Are these still a meme?

Are these still a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/3190137/computers/prices-of-ssds-and-dram-will-crash-in-2019-gartner-predicts.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how are they a fucking meme........

I get 540MB/s read and write from them you dip shit

If its popular and hard to make look bad then the only resort is to call it a meme

Not at all. I'm not ever going back to a hard drive. SSDs are vastly superior for day-to-day stuff (not for data storage, of course)

How about you check the archive? We have this thread daily.

>SATA SSD
>meme?

You are about 3 years out of date OP, We are all about M.2 NVME now

Samsung 960 Pro reaches 3200MB/s

Only usefull sata disks are old fashioned HDD's with lots of storage like 10TB plus.

You missed the SSD boat for the last 9 years

Why can't you store data on a ssd?

>too costly for vast amounts of data
>loses data after 2 to 3 years when not powered on

>'a meme'

The fuck does that even mean? Neck yourself you retarded child, what question remains about SSDs in the current year, am I in 2009 or something?

>ssd loses data
nice source faggot

960pro bros

>>too costly
get a fucking job

Are they still over priced and with less capacity than a standard HDD?

Then yeah they're a fucking meme.

Being a filthy poorfag is a meme

Does a 3.1 ssd work on a 2.0 port?

If you're talking long term/mass storage it's simply not the most efficient way to be going about it. It's not that you can't it just offers no advantages and many disadvantages over traditional HDDs.

SSDs are made for reading and writing. Why would you buy one just to have it sit around?

The step from a regular HDD to an SSD is the single largest difference I have ever noticed in the overal speed in my computer and I've regularly upgraded about every part in my computer. Not only that, they are silent aswell compared to regular HDD's.

Being as cheap as they are nowadays there really is no excuse not to get one, at least big enough to put your OS an essential programs on it. If you have enough money, get a bigger one and dump your games on it aswell for MUCH faster load times.

Damn right i remember those first generation 32 gb ssd and custom built adaptor stacked of cf cards for ssd.

No, not at all, especially on a device that supports SATA3. My god they are so fast. I first switched from an HDD to an SSD on a laptop that only supported SATA2 and noticed the difference immediately. On my laptop I'm using now with SATA3 my boot time is like 5 seconds (Windows says 4.2 seconds).

I highly recommend getting an SSD. Naysayers are poorfags.

tfw just bought a 1TB 850 EVO for muh gayms

yeah i believe so
just wont be getting max speeds,
will still be quikcer than HDD

>That pic
wtf man science has gone too far.

>buying a 1TB SSD for muh games.
Doing that next year F.a.m

This. Shit's fast.

only good for small files.
tried to transfer a 100gb worth of shit the largest file was about 30gb or so and it dropped form 500mbps to 4mbps.
it would have been faster to use mechanical drives.

You got it set wrong.

you just keep paying premium fees for a botnet drive goy

SSDs have literally never been a meme

ok, how do I set my ssd

>loses data after 2 to 3 years when not powered on

“SSDs are a meme” is a meme

Don't be a retard

pcworld.com/article/3190137/computers/prices-of-ssds-and-dram-will-crash-in-2019-gartner-predicts.html

Long as they keep the SATA spec fully backwards compatible I'll be happy for a long time. So for example, you could plug a nice new SSD or 10TB HDD drive in a 2004 era Sata 1.5 mobo and it all works fine. I'm happy with my current mobo, supports SATA II and 3 so I'm glad that no mater how large the capacity grows, least my board will support it.

Not him but does it not? I was successfully indoctrinated by this board into thinking the lies were true all this time.

Not the way you have

I got my first SSD when they were the new hot shit. A 32gb ADATA. I’ve installed Linux to it numerous times over the past 6 years and it still works perfectly

If you aren't gonna power it on at least once a year to check up on it then you deserve to lose the data in it. You can't neglect your storage mediums and expect them to like it.

call it what ever you want I picked up a used 250gb 830 for 40 bucks last year and its still going stronk

NVMEME
Who needs those speeds anyway?

Do you have mental defects? He meant the ssd losing data when used as cold storage due to electrons escaping from NAND gates.

Only retards who fell for the meme convince themselves that SSDs are worth it. Booting Windows 7 takes 10 seconds on my HDD based system, including logging in.

what kind of hdd do you have?

NAH

WD Black drive 2TB

Built this before the 900p's were launched.
These are 2 Intel 600p's

your face is a meme

oh ok so youre just another idiot

Those never been a meme. Just because you can't afford something doesn't mean that it is a meme.

Not the previous guy but there's a million guides. Depends on what os.

linux. its a samsung with the grey square, less than a year old.

I'm still using 2x WD Black's 1TB in raid 0.

lmao the amount of salt this girl has caused is hilarious

glad she ain't my daughter