New worlders that have visited Europe

New worlders that have visited Europe

Where did you go? What shocked you? What did you think? Any interesting stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkRq7mBBiiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JfkDzXuWhkk
youtube.com/watch?v=sIlNIVXpIns
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump desu senpai

Visited Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Milan and Roma
Most Shocking: Paris is a shithole and expensive as fuck.
Interesting stories: Lost the train to go from Paris to Milan, bought new tickets and get in the wrong train. had to run to the right train when arrived to Lyon.

Went to Greece when I was 14. I was surprised at how dirty the streets were and the amount of stray dogs. Also all the peddlers and performers were surprising. The amount of old buildings/ruins and how elaborate the designs were was neat.

My classmate bartered with peddlers and gave them Canadian Tire money instead of real money.

I'd like to go to the Czech Republic or maybe Iceland next go around.

I went to Italy on a class trip. Going from north to south Italy is like night and day, but both were great. Italians really like Americans in my experience. The trains and public transport in general was really great, though incredibly expensive by US standards.

Other than that I went to the far North of Sweden to meet my grandparents. No memes, they told me they really don't like the direction Sweden is headed and think that Swedish culture is in jeopardy. My Farmor say's she sometimes thinks she's one of the last practicing Christians in all of Sweden.

Overall eye opening, really enjoyed it, though it had its rough spots.

>Going from north to south Italy is like night and day
he...hehehe

We like everyone who come to spend money here

>Italians really like Americans in my experience
Amazzati turista di merda.

this
Went to Paris and I was shocked by the mere absence of white people.
Literally Detroit 2.0

Why go to germany

that's greece for you. literally 3rd world shithole filled with niggers begging for eu money.

>It's a people can't handle Paris thread

DUDE CHRISTIANITY LMAO

Well, the Italians guy who ran the hotel we stayed at in Florence told us he had family and a house in Virginia that he visited every summer. People seemed to know a lot about the States and even asked if my family was Italian-American once. I was honestly surprised by how nice they seemed.

I went to Switzerland and Portugal

Everything shocked, it was like a I was living a bad dream then a woke up, it's not an exaggeration when we talk shit about BR here, EVERYTHING was better, even the food, the meat, everything

When I was at Charles De Gaulle a Vatican father that was waiting the plane next to me took an interest in me, we started talking and shit, I saw his passport (probably one of the 500 in the world), he asked me about BR and such until the plane came, when I passed through him go to my seat he kept looking at me in an awkward manner, I have a cute face and I look younger than I am so it was pretty awkward

Threads like these is why I will never visit Paris

Good news, it's too fucking crowded already

>can't handle
It's just shit. Plain simple.
Just like Berlin.

Lives in Paris for 2 months in a rich neighborhood, a few blocks from the l'arc de triomphe. 32 rue Jean Giradoux

Place is a fucking shit hole, don't go there.

paris is awesome desu just people are retarded and except romantic paris like from movies

I've visited what would normally be described as Western Europe, what shcoked me the most was just how exactly like home it was, particularly Spain but also Italy and southern France, family life, food, architecture, I really wasn't expecting it all to be so familiar tbqh.

I'd like to add our tour guide really emphasized how much money Greece spend sniffing up Athens for the Olympics and how they went in alot of debt.
Pretty funny in hindsight

I was staying with extended family in Germany. (Around 2010 or so, around Heidelberg)

It's so clean! The public transportation was nice, we don't even have city buses where I live here. Lots of cute antique stores and stuff. TONS of castles, that's probably what blew my mind the most.

The food was awesome, too. I'd kill someone to go back. If I brush up on my German, will they take me? I'm a college student currently

1.) Went to Dublin with friends, was underwhelmed and found the Irish a mostly cynical people

2.) Went to Manchester for a wedding. Had an awesome time, loved it. Was surprised by how well my accent worked with the slags.

3.) Extended 2 day layover in Amsterdam, enjoyed it. 10/ 10 would go back and spend more time. Prices were high, and the people were not as tall as I expected but they were very skinny. Amsterdam is full of lanklets.

4.) Ukraine, people were amazing, food was shit except shashlik. Great party and beach scene. Girgeous women. No rules whatsoever regarding driving and parking, first time I ever saw a squat toilet hole. Got suckered out if $50 by gypsies with pigeons, but that was my own stupidity.

I took a trip through Europe in November 2014 with my girlfriend

>Frankfurt
Felt comfy for such an urban center, great food, lots of nice architecture, even the homeless druggies were friendly as fuck

>Paris
Beautiful city ruined by some of the most horrible people ever, constantly accosted by gypsies, everywhere past the center is straight up ghetto, the eiffel tower's base has actual puddles of spit. The Louvre was nice though.

