Do CPU's have moving parts? Such as tiny switches or whatever?

Do CPU's have moving parts? Such as tiny switches or whatever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hzIHmKyYJ68
youtube.com/watch?v=k1hJoalcK68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

Absolutely fucking yee

>moving parts

Look at one do you see anything mechanical that moves?

Look at a hard drive, do you see anything mechanical that moves?

are electrons moving parts?

This is the state of Sup Forums

Yes

electricity sets either a state of 1 or 0 (whether that particular address is set to 1 or 0 is decided by ram).

so, no, but for brainlet understanding then yes

When you go small enough everything above absolute zero has moving parts.

doesn't look like it's moving to me, pal

You don't deserve to use the internet. You don't even deserve to live.

youtube.com/watch?v=hzIHmKyYJ68

How about things at truly negative temperatures?
I assume it works in the reverse of normal temperatures and therefore moves

There are no truly negative temperatures, there''s absolute zero and everything above it.

too harsh man, take a walk, it’s christmas eve

If something is possible, the opposite also should be. And therefore energy should be able to flow from lower states to higher states, making it effectively a negative scale.

I mean... electrons move. And transistors are basically just "tiny switches."

I know Nazi CPU's were switch based.

It's called absolute zero because it's the lowest possible temperature. When something's at 0ºK, it has no thermal energy. To achieve a lower temp, you'd have to remove even more thermal energy, which you can't because there's no more to remove.

The "opposite" of something moving this is something moving in the opposite vector. Both things are temperature.

You can have negative temperature gradients, but you can't have negative temperature and more than you can have negative distance.

By my course in Intro to Thermodynamics, you're a dumbass

True patrician thinking is realizing that energy transfer is relative, and that 0K is defined with respect to the vacuum energy. So anything "less" than 0K would have Work done in it by the vacuum

youtube.com/watch?v=k1hJoalcK68

Hello pajeet

By Uncertainty principle this is untrue. Positional variance is small but still present even at absolute zero, this is simply zero point energy. Decoherence is still possible at 0K.

Energy flux does not indicate absolute temperature; absolute temperature is measurable by both entropy and enthalpy; the vacuum energy is simply not 0K, we know this from cosmic background radiation. There are things with theoretically "negative" temperature by determining a local minima of DOF which would theoretically lead to lower entropy as we decrease the temperature within constant volume which is coined "negative temperature" however, and this is very interesting in understanding certain condensed matter physics ideas including fermion-fermion interactions.

>typisch Sup Forums

Prove to me that you can't have negative distance.

>
> What is Brownian motion

Fug

electrons are not things that can move, they fluctuate quantum states though

No a CPU is not mechanical. It only has moving electrons.

Holy shit you're a fucking moron and don't even realize it.

Of course there are negative temperatures. Temperatur is defined in terms of chnage of entropy in regards to energy. If you are in a system whose entropy dscreases when you increase energy you have negative temperatures.

no

wrong

can something go below 0K? no.
which means there are no negative temperatures

if i have two apples and i give one away doesnt means negative apples exist you dumb fuck

No, not by the definition of moving parts in the tech context.

transistors are literally tiny switches

Distance can be 2D or 3D but temperature is one dimensional

Solid state switches. Does not count as moving parts.

This. Temperature in general is an abstract concept, it's just that in kinetic gas theory it's intuitive because of the 1 to 1 link with the mean velocity of the gas particles.