LineageOS - 1st birthday

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera
download.lineageos.org/extras
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/
forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
forum.xda-developers.com/grand-prime/development/cyanogenmod-14-0-galaxy-grand-prime-t3462500
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who gives a shit about chink botnet designed for poo-in-loos

Since I'm here: what's the best root solution? Their in-house one, or magisk?

>that top 5 countries list
Here I was disappointed my device wasn't on the approved devices list.

Mine is but I don't want my camera and battery life to go to shit

>Their in-house one
They don't provide one since 14.1.
Battery life improved for me, but that's because I don't use gapps.

>Top 5 countries
>1. India
you know where to put this

Ok

>camera and battery life to go to shit
That's a misconception used by memers or by people too stupid to install a rom:
- battery should be better for the same usage pattern
- use Google Camera, which has better post processing than any other manufacturer app.

Google camera also sends all your photos to google.

Is this the best android rom? Because my phone is still on android 5.0

>They don't provide one since 14.1.
what do you mean?
i saw a zip on their site that does root. not sure why they moved it off the base image, but still works

Surprised that my galaxy s5 is in the top 5 devices, but at least the nougat nightlies are dogshit especially regarding battery life... i wait if they pull out something better on oreo.

>my phone is still on android 5.0
best solution for that problem

I don't think Google Camera works on Sony phones. But truthfully there is an unofficial build with stock camera blobs for the Z5 Compact so maybe I will try that
Afwall+ to block traffic from the app

>don't think Google Camera works on Sony
It won't appear on the Play Store or it might fail to install as an apk, but it will work if you flash it in recovery as part of the Gapps or as an individual package.

;__; rip cyanogen

Google camera doesn't exist on playstore

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera

desu thanks to lineage i can still use my oneplus one

>the largest countries in terms of population and number of mobile phone subscribers have the most users
big surprise

I'm a Cyanogenmod/LineageOS fan, but for OnePlus phones you better go with Paranoid Android. Their team worked with OnePlus for the official ROM and they know all the insides.

>go from cm 13 to los 14.1 in my xperia
>battery goes down the shitter even though I don't use gapps
My battery drops by 40% in one night. Literally unusable by now. Even replacing the battery didn't help at all. In terms of battery life marshmallow was better than nougat.

> They don't provide one since 14.1.
Wait, is the latest version not 14.1? At least the nightly builds for my device (S7 edge) are marked "14.1"

>go to my phone's XDA
>LineageOS Unofficial thread

>unable to find apks of app
what are you doing on /g brainlet?

>They don't provide one since 14.1.
They provide one since 13.0 and they still do:
download.lineageos.org/extras

Magisk can hide root from other apps (Netflix, Pokemon Go, bank apps). If you don't need that, stick with their SU addon because it's simpler.

Yeah, 14.1 is latest. You may find 15.0 unofficial betas and discussion about a soon(tm) release.

Magisk doesn't hide root from a lot of baking apps. Most of them can detect Magisk and they refuse to work. Google Pay still work though.

15.0 won't be a thing. 15.1 is what they are working on. Only retarded devs work on 15.0.

>Android is so shitty, random Indians have to maintain the releases

can't make this shit up

>Manufacters
Pajeet english detected.

Got em.

>go to phone's XDA
>no lineageOS thread at all
>literarly ONE recent ROM, and it's been stagnating on Nougat for a whole now.

s-sorry boss

is this still the best distro for Nexus 5x? I care about it being lightweight.

>doesn't hide root from a lot of baking apps
What app? Never heard about this. If the device appears as "certified" any bank app will work. Anyway, you should report your problem to the developers because they're very active and come with updates regularly.

>Nexus 5x
Isn't that device still supported by Google? Stick with that until it isn't anymore.

lineage 15 for my device is some Indian malfunctioning shit
Sticking with los based nougat for now until the group updates to Los 15 base

Have that in mind when you're gonna buy your next phone. Make sure it's on this list of officially supported devices:
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/

Barclays... I know what I'm talking about. A friend of mine had the issue. They have custom detection. Your device can be certified. If you don't have stock you are fucked.

So you're saying that they somehow now that you've replaced the stock ROM even if the device passes the SafetyNet check and it appears as "certified" for the Google store? Don't know, possible, can't argue with that since I don't have Barclays. Consider reporting your problem here:
forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

You are spot on. Barclays is monitoring those topics on xda and around the internet. Once someone found a workaround they will break it again. There is no point to bother topjohnwu. I have a phone that only has that app and nothing more.

How do I install it on my Grand Prime?
I'm a brazillian monkey who can't upgrade right now.

You don't.

You go on xda and you get the pajeet version. It's unofficial but that's what you got.

forum.xda-developers.com/grand-prime/development/cyanogenmod-14-0-galaxy-grand-prime-t3462500

barclays are fucking aids i have tried various different methods for years to bypass their bullshit nothing ever works or gets patched quickly. I dont understand their problem with root the only reason they would be blocking it is that they have poor security in their apps and think its will susceptible to being exploited

just to add if your device supports multiboot having a seperate boot to a stock roms is the only way i have found around it buts it's a bit of a nuisance when you can just log into the site with a pin sentry

Hey! At least you are not alone who thinks that. They are cancer and for any fag that says Magisk bypasses is should do some more research.

Yo, people smarter than me
I'm running FireOS (Kindle) but heavily considering swapping to a custom ROM. I'm still getting security updates through Amazon but hate that I can't delete their preinstalled trash. Should I swap? {moderately advanced user here}

>stick with their SU addon because it's simpler.
But if I'm comfortable with magisk (been using and abusing it for a while on my current pajeet rom), there's nothing special about their in-house solution, right? Or does it, like, integrate more seamlessly or some shit like that

yeah, you're fine

>any fag that says Magisk bypasses is should do some more research
any fag that says Magisk doesn't hide root from """A LOT of baking apps""" should provide more than just ONE "a friend of mine had the issue" kinda story

Had trouble with CitiBank before and I stopped looking for solutions. He is right... There are multiple apps that don't work with magisk.

>He is right
I'm right

I wish there was a good ROM for the Moto G4, LOS is dicks

>people still use that junk sellout POS