How do I get a programming job in one year or less? Starting completely from the bottom

How do I get a programming job in one year or less? Starting completely from the bottom

You don't

Bullshit

bump

Let's see your github.

>Starting completely from the bottom
Can't read huh?

I thought you meant you had no previous experience, not that you didn't even know any languages. Shouldn't you be getting started with that before counting your programming money?

No

OP, you can't. You are competing against people who actually have things to show for it, and often years of experience.

Op is a woman. That or he's a man who is only as good as a woman, as he needs other men to tell him what to do.

Which is to say that CS, or a job itself in any field, is not for him.

I'm unemployed and highly motivated. I also have tons of time on my hands. I can do this

Are you saying anyone that goes to college for CS is also "as good as a woman", going by this retarded logic of yours

1/10 for making me reply

No you can't. You don't have the years of actual experience that the people you'll be competing against. But whatever, good luck

There is a really hard way to do it but definitely possible. Win programming competitions, go to Topcoder. Yellow or red guarantees you an interview

1) be a woman
2) pick any of the GIRLS WHO KODE frontend schools
3) get your completely useless diploma
4) bully any company into hiring you because of MUH DIVERSITIES
5) sit on your ass from 9 to 5 while real programmers work and collect paychecks until this girls in tech fad ends (maybe never)

Enjoy

Then go to school and get some certifications.
Nobody is going to hire a self taught programmer without any degrees or certs that doesn't already have a metric shitload of real experience.

There is a ridiculous amount of people you are competing with with what you could possibly learn within a year that unlike you have all their documents in order. You won't even get a call back or confirmation that they received your app from any place that's worth working for.

Assuming you're smart, capable, and motivated:

- Learn to code in Python. Not a practical language for the job market, but by far the easiest to learn with and develop solid footing for coding ability.
Use websites like CodeAcademy/W3School for the basics, and HackerRank/CodeWars/AdventOfCode to practice turning problem solving into code.

- Learn to code in HTML/Javascript/CSS. In other words, the flavor of the decade language that employers are interested in. Learn these by making up some interesting web-based projects of your own and building them from the ground up.

- At this point, you should have a solid skill portfolio based on your HackerRank profile, and your various web-based projects.

- Put together a resume. Sell the projects you've created throughout the year. Fill in the gaps with bullshit lies. Apply like crazy.

You can succeed, but judging by the fact that you made this thread, you probably won't.

I managed to do it in about a year, but luck was involved. I stumbled upon a pretty sizeable programming project that needed to be done and put in many hundreds of hours learning to do it well. Then I happened to know someone who worked for a big tech company that was hiring, got an interview, and got the job. If you're motivated and have an adequate basic aptitude, you can probably learn enough in a year to compete for entry to mid-level jobs. The hard part is getting through the recruiter wall. Without experience or a degree, you'll probably have to know somebody.

if you start from the bottom you won't
my advice is go through a bootcamp, but spend at least 2 years teaching yourself the fundamentals first. you might get a job but you'll still be a shit programmer

>Not a practical language for the job market
Completely false. If you ignore freelance webdev shit, Python is probably the second most in-demand language in industry after Java.

not happening. people with engineering degrees are fucked if they dont have friends giving them jobs

Most of these "people" graduating don't have years of experience either. All they have is a degree that says they passed the classes. I'm confident I can gather enough knowledge in a year to apply myself
How would I know I can actually compete in a programming competition?
What cert would I get? I've looked into them before and they seem like complete wastes of time
>Learn to code in Python
Why the fuck would I do that? And I am going to learn html/JS but after a few months and once I've got the basics down
Well I will probably have my associate's by the end of next year, if not then definitely next spring. But worse case I want to be far ahead of the game for university or if something happens and i can't finish

>>Learn to code in Python
>Why the fuck would I do that? And I am going to learn html/JS but after a few months and once I've got the basics down
Yep, you're fucked.

HTML/JS IS BASIC MY GUY.

>haha so fucking easy lol youz is stupid XD
There's literally no reason at all to split time learning TWO languages at the same fucking time, especially when you're gonna end up doing the same shit anyway just using a different syntax

bump

This

Don't waste your time with school if you want to get a coding job in 12 months. The only way you are going to do that is learning how to code on your own and then assemble a portfolio of side projects, open source contributions, and hacker-rank/ coding competitions.

Another activity which could accelerate you towards a job is to join your local linux/Python/Ruby/ user group if you live within a city. That will help you get your foot in the door since it will be much harder to do since you won't have a degree.

I know some self-taught programmers who are doing fairly well for themselves, but I don't think they went from zero-to-hero in a year so it will take a lot of hard work from you. Best of luck!

>no reason at all to split time learning TWO languages at the same fucking time
it's good to have adaptability
most people's job descriptions aren't single role all the time

If you can't handle learning 2 or more languages at a time when you will not make it in the programming world.

Explain to me how it is beneficial for someone to learn two languages at once when they are first learning programming? Especially when they're just going to end up doing the exact same shit twice. Unless you're one of those idiots who thinks memorizing syntax is "making it" in the "programming world"