Christmas Presents

ITT: you post your technology related christmas presents.

I don't know what time it is in your country, but in Germany it is christmas evening right now.

I got an Odroid XU4 from my parents and will probably use it as a retro game console or webserver.

Other urls found in this thread:

f-droid.org/
nintendo.com.au/snes-classic/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>emulating on Android
Stop.

i got a pocketbook basic lux and i really like it so far

Are guns technology?

No technology, cloths are nice tho

>android
go back whence you came retard

>not waiting till morning to unwrap your gifts
savages desu

>>emulating on Android
why do you think I am using android?

if those watch thread faggots can be allowed to have their shitty general then yes guns are technology

>all the world is one timezone

Lucky that I'm not getting any technology this year from family / relatives.

Don't have to pretend that it's not completely useless shit.

gz on the ODROID.

A new watch and a head torch, I guess they count as technology

Not really complex technology I think, but yes, it is.
I guess it's tradition here to unwrap them on the evening.

Lakka.tv officially supports ODROID-XU4.

Give it a try, it's an awesome project.

>timezone
the op explicitly said it was evening over there, are you retarded by any chance?

oh I see, interesting

Yeah, that's just what I thought I would try. Performance should be good enough with 8 cores.

Not here yet, but I'm getting an x200 + SSD and Ultrabase dock.

do you have a pic of your watch?
wow, is this your new prosthesis?

Where I live it's a tradition to unwrap gifts in the evening of 24th

that's dope

>consoles before 1999
>demanding at all for even phone hardware

This is my second seiko, I plan on wearing this new one for sports/outdoors and when doing physical work.

Is that day indicator smart or does it always go 31days/month ?

When will they get restocked?

my present to myself was putting my phone in the airplane mode so my family doesn't bother me

after turning it off, no messages or voice mail

I'm not actually sure but I assume it always goes to 31 since that's what my other seiko 5 does.

looks pretty good, would probably use a different strap though.

If they don't call you then you should call them

Their website (hardkernel.com) says "Once we can secure raw materials, we will update when we can ship this item again."

Yeah, I seriously don't know why they still make this.

It's super annoying to adjust a up to 3 days.

It doesn't bother me personally but I can understand that some people find it annoying

maybe just to keep it simple (I mean the technology in the watch)

Kys mutt

Probably because Odroid logo is a rip-off of the old Android logo.

Oh, I also just realized that Odroid sounds almost the same as Android ':D

It's not about current phones having problems emulating retro consoles, it's about android inherently having problems with emulators due the JVM, causing input lag and high audio latency.

fuck java, I can't even play Minecraft without lags

Girlfriend bought me a fitbit and the super nintendo.

Honestly wouldn't buy a fit it myself but i like it, cant wait to check out the nintendo though.

Currenty on the train so don't want to take them out

Got an Amazon Fire HD8, actually nice to run, any suggestions for what to put on it? I am going to add Google Play for more app choices, I plan to use it for Browsing, Videos, Reading/Kindle Books and Netflix/Amazon Video.

super nintendo is super cool man, what games do you play on it?

>super nintendo.
>2018
She's about 2 decades late.

download F-Droid and install the Clover app on it^^ f-droid.org/

That's a Minecraft is shit software issue. Some people also fuck up interactive books in C++.

Java is really pretty fast. Extensively used to do performance critical parts of huge software stacks like cassandra at netflix or it essentially running Twitter. On your desktop, try something like Gephi with a big data set one of these days. Its really quite decent.

It's the new one, HDMI slot, 21 games pre installed etc.. zelda, mario, donkey kong and a bunch of others.

I think it's fucking awesome, she knew i loved the nintendo 64 / super

Also this the one for anyone interested

nintendo.com.au/snes-classic/

I asked for new pillows, are they technology?

the best nintendo ds emulator of all platforms is Drastic on android

10:00 AM for you is Christmas evening?

>I got an Odroid XU4
Is the fan noise as bad as I've been led to believe? Otherwise they seem pretty fucking nice.

There is a variant with stock passive cooler anyhow if you are interested in no noise.

Is anyone else upset by how tiny the fins are on that fan?

Here, the one on the right side is probably what you want. Its a stock option, you can buy them like that.

Seems normal to me.

You are right, but just because it sucks less doesn't mean it doesn't sucks.

I got the home cloud 1 and it's good stuff.

There is a Home Cloud 2 in testing already, and that one supports 3.5'' drives.

Neat.

Neat! I did not know the passively-cooled version was a thing.

yes they are. i think the issue arises from the fact Sup Forums does have a dedicated board just for guns, gun accessories, and other forms of arms. though i do think it might be fine to post a thread here if its about something highly technical about guns. like not so much about a new mechanical firing mechanism but more like it being about some new computer driven gun or electrical work. like maybe the navy's railgun tech or something like that.

