Note taking on desktop

Hey guys I'm thinking of trying to use a digital note taking application.

I think Microsoft OneNote and Evernote are the most popular.

Which should I use? Using Microsoft Windows 10 on a laptop and desktop.

Cheers guys.

simplenote

supports markdown
just werks without being a botnet

I need PDF support and images and stuff though.

Everything I've looked at is botnet or sucks. I would love a blend of lumio and speed dial with widgets but it doesn't seem to exist. If you find an extension for Firefox let me know... Might even be willing to switch to botnet for it. Will see how much I can "ungoogle" various chromium forks.

If you have windows 10, OneNote is preinstalled and just werks

orgmode + dropbox

OneNote just werks.

OneNote has been the tip top choice at least since XP days.

There is Standard Notes which is nice but you need to pay if you want some more features. It is fully open-source though.

I've been trying to find a notetaking/to do list thing that pairs with a calendar I can use across Windows/Linux/Android. Anyone have any suggestions?

>unironically using botNote
jesus christ

>implying I connect my school computer to the internet

Thanks, doc.

How fast is onenote when you open it and start typing on phones? Evernote takes a while to start up.

Nothing else can even compare. Get over it, "LibreNote" or whatever the FOSS version is called is absolute ass compared to OneNote.

Underrated keks

Is there anything like evernote but FOSS? Like the cloud services but thinking of getting VPS.

Notepad works on my machine

tomboy

LaTeX

My sole complaint about OneNote is how fucking SLOW it is to open on mobile. You just can't take quick notes on it.

It only gets worse when it sometimes has to do "housekeeping" and takes even longer to boot.

Emacs with org mode. Not being ironic or memeing.