Reminder of why this project is important

will it ever get to the levels of windows 7? Who knows but this will happen if it ever gets it:

>use all windows application for gratis!

>The project is mainly to help WINE. IF react ever becomes functional, wine could become a sort of a secondary OS that will run in our distros. And it would run apps more flawlessly than ever!

>microsoft will be forced to do something unique to their OS to stop the migration to react (if the devs will are smart enough to promote react). which is good competition

I think you're quite confused about pretty much every point you just made.

wtf i love reactos now!

if this isn't viral marketing i don't know what it is

Posting screenshots is now "viral marketing"?

guerrilla marketing from Squad?

It's "marketing", but it's Sup Forums related and ReactOS is GPL so who cares.

He нaдoeлo eщё? :^)

I don't speak Russian

you sound so stupid mate

I like it because it makes me remember the next

1. How bloated Windows is
2. Windows NT/openVMS design principles are solid
3. but not as good as UNIX's

Basically a better Windows than Windows.

>will it ever get to the levels of windows 7?
No. It will be at the levels of XP and 2000, unless if the team of ReactOS manages to bring DX11 compatibility to their personal OS.

Le nutshell

I think the idea is that a Windows-user is losing hope in Windows, but scared to use GNU/Linux, so they are now trying to help this project gain interest for their own personal gain, as a user that is unwilling to contribute programming or money to the project themself.

Are you really basing how modern the OS is based on what GAMES it can play? Jesus, dude.

Well, I didn't meant to say that. I'm just kind of disappointed that it only aiming to replicate XP and 2000 may means games that function with DirectX 10 and further won't work on ReactOS, personally.