Amazon Alexa

Sup Forums I need some help. I just got an echo from my parents and need to get rid of the spyware. Anyone know how to do that?

burn it

Refund/sell it

There is no botnet you schizoid, stop acting crazy and plug it in. You're ruining Christmas.

Disable the microphone.

>this thing that listens on you all the time can't possibly be rigged to send information back

unplug it.

I don't get it.... Why do people pay for Alexa or home when it could be free, the corporations make good money from planting their physical Spyware on your house.

The hardware is really that expensive? Or they're plain milking people?

return this device to shop
/thread

Have fun asking it politically loaded questions and listening to the answers, theres no way to remove the botnet user.

They could, but normies would start to question why it was free, eventually leading to showing it's real purpose. Easier just to charge and act like it's a ""service""

I'm OK with selling my data, installing a physical Spyware.... But only if they give me those services free of charge!

Being upfront would be such a good strategy desu, maybe if Bing / cortana offered a service like that for free I would gladly embrace the botnet... I need some free speakers.

Well maybe I wouldn't, I have no problem selling my data but with so many leaks that sounds really dangerous, maybe you could be exposed to a identity theft or your address leaked.

BTW I'm a Debian user, only used windows 10 for like a month, since always had an ad blocking mechanism and I'm really not sure how much of your privacy is compromised nowadays so I'm just giving my thoughts out there... U saw one Google home at best buy and it really got my attention, but I would need to open a Google account in order to fully use it, Amazon account I already have... Books mostly but it's such a cool novelty, but not worth its retail price.

Anyways thanks for reading my blog, please don't forget to up vote

+1

I kinda feel like you do but I've already embraced the botnet

>echo
Fucking normies and their toys.
>B-but i wanna ask things to google and, and people will see it and itll be cool.

Sup Forums is officially /b+/.

>Schizoids are paranoid
You're thinking of paranoid schizophrenia

>Schizoid personality disorder (SPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary or sheltered lifestyle, secretiveness, emotional coldness, detachment, and apathy.
ie: most Sup Forums users.
:^)

>using smiley with carat nose

I only got an echo dot and some stupid echo buttons fuck you, you spoiled brat at least yours can actually play music on it's own

You can't. Just burn it now

>still believing the tinfoil lies from Russian cucks like Assange and Snowden
kek, I thought you had to be 18+ to be on this website.

Just be honest with them and explain why you're uncomfortable using it.

Good luck with that. The entire thing is spyware. Remove the spyware and you have an empty box.

He could keep the speaker, and battery if it has one

>There is no botnet you schizoid, stop acting crazy and plug it in. You're ruining Christmas.

>why isn't hardware FREEEEEEEEE

-t. teenage communist

I attempted to run deep packet inspection on it's connection to the internet, so I could check my logs to see what it was doing. It won't connect because of certificate errors, and by default it's probably programed to not allow errors. I contacted Amazon and asked them for a way to install a trusted certificate on it so I could do deep packet inspection, and they told me they had escalated my recommendation.

Needless to say, they could potentially be spying on you and if they have nothing to hide, should allow users to install certificates.

Stop acting like a tard, if you own a smartphone or pc they already know everything about you.

That's fucking retarded. They don't magically find out everything about me simply becuase I purchased a computer

throw the alexa out your window.

g is officially Pol

as a certified schizoid I need to inform you that paranoia is not in our skill set.

We got one even when it's turned off it's sending data and you can watch it real time and go talk by it then it connects to more servers and you leave then it idled with 3 open tcp connection and didn't send shit till we started talking again

Punctuation is your friend.

>open box
>while holding the box over a trashcan, turn the box, from a top and bottom orientation, 180 degrees
>move box in an up and down motion forcefully.
>When the contents have fallen into the trashcan, close the box.
>place box on a shelf in the closet.
> if there are inquires as to the where abouts of Alexa, point to the box in the closet and provide a technical sounding reason as to why it is not setup.

Buy smart plugs so you can turn shit on and by voice command like the lazy person of the future that you are.

>why do people pay for TV?

I should jave mentioned that they also got me 6 smart plugs.

That's not what "schizoid" means.

Behead it, make a video declaring war on the botnet.

Whoa... It's like I'm reading about myself.
Echo is botnet, though.

Don't worry there's already an audio bug in that fancy Samsung smart TV you bought yourself this Christmas anons. Always listening, even when the TV is off.

I got only one and like what the fuck does my mom expect me to use this for in my dorm room like I live in a closet there's no plugs far away from me at any time, and opening an app or talking to an echo to turn it on and off would take more time than just moving to and flipping whatever switch

>turned off

what do you mean "turned off"
it has no "off" button, just mic mute

and unplugging it

This
:-(

>Not selling out of box to some fag on ebay

>Whaaa my parents put me through college and bought me gifts for Christmas!
Leftist detected