youtu.be/xFYaeqVxN7I
us.discovericl.com
youtube.com/watch?v=x1_q3plkvQg
youtube.com/watch?v=dKANhIU7Sxk
youtube.com/watch?v=V9u8yO82NSw&t=86s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hope your lawyer will work in a contingency basis when you are blinded

LASIK

PRK is not worth the trouble unless you're some kind of special forces operator.

Have had lasik for 2 years, and it's been great.
Friend got it right after I did, and it's worked well for him too.

>tfw cant get lasik cause problem is with eye muscles rather than eyeball

glasses are cool too, right?

femtolasik in 2 weeks, wish me luck

what could go wrong

only if your rx is so low you don't actually need them

aaojournal.org/article/S0161-6420(06)01126-2/fulltext?mobileUi=0
Exactly nothing. It's not final destination 5, however much you want it to be.
youtu.be/xFYaeqVxN7I

sis got LASIK couple years ago, went from 4 to 0.25
the aftercare was kinda intense, but no problems since

I got PRK almost two years ago. I got that instead of laser because I have thin corneas and a massive prescription in both eyes (-8.5 and -7). I don't have 20/20 vision but was warned before the surgery about this but it's not to make me wear glasses again. It took me a whole week after the surgery to be able to see the TV again and play Vidya from pretty close. After 15 days I was back at work and my vision for progressively better during the following year. It does hurt more than LASIK, don't believe whoever says otherwise. I don't get night halos or any of that shit. Your eyes might be a little sensitive to light for a few months. Only get it if you can't get LASIK.
Why tho? I asked the doctor if there was any advantage to PRK, Since I regularly box and do BJJ but he said there were none.

I got LASIK. Whole procedure was less than 10 minutes from sitting down on operating table to walking out the door.

The change of vision quality even just minutes before and after the procedure was staggering. The only issue I had was the slight night halos for the first year.

>best money I ever spent though

>itt lasik shills larping like theyve actually had the surgery
reminder to never take medical advice from Sup Forums.
super reminder to especially never take medical advice from 2018 Sup Forums
its worse than making a thread asking "what phone should I buy". pajeet will swear up and down he is 50 different people that bought a new iphone last week and have been loving it ever since.

Depends how much meat you got on the flap. If it's fat Lasik is just fine. If it's thin or border line ull end up getting prk.

Really depends on your assessment user.

ICL master race reporting in

I bet anons don't even know about it

Different game

>tfw not a fucking eyelet

funny you say that. i have 20/20 vision, yet the rx for my right eye is like +2.75 or some such high thing. all to relax that muscle.

if you are a fighter pilot your lasik flap can open because of the Gs

see if they have the SMILE procedure

us.discovericl.com

had prk done 11 years ago. still going strong. not for everyone of course, but its awesome to be able to see the world clearly.

>DRY EYES
DRY EYES
>DRY EYES
DRY EYES
>DRY EYES
DRY EYES
>DRY EYES
DRY EYES

The correct answer to minimize this is transPRK not lasik or prk

Enjoy your foreign object inside your fucking eye when that shit gets old and stop working in 20 years.

>Flaps can open
Jesus Christ how horrifying

i did lasik and this is completely true
it has been like 2 years and only now my eyes are getting less dryer

>tfw good genes and good vision out of the box

E U G E N I C S

> Blue Eyes
> Blonde Hair
> Get cancer at 40

Cya Kiddo *dies*

I'm going to try to be more retarded than you, let's see.

>Brown eyes
>Black hair
>Get cancer at 10

Nothin personnel *dies*

I wasn't eligible for lasik because of thin cornea like .

Day 1 was absolute shit. Felt like I had sand in my eyes until I popped the pain pills I was given and fell asleep. The whole room had to be dark too. That little LED on the power bar? Yeah, way too fucking bright.

Vision was definitely worse that first week than when I got it, but it was better as days went on. I drive for UPS and I didn't feel safe driving or reading packages until after 2 full weeks. I get glare at night and LEDs are the worst offender (pic related, almost exactly). I have astigmatism so my vision still varies from 20/20 to 20/40 depending on the day and how long I've been awake. I'd still recommend it but would make sure to tell people to not open their eyes at all that first day after getting it. I feel like this is what fucked me up the most was trying to see what my vision was on day 1. Would go through the process again if necessary though

Prk because Lasik uses a scalpel that causes scar tissue. You will be sucked into surgery every 5-10 years for the rest of your life
The Navy only accepts pilots who have PRK.
Fuck off Lasik shill

Adding info after reading this thread.