>Amsterdam
Gorgeous, stayed in a boatel and it was great, loved the weather and the museums, the only downside is that my girl was grossed out by the intense weed smell and the red light district, would go again if I was single (unlikely) or with another couple (plausible)

>Berlin
Easily my favorite city in the world, clean and modern, great food, great clubs, lots of history. Considering moving there in the future

>Cologne
Went during carnival so partied with random germans, ate sausage, drank beer, prevented a guy dressed like Goku from jumping into the river, watched cops confiscate Jagermeister, it was fun as hell

>Prague
Lovely, would want to move there if I wasn't afraid of being thrown out a window, cheap and tasty food, lots of hilarious history and some of the least friendly people I have ever met (not mean, just kinda angry looking) the bone chapel in kutna hora is awesome

I wanna go back but I hear a lot of places are becoming like Paris and my girl is afraid of something happening while neither of us is armed

Berlin is great. For a tourist.

HE WANTED TO FUCK YOUR HUEHUE BOYPUSSY

I've been to Berlin as was and enjoyed it. I wouldn't want to live in Paris nor in Berlin but they are both great for tourists, if you can't have a good time because you see black people in the streets well that's too bad for you

stop pretending you're european or latin indio shithead

>People seemed to know a lot about the States
Like?

>32 rue Jean Giradoux

Looks like a nice area.

>Berlin
>clean

Damn.
Really makes me think how much of a dump the average city in the US is if Berlin is considered clean by American standards.

bait

please tell me mandingo is right around the corner

>Basing your real life views of the world on Sup Forums memes

I found the center to be pretty nice, at least compared to something like New York or Miami (or some parts of Seoul)

Swear to god it's not, I loved Germany, it was easily the nicest place I've ever been to

>Berlin
>clean

Yea thats not why i called it bait, its more because of the Berlin part.

went to rome when i was a kid and someone, i think they were a gypsy idk, tried to steal my dads wallet

that's all i got

>tfw too poor to afford leaving your block

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkRq7mBBiiQ

youtube.com/watch?v=JfkDzXuWhkk

I bet you're Bavarian

>My classmate bartered with peddlers and gave them Canadian Tire money instead of real money.

>Poorer minorities are more likely to use public transport
>They can also be found more often in their respective neighbourhoods
Who'd a thunk..........

Different people take with them different opinions

I didn't like paris because I went on a budget so I had to stay in a dirty ass hostel in the 16th whatchamacallit (there was blood on the fucking sheets) and had never had to deal with gipsies and their fucking clipboards

I would go again with money, would probably enjoy it

seems like you don't know your own cunt, Italobro

>denial and deceit

>Poorer minorities are more likely to use public transport
Only in America

he's right. it's like going from a cuked nu-europe merkel colony to a redpilled bastion of old time, christian europe.

go read the stats. italy is the most supportive country on the planet toward USA. only canadians and israel scored more.

>mfw browing Sup Forums

On reason nobody knows anything about their respective countries is that Sup Forums is a place for various diasporas.

It was cleaner than Frankfurt..

browsing*

(You)
youtube.com/watch?v=sIlNIVXpIns

toilets didnt have ass washing water tap

I'm a yank in Europe right now. Been travelling here for 3 months now. Will go back home (NYC) soon.

You can AMA.

>Tourists are more likely to get mugged
Who'd a thunk.............

interrail?

Europe sounds very bland and boring, and people very shitty.
I'd rather visit north africa or turkey, there I could have some fun.

for how long have you been traveling in europe? when are going back?

And what was the point of that?

American in Russia

Commie blocks are pretty comfy
women are amazingly hot
metros are loud as fuck
no black people

11/10 would move here familia

I visited my sister in law's family, and we went to multiple cities within a month. The amount of people shocked me. Infrastructure was better. (atleast better than rural minnesota) The men were really skinny and feminine. I saw alot of minecraft apparel. The food was actually good, I expected European food to be shit tier. Overall i would rate it 9/10.

>tourist
>literally says Chinese *immigrants*

You're a brain dead African aren't you?

sos pls

Interrail, also a couple of flights.

>You're a brain dead African aren't you?
Wew calm down there boyo. You're getting worked up over anonymous image board posts.

Also

>Chinese immigrants who never fight back and rarely speak the language of the country they're in are more likely to get mugged
Who'd a thunk.............

What cities/places have you been to so far?

Interrail seems pretty cool but the reservations are annoying and accommodation is expensive in western europe

stop shitposting giuseppe

And what exactly is the point of your post? How does it prove Paris isn't a shithole?

>Where did you go?
Italy, Spain and France.

>What shocked you?
How dirty Rome and Paris are, some areas were even worst than Buenos Aires. What also amazed me was how many immigrants each city had, in Rome it was really hard to walk a couple of blocks without having a bangladeshi street vendor forcing you to buy something (mostly those shitty selfie-sticks)

>What did you think?
I liked it, both Spaniards and Italians were pretty friendly once they knew I was Argentinian. Italians were also kind enough to let me practice Italian with them even though I was speaking too slowly.

