Should I try Solus?

Not if you have any respect for yourself.

I use Windows 7

Yes
So you could see what a piece of shit distro it is and not ask such questions

Not yet, it's still far from complete. Wait until after the transition to Qt.

Sure, Kevin

i run it. works pretty good for everyday desktop use. the Sup Forums hate is a bonus, keeps the ricers and distro warriors away from its support channels and shitting them up

Stupid question you could get a better answer for by running it yourself in a VM.

Asking "which distro" questions means your answer should be

>use Windows you lazy cunt..

been using it for around a month without incident, I don't see what everyone's complaining about

FUCKING WOMEN GET OUT OF MY /g REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESEEEEEEEEE

Stop posting the cheap chinese imitation Maki.

Yes.

It works with my hp laptop unlike other distros ( ubuntu and arch)

use ubuntu with budgie

it shows promise but desu ur a nigger if you distro hop.

get debian/fed/obango/autistic alternative and get something done

/thread

What init system

don't listen to paid arch shills, it's cozy af

Yes.

That's a very flawed statement. It's not a shitty distro like mint and it doesn't have a meme name like Fedora. There is no legitimate reason not to try it either in a VM or live disk.

>all the kevins in this thread

Who the fuck is Kevin?

you, kevin

>Not compatible with .deb

Linux is for nerds. Only try it if you are also a nerd or you'll end up ruining your computer and being really sad about it.

I recently installed it on my laptop and have been really enjoying it. Most things will be in the repos and I think they're supposed to be pretty fast with packaging requested stuff. In terms of "new," non-derivative distros, it's the best. Ikey does some pretty impressive shit and I'm interested in seeing the future of the move to Qt and also Linux Steam Integration.

Now, that said, if you really, really want the utmost package and program capability, go to a .deb distro. If you don't have a particular want, I think Solus is my new favorite distro (previously Debian), so I definitely highly recommend it. Very impressive polish overall.