Flash finally died

>flash finally died
>javascript is even worse

how, though?

flash?
it's that thing used mostly by annoying ads, disable it by default
javascript?
It's that thing used mostly by background coin miners, disable it by default.

whomst'd are you quoting?

>Flash
>Ever dying

Sure thing, pal

It nagged me for an update like a week ago on my WinShit install

Not just JS but websites in general.

> 2005
> annoying flash ads
> disable flash
> 99% of websites are now fine

> 2017
> annoying, insidious JS ads that follow you around otherwise separate sites and scoop up as much as they can about you
> disable JS
> 90% of websites are severely hampered; some unusable

I feel like the push to remove containerised plugins and have all the scripting happen natively was a mistake.
Did we get meme'd by the web 3.0 shills?

>shockwave died
>can't play those fun games online anymore

active content was a mistake

WebAssembly will kill javascript in a decade or so.

i actually can't wait for this

The death of plugins was well deserved, but I would say its replacement was handled poorly

this. youtube is actually heavier with the html5 player than with flash. one of them works on really old computers and one does not.

and some pajeet will find a way to make it even worse than javascript ever was.

Flash also doesn't support nearly as much bandwidth

HTML5 is also trash.

Honestly, fuck any website with media on their site.

It's usually the fault of the (((web developers))) which can't do a good code line for shit anyway. As long as there's the human error, no amount of good languages will change that.

it was so easy to remove them when they needed flash. now you have to completely disable javascript or make custom blocking rules for all sites that have videos. html5 was a mistake.

That's not what he meant, you incredibly stupid, self-centered shithead. Barely any website that matters is using flash anymore.

at least flash had really comfy games
muh nostalgia

this but unironically

this meme needs to die

>he fell for the flash was bad meme

I fell for this too, but in the last few years I found out their intended replacements are far worse.

I was all for killing flash, I thought HTML5 was an excellent and needed upgrade. After having seen what people did with both HTML5 and JavaScript once Flash was killed, I'm not sure anymore. It feels like Flash was an effective way of containing the kind of retards that now ruin websites with their JavaScript.

JavaScript could be used to augment websites with simple stuff like a quick reply, instead we get websites with actual content that you're expected to read on the very bottom of the page, but get pushed down since there is JavaScript on the page that also load in more content as you reach the bottom, instead of having a simple page forward link.

I might regret that as well, but these days I feel simple HTML+CSS only websites is the way forward, with smaller decentralized communities and information sources than massive giants like wikipedia, google, facebook. JavaScript being 100% client side, that's loaded in by the user as the user feels the need instead of being offered by the website. No cookies as well. No cookie needed to make the site remember that you've clicked away the EU cookie warning.