>Any interesting stories?
I had my wallet stolen by some gypsies while I was taking a bus in Rome. Ironically, I've been living in Buenos Aires for over a decade and I've never had anything stolen.

excellent rebuttal

And what exactly is the point of your post? How does it prove Paris is a shithole?

That's a strange way to spell The Philippines

SOS GODDAMNITTTTTTTTTTTTTT SOS

>rampant crime doesn't prove it's a shithole
>t. Bilel on vacation in Italy

fuk of turk

SOOOOOOOOOOOS

>Frankfurt, Germany
Wasn't really shocked but was very impressed at how clean everything was, and the beautiful countryside. Also impressed to see how big recycling was in Germany. Please German bros don't let Merkel ruin this for you.

merkel is the reason germany is so nice

Providing you can find a place in an exchange program, why wouldn't they take you?

Plenty of time to learn German once you're here. The vast majority of young people, especially in Universities, will be able to converse in English until your German is somewhat fluent

Don't fixate in Heidelberg too much though, while it is nice, there's lots of hidden gems and cozy towns in Germany. Especially if you're gonna enroll in University here. Look up Würzburg, it's where I stay at

really made me stink...

>the food, the meat
other examples?

Not an achievement. Frankfurt is shit
Berlin at least has a character and history to it, Frankfurt is a giant drug/financial market

London, Paris, Rome, Berlin, Vienna, Florence, Venice, Siena, Milan

London just seemed to be like a dirtier, more fancy version of NYC, I hate NYC

Paris was dirty and awful

Rome was cool, very alien though

Berlin felt like a shitter version of a midwestern city, that tries to be cultured but is just shitty.

Vienna was wonderful to be in, I loved it and it was interesting despite me catching a horrible virus from there

Florence was great except there was shit and piss all over the sidewalks and streets

Venice was a very enjoyable tourist trap

I loved Siena, it was a nice day trip from Florence and it looked beautiful, was fun to go around and eat and shit in, etc. i liked it better than Florence and it being so high was also cool. Going to the top of that tower thing in the middle of it and then looking around was awesome especially considering there was clouds below it

Milan was fun and I liked it better than Florence

nothing shocked me I knew from minute one that I didn't like to be in places outside of the Northeastern US due to cultural differences

Where are you from? What didn't you like? Couldn't make friends? Too expensive? Couldn't find a job? Not admitted in a grande école or Sorbonne?

berlin also gave me midwesty vibes. Did germany copy the midwest or did the midwest copy germany?

Don't feel bad, friend. The northern part of city is really like a ghetto, from what I've found. I literally played "spot a white person" with a friend, because of the sheer amount of blacks and arabs.
But you still do have quite beautiful places closer to the centre, as well as some great museums, so nothing to be ashamed of, really.

>nothing shocked me I knew from minute one that I didn't like to be in places outside of the Northeastern US due to cultural differences

>americans

Eh, I liked them both desu Fritz, I really like your country, it's comfy

Wien is fucking trash. Any other Austrian city is better

Midwest copied Germany but Berlin copied Midwest (the real Berlin was destroyed in WW2) thats why its so shitty

>feeling most comfortable in your homeland is something only Americans feel

I didn't choose the city

>2 Youtube videos and a screenshot from some generic news article from some newspaper
>Rampant crime
>it's a shithole

How did you get that picture in those proportions and that pixelated

BaWü du basler.

Agreed. It's poor and there's no work.

I've been to the south of England, a few cities in France including Paris, and spent some time wandering around Tuscany and Lazio in Italy.

Nothing was exactly shocking, though some things were definitely weird, like pay toilets and how restaurants always assume you want carbonated water when you just ask for water. London was definitely the most familiar city, interesting mix of old and new architecture, and there were some fantastic parks which I didn't expect. Canterbury was really nice as well, there were almost no other tourists the day I went and when I was at the cathedral there was a girl's choir practicing and the acoustics made them sound literally angelic.

Paris is a very beautiful city but it's disturbingly full of Africans, many of whom will try incessantly to sell you trinkets and other useless shit any time you're around a tourist site. Also lots of gypsies lurking around, and it was surprising how everyone just openly hated them and treated them like scum. I guess they like to steal and pickpocket a lot. I found French people to be a lot nicer than their reputation suggests, my French is really terrible but fortunately everyone was able to speak English after I exhausted what little French I knew.

Italy was the best though. Best architecture, best countryside, best wine, best food, best women, happiest people. I enjoyed every city and town I visited, 10/10 would visit again anytime.

>BaWü
So weit daneben ist das ja nicht

I've visted multiple countries already and also I've lived for 2 years in France.
Where did you go?
UK, France (many cities), Italy, Greece, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands and Belgium.

What shocked you?
The quantity of muslims in big cities. Not stormfag or something, but I was not expecting this amount, mostly in London and Paris.

What did you think?
Overall the small towns are really cute and there is nothing like that in the new world.

Any interesting stories?
Best and worst place I went in Europe have been in one country: Greece. Santorini is gorgeous and amