Secure boot is kinda a meme but it could make it more secure, and there are linuces that are secure-bootable
>4 partitions

cables
I like cables

Dumbphones like Nokia 3210.

They'll make a comeback in the form of suicide booths OP

The fuck are linuces? I hope you didn't invent a plural for Linux while referring GNU/Linux as Linux.

but EFISTUB & other efi tools/features are Linux features and has no connection to GNU project.

Cool looking optical media

ditto

Soda vending machines where a cup would drop down, and you'd get actual crushed ice.

disgusting

yea desu, I think I would rather stick to sealed packaging, this seems kinda gross. Not that a package that sat in a warehouse is gonna be much better, but at least that shit comes sealed and not out of a machine some bub comes and fills every few weeks

how is it secure to have a layer of re-programmable bullshit on your machine

we had glass cups lel

It's just a matter of the owner of the machine cleaning the cans before feeding the machine. Some places clean the part where you touch your mouth with paper towel and alcohol.

Oh my.

how would that even work? do you replace the cup when you finish?

People didn't care much for hygiene back then. You drank, put the cup back then someone else would use it, and so forth.

>he didn't place his entire mouth over the water fountain nozzle

Cigarette machines where you pull a knob

interesting!

i can hear the soft thunk as the pack hit the bottom of the dispenser tray.

Wired broadband Internet.

5G gets rolled out in 2019 and when that happens ISPs will force the remaining broadband subscribers onto wireless based networks if they don't upgrade to a business plan. This will cut ISPs last-mile costs (no maintenance or installers needed) while forcing everyone to use a sim card to interface with their network. Your ISP will always know your location.

yeah you put it back and there they might clean it

> 1000 years till retards will be able to kill themselves
Too long.

Real mobile support vehicles for the real 12-inch action figures with kung-fu grip who loved them.
Merry Christmas!

I wouldn't mind. If it comes with unlimited data band.
25mbps would be enough.
The place i live is a town, more precisly the outskirt of it. So i am not even close to an 5mbps cable(very unstable) . Currently i have a "wireless" internet (no idea what is it called. But it's kinda like wifi. They have tower from which we connect from our router) only problems is that it's an 10mbps and sometimes it becomes unstable. Well they do work fast so mostly within hours they solve the problem but still sucks. Through a promotion i tried mobil data on phone, and i could use the 4G network anywhere. But a 10GB data plan one would cost 2-3 times of my current ISP.

>If it comes with unlimited data band.

ISPs already got away with imposing data caps on wired customers because they got away with it on their mobile customers.

dude this is awesome is there a tutorial for setting up the sd reader inside the floppy drive?

>autorun

youtube.com/watch?v=GOdIeka3-SI
6 1 2 D A Y S
D
A
Y
S

OP is such a phreak.

The Nintendo Switch uses cartridges.
Optical media is obsolete anyway.

>5 Lifehack tips that will make your everyday better (Watch now)
>Youtube.com - This month's most viewed

>Nintendo Switch
Trash

GPT partition tables are literally the only good thing to come out of UEFI.

what is the fucking point of something like this?

I don't get it

Were cups chained to the machine? Or how did you prevent gypsies from stealing them?

>Or how did you prevent gypsies from stealing them?
they all got sent to the gulag

People are no longer getting married.

are you 14 or what

The problem was never the phones being obsolete but instead drunk pieces of shit throwing up on them, pissing in the full-size booths or junkies using them as a place to shoot up.

what do you need to setup a payphone?
are there any dumb laws about them?

Disagree. There's nothing to be gained from BIOS.

>linuces
Family of Linux based operating systems.
Same like UNIX is Unices.

>Most common is the conventional Unixes, but Unices, treating Unix as a Latin noun of the third declension, is also popular.
This is an autistic imageboard, if you're not one, please lease.

except a more secure, smaller attack surface
a wise man once said
>youre a nigger in the ocean, you have no idea whats under you

and then NYC set up public internet kiosks to replace them and were shocked when bums jacked off in them. like what the fuck did they think would happen

N-NANI?

>MicroSD card inside an SD card inside a floppy disk

>Only one MicroSD card inside it
With all the physical space that a floppy disk has, why not have a fuck ton of MicroSD cards all RAIDed up together?

CRT monitors and capacitative buckling spring keyboards

I'm 773, totally going to do this someday.

You're a underage, that's why you don't feel the nostalgia.

Their cartridges is a sd, I want Atari 2600 cartridges. Probably going to mod microsds with a 3D printer someday.

The sanctity of marriage in an increasingly amoral society? Is this some new Sup Forums meme?

There was a separate nozzle with plain water so you could clean the glass before using it.

Because it looks cool, dipshit.

I just want more ethernet wall-ports. My current house doesn't have any and my computer is located too far from the router to use a cable.

Yea GPT and BIOS is GOAT. It's so easy to set up using grub2.
grub-install /dev/sda

Physical keyboards on phones. Relying on autocorrect to fix all of my fuckups is stupid and doesn't work half the time.

90s and 80s had superior tech aesthetics. Everything looked much weightier and solid, didn't look like it was consumer bullshit made to be as cheap as possible with built-in obsoletion.