Like those systems that are supposed to prevent anyone but the gun owner from firing the gun by having them wear an RFID wrist band or something.

So long as the discussion is about the technology and not about the firearm.

I got a racing chair early, don't know what else I'm getting tomorrow. I'm getting myself a netbook

got a quadro fx 4600

I got a Switch. I'm really surprised by the build quality and how nice the OS is. If it had apps, even just YouTube, it'd be a better tablet than 99% of Android devices.

why would you do this

why?

making a 2007 era workstation
q6600, 8gb of ddr2, 4 160gb 10k drives, basically just building off a precision t3400

i was gonna do two quadros but as it turns out, the t3400 only has a 375w power supply and supports only one card, you need the 575w option to do two cards
which i might do anyway if nothing is too proprietary, if its just an atx power supply or one i can easily mod in there, id totally stick dual quadros in it

What do? Any cool tricks?

again, why?

It's kind of annoying if you use it like a pc, bit okay if it's a media center and your movies or whatever are drowning it out.

why not

Why not?

I got 100 dollaroos, will spend them in something tech-related

[spoiler]meth[/spoiler]

Haven't opened yet, but nervous. I told my mom she didn't have to get me anything, but she went to Best buy and got me two things that are $150. (Sourced by somebody who was with her) I don't know how to feel about this, and if it is something unless, I'm not a very good bullshitter. It's also something me and my dad can both use, but my dad likes to hunt and does construction..

Relist it on ebay.

>2007 era
>"""""""workstation"""""""

At least get a second gen i3 or some shit, they're only $80.

>i3
>2007

t. nigger

>2018
>c2d

I'm posting with one right now. Also, his build is a C2Q.

Thinking about getting myself a 3d printer for christmas, but I haven't done any research into what makes a good babby's first printer yet

>literally 2 c2ds glued together under a heat spreader
The absolute worst product Intel pushed out since Prescott.

epik meme

Sad thing is, the tech for monolithic quads was possible, intel was just being a bunch of cheap fucks. They later went on to make the Dunnington core, which was essentially 3 pairs of Core 2 cores (with reduced L2 cache) and a fat slab of on-die L3 cache on one die.

If AMD was on point at the time, we could have had Core 2 Hex processors.

$800 cash since all my friends and family know I'm absolutely impossible to shop for.

>never go out
>restaurant cards useless
>movie tickets useless
>clothes useless since i have 10 sets of the same clothes and wear nothing else
>only hobby/entertainment is programming, animu, and games

Put it towards a nice 5TB portable HDD.

>getting christmas presents that aren't socks and jumpers

Kek are you fucking 12?

Holy fuck that's pathetic

>If AMD was on point at the time
Maybe if AMD hadn't been fucked by intel's anti-competitive practices. If you're competing against someone who is literally bribing retailers and OEMs not to buy your processors you're not going to do very well.

Some of us still have family and friends who love us.

>he leaves his house
What a loser.

There's a whole goddamned world out there, experience it.

The internet links you to pretty much the entire collective consciousness of mankind and a sum total of all works and knowledge.
Going outside and looking at flowers is something someone could do in any age. If you're only going to be alive for a small slice of mankind you might as well enjoy the most advanced products of civilised labours. Else you're spitting on your luck to be born in a time period like this.

>oh wow, another city with buildings and people
>oh boy another national park with trees and trails
The "real" world is boring as fuck. Not to mention traveling is fucking shit. I've been to 4 countries at this point and regret all of the time I wasted. I'm never leaving my state for the rest of my life. Novels, movies, games, etc are a trillion times more entertaining than driving through yet another fucking city and passing by the same McDonald's and fast food places.

24 rifle gun safe
its got an electronic keypad

I truly feel sorry for you fucks.

I truly feel sorry for you that you find vapid aimless wandering around the world "entertaining".

Every post you make just makes me wish a little harder that you'll an hero. You're not worth the space you take up.

>tries to be smug about being a hikki
>can't even place a period properly

My mom bought me and my brother iem headphones... cant remember the brand it was no name, not the worst but the problem is i bought my-self kz zs5 earlier in the year and bgvp sdg dn1 just recently /// i have turned into the biggest headphone snob... i literally cringed at the no name sound, i pulled out and the headphone pulled driver just pulled apart...

thank god ! mum ! its broken ! take it back.... disaster averted !

honestly fuck chinks for flooding the world with terrible headphones

>ODROID XU4

Is that the one from hardkernel op?

if you got linux running on it could you

cat /proc/cpuinfo > info.txt

and upload it to pastebin somewhere?

Genuinely been curious about the XU4 since I discovered this site and I might get it.

Hell might even mine monero on it during its downtime if it gets more than 70 H/s

I got a Roku Premiere Plus.

Have no idea what to do with it