Weird misconceptions foreigners have about your country

Number one on here at least is that most Southern white people are these well-educated, wealthy, conservative, caring people with a friendly culture and the rest of the US is just being bitter when they say this is not true. In reality, maybe 10% of white southerners act like this, while the majority are obese, literal shart-in-marting (not making this up, almost all those shitting images are from peopleofwalmart.com and almost every submission of that is from a Southern state), idiots on federal welfare because the South has virtually no worker protection laws at all and pays near third-world wages. People also tend to believe Florida, Virginia, and Texas are "Southern", when they really aren't.

t.butt hurt lib

southern hospitality is a real thingt. But they are dumb as dirt

t. Cletus.

everyone outside of the US thinks of white southerners are rednecks who fuck their sisters m8

Question - why is southern USA not as developed as the northern states?
I understand that they started lagging behind before the civil war, but it's been 150 years since then.
Why are they still behind?

dixie states are only good thing in USA

literally nobody thinks the south is like that

You haven't been on Sup Forums very long, have you?

most of the industry was in the north

about 5 years now

See

and many others.

a wide variety of reasons, but a lot of them have to do with an overriding sense to cut off one's nose to spite one's face.

Defunding public infrastructure after the Reconstruction has the side benefit of making sure uppity blacks don't get jobs. So a lot of robber barons in the early 20th century used the specter of racism to gut public schools, housing programs, etc. Poor white people didn't feel so bad about being poor as long as poor black people suffered more than they did.

>Why are they still behind?

Niggers are concentrated in the south

>Poor white people didn't feel so bad about being poor as long as poor black people suffered more than they did.

Pretty much sums up how rich Southern whites maintained control (and to a large degree, still maintain control) of the South. They do their best to stop an alliance of poor Southern whites and blacks because if that happened, they might actually have to improve the lives of poor people and workers instead of hording money for themselves.

And people like play right into their hands.

Reminder that Shartlanta and Walmart are all southern "culture"

this.

are you confusing the fact that we (brits especially) enjoy southern accents with some mental image of rich people lording it up in their plantation era mansions? it's not really the case, but we do enjoy the accents.

that we are drastically different from the other home nations and/or oppress them (english.)

Most niggers are completely worthless as individuals

It's a cultural thing apparently

How is Texas not southern ?

Texas is Texas.

It used to be it's own country so that sets it apart from any other state

This. Texas is its own thing, honestly. They associate with the South a lot of the time because they share some common values (muh guns, muh freedoms), but they really aren't Southern in culture or beliefs.

Makes me want to be a Texan

just saw this movie. Besides being really good, it's a great introduction to the cultural landscape of West Texas

It's pretty fucking great

>paying for the projectedjew

What are the biggest differences between them ?

For some reasons americans go to frankfurt.
Don't do that, it's boring compared to other cities, has a lot of muslims and it's right next to Offenbach.

Most people considered all the former confederate states as the South but that was 20 years ago.

Now Florida and Texas are pretty much part of Latin America.

can confirm, have been to frankfurt, is shit.

What would you recommend?
From the toursist's perspective I have never seen Germany as an interesting place.
The only german things that tempt me are beer and the soccer matches.

Stuttgart's Oktoberfest >>>>>>>

It depends on what you are looking for. Eventhough some others might disagree, I'd say the Rheinland and Southern Bavaria offer the best compromise between cultural stuff and nature.

o sul e meu pais

Right on the money OP, fuck the South.

Who touched you as a child?

isso mano.
Vão se foder macacos nordestinos!

It burns my ass when I see Euros or Canadians say THE SOUTH IS THE ONLY PLACE WITH CULTURE IN THE US.
As someone who has lived in Texas and Tennessee for their whole lives I can attest that these places are fucking cultural wastelands filled with more cheap fast food places and Wal Marts per capita than any other place in the US.
Literally every stereotype of the US in popular culture originates from here.

but you are wrong

newyorkers and east coast are educated yanks
southeners are hillbilly rednecks

is what yuros believe

west coast is just hollywood

What irrelevant backwoods country are you from?

the average euro is just as ignorant about the us as the average american is about europe tbqh

a fucking shariah country

>west coast is just hollywood
>mfw

I don't really think the average euro knows shit about the US

why did islam even take off in indonesia anyway?

it doesn't make much sense geographically

this

>and many others.
no

The South has an actual culture that wasn't made up in Hollywood

we're, in fact, not gypsies or turks (even though there's minorities of both in their designated containment zones). country's still pretty fucking shit though. cue the meme

what if i told you i grew up in the northeast and moved to the south, and can say that the south objectively is the most culturally void place in the country

ironically it's probably hollywood that's made you think that

But you're a yankee faggot so who cares what you think

ah yes good argument

if you guys were educated we wouldn't have to come down and take all of the skilled jobs

150 years later they still mad

The south is half black.

Why are yanks such pretentious pussies?

i would be mad too if i was living in the richest country in the world yet lived in a region that is eastern europe tier in development anywhere outside of the city, has no local business culture so your options on eating out range from fast food to applebees, you unironically feel that you are in africa at some points due to demographics and wonder where all the native southerners are at work cause the white collar businesses seem to only hire northern transplants cause there clearly isn't anyone qualified enough to do any work that requires thought

ur mum

The south have something unique to hold onto that isn't the same for the rest of the american states I guess, whatever makes them happy

t.Yankee

'ignorance is bliss' is a true statement, if you ever left the south youd realize how bad it is compared to the rest of the country

People think we're white, lmao

Developed in what way? When I was in the South I didn't see one redneck shitting in the streets.

t. nu-male

i could drive two miles from my house, take pictures, and you could be easily convinced that it was somewhere like bosnia

you mean like in detroit and chicago?

oh yea that's right if i call the south out on what it is (poor undeveloped uneducated shit) i must be a redditor bernie faggot. no im voting for trump, btw trump is from the most 'yankee' place in the entire fucking country in case your dumb ass didn't realize that.

im just telling you how you are seen in your cowboy hats and trucks fucking your cousin, to the avarage european

and as you demonstrate it, they are not wrong Billy

Hahaha how the fuck is northern oppression real
Nigga just move away from the south like nigga walk away haha

>implying there aren't ghettos in every major city

i'm talking about outside the cities, it is 2nd world tier developed. there is just a whole different level of poverty and lack of infrastructure here.

i am northern i was just describing in some detail why this place is shit

im gonna try to get back up there in a year or so

The South will rise again.
God bless.

In maps right now, been looking thru states, doesn't look too much different then most places in my state

America looks the same throughout

then what's the big deal, I'm not seeing this uganda stuff people are talking about

look harder

asian ancient sea trade

kek, KEK

ya ok

2bh the south breeds good hyuck soldiers to fight in wars as enlisted men

let them be muh heritg

They work for the superior northerners

literally reported it

>We're protecting America's freedoms. We're heroes, Boomhauer.
>We sure are, Eustice. Now let's make out before we report to sergeant Gonzalez.

The animals arent that bad, since they're all far from areas we live.
Except tassie devils, they're cute