Only needed to do the eye drops for the first month or so until the prescription drops were gone. I didn't use drops more than once a week after that and stopped completely after 6 weeks.

youtube.com/watch?v=x1_q3plkvQg

Wait, so glares and halos persist even once your eyesight gets better? I get that shit with glasses, I'd hate to have glares without them

>for a year
why do you say this like it's just a day or so? that's a pretty damn long time to be seeing halos.

Uhm experimental stage ICL gives you 20/10-8. And no you don't have 20/10. Muh eye exam chart doesn't count either

I'll be 2 years in May since I had PRK done and they are still here, yes. It's far from blinding but those lines are definitely there, yes. The light aura emitted from the headlights there is a bit inflated from my own vision. I can't find an accurate representation on Google. Every image is exaggerated as fuck compared to my own eye sight

2018 and still no way to fix bad eyesight without side effects. So much for being "Technologically Advanced" kek.

ICL been posted several times already

How the fuck does your eyeball not have air bubbles or scar after getting poked and prodded so many times?

I get this shit even with glasses. Probably cause I don't clean them enough.

Am considering getting something done as I'm 23 and have -3.5 and -4.75 L/R respectively.

>muh transhumanism
Don't care, this is how nature intended it to be at it's best.

>implantable contact lenses
> ICL is positioned inside the eye between the iris
yh i think i'll pass on that.

Just use glasses lol

I've seen gore videos, but I can't stand this fucking shit. I've gotten literal physical nausea and dizziness just from watching.

I get that shit as part of my eyesight, went to an ophthalmologist twice, got told "use eye drops". Thanks, big help.

I had prk done like 6 years ago and still have glares and halos

It's annoying as fuck, almost can't drive at night.

I went from really shit vision to almost 20/20 though. Worth it overall so far. Used to be I couldn't even read a paperback book more than 5 inches from my face.

Lovely Irish lass.

>tfw my eyes are too shit to get LASIKs
What are my other options? My optometrist said I have to wait a few more years for my prescription to even out.

also procedure was like 15 minutes or less per eye

took a year to heal, had a touch-up done on one eye (free) so another year to heal, cost ~$3000 total

Did not fuck around with the eyedrops and drugs, took them religiously and exactly by the prescription. What I didn't do was wear the UV glasses every time I went outside. I forgot more than a few times and couldn't wear them while working (construction)

Had dry-eyes problems up until this year, it's mostly gone away somehow. Used to wake up and my eyes would be painfully dry.

Would recommend the greasy paste-like stuff for fixing that. Works better than eyedrops which are gone in like 20 minutes. The greasy stuff makes everything blurry as fuck though, so no good while you're awake. It might also require a prescription, I can't remember. Might just be that mine had steroids or something in them.

Dr. Whiting?

Also I still have all my topical anesthetic eye drops. Don't know what the fuck I can do with them, since I mostly didn't use them while my eyes were itchy as fuck while healing.

They burn all to hell for ten seconds before your eyeball numbs. I've just kept them in my first aid kit for the past 6 years cause why throw out drugs? Figure it's at least useful for kids scrapes or something. I don't think I'd put them in my eyes now though.

I have no clue. Got mine done at the coal harbor lasik eye center in vancouver, I can't remember the doctor. The staff was great though. Way more machines and tests than I expected.

Haven't had my eyes checked in a long time, but I remember my left eye (retouched one) had healed to 20/18 while the other was 20/21 or something like that. It's a noticeable difference if I stare at something with one eye closed, but my brain pieces it together so I don't notice with both open. Like the image sort of averages out or something.

First thing that made me go "holy shit" was being able to count treetops on the mountains/hills in the distance. Before the surgery that was all just a blurred mess even with glasses.

According to this video comparison youtube.com/watch?v=dKANhIU7Sxk

LASIK is the retard's choice. And PRK is the real deal.

>vancouver
Mkay. Mine was also ~3k and has free lifetime touch-ups so I assumed it was the same place

Glasses have been around for a few hundred years m8

>some white guy invents glasses centuries ago with literal medieval technology
>no other race can beat it with current technology
Master Race.

Nigga just wipe the shit out of your eyes wtf? Fucking gullible retards.

I'll stick with my glasses w/transitions and anti glare effect. Just the idea of some lazier beam going into my eye socket makes me sick. I mean shit, just one little mistake and your fucking blind for good.

I don't know. From what I gather, most people can do PRK maybe one or twice. So it is not as good as that video try make.

i got lasik in 2002, and i'm from a third world shithole. not even joking, i got half price (around 800 dollars) because i was in the first batch of people they tested their new machine with. till now i'm fine, thought i went from -6.5 to -.25 in my left eye, and -6 to 0 on the right

i havent done a checkup in like 8 years, tho

Why would you need to do it more than once?

Because eyesight can be changed as you age which you might need a correction later on.

Of course it is a rare case, but that means the PRK doesn't as scar-less as it try to advertise.

I just wear contacts.

>every procedure has a bunch of complications that can go wrong with it
>being this much of a crybaby bitch you'd be willing to fuck up your eyes permanently because you don't want to wear glasses or contacts

youtube.com/watch?v=V9u8yO82NSw&t=86s

Isn't it worse to peel tissue and then apply the same tissue again like in LASIK? How does that not contaminate the tissue or kill it? Doesn't that make scar tissue which would make vision less clear?

Well, to be honest, contacts seems like the less retarded option of them all because you don't fuck with your tissue and don't need to carry glasses.

But what about a shtf situation? You wouldn't want to depend on glasses that can break or contacts that can fall of or whatever. Something more permanent would be preferred then.

do you remember when that chick put on chink contacts for a Halloween costume and ended up blind? yeah, nah i wouldn't use contacts ever. i know it's a completely different quality and stuff, but still.

I am not saying that LASIK is better on tissue. I am just saying that PRK isn't as that good on tissue as that video make it out to be.

>Doesn't that make scar tissue which would make vision less clear?

I don't know? I am thinking about getting one so I am still researching on it.

>But what about a shtf situation?

i can't think of one that wouldn't be remedied by keeping spare glasses in your car/with you or by getting assistance from nearby pedestrians

>shtf
>getting assistance from nearby pedestrians

such a stupid movie

See:

I get halos in the 2nd picture even without wearing glasses

I got PRK because even though it is more painful and more expensive, the end results are better in the long term.

I do have more sensitive eyes now, but to be fair, I have always had obnoxiously sensitive eyes.

So I had PRK and I feel like I get halos and some glare.

That said, I honestly feel like I got them with my glasses anyway, and my life is so much easier after the surgery.

I'd just had lasik 2 weeks ago. I'd say it was worth it. I still get the glare/starbursts though, and I don't think they are improving so far. As for dry eyes its really in the morning when I wake up. Other than that so far it's been pretty gud.

Got lasik. Would've of had it for free while in the marines but was pepper sprayed for training and it fucked the whole timeline up for it.

Cost 3'500. They get you in with the "starting at 500 per eye" bull shit but everyone I spoke to cost about the same regardless of initial prescription. They used it with a credit company and was no interest if paid off in a year.

Best shit is seeing clearly in the shower or waking up and immediately being able to see with out having find shit. Operation was like 20 minutes barely. Hurt like a bitch the first day. I was 20/20 the next day. Used Lasik Plus, they were great despite the kikery.

Lasik costs $300 for both eyes here in India
From a well known hospital
Many Saudis and Slavs come here

You're black, aren't you?

>letting pajeets play doctor with your eyes
This can't be considered, not even ironically.

Hmm say what you want, but the hospital had the top doctors.
You are trying to justify your high prices

I couldn't morally allow non-whites to perform surgery on my eyes, sorry. I'm racist.

I used to have 20/15 tested vision until the day I handed down a PS1 and a copy of both Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 and Spyro

Hopefully my vision stabilizes and I can choose PRK

There is a higher chance of contacts fucking you up than Lasik fucking you up.

Not him but if you know what you're doing, contact lenses is generally safe.

The thing you must be meticiously about contacts. You must watch and store them properly. Daily/Weekly/Monthly aren't a fucking guideline that can be extended. Too many times, I have seen people fuck their eyes up temporarily because they wore monthly for an extra 2 weeks, or to sleep, or didn't wash them properly the day before etc.

how's SMILE? heard good things about it

it still cuts deeper than transprk/no touch prk or that other lasik alternative that cuts much higher than regular lasik. deeper cut = more nerve damage = dryer eyes. if you can find a type of smile that takes the lenticle very high up instead of in the middle of the tissue layer you might get around the dry eye issue.

dafuq?
they let in people who aren't naturally 20/20 now?

>mutilating your eyes because they're weak

lmao faggotsThat's equivalent to using a knife to carve muscles

Been that way for years grandpa

fucking hell sauce i'm so confused plox moar

o no

Because everyone must become a Navy pilot at some point, of course.
>Fuck off Lasik shill

You are trying too hard. It's not even original or funny.

Plus lens therapy.

I got lasik two years ago. only side effect is that my vision gets blurry when I'm really tired at night

overall 11/10 though

>not doing eye exercises to improve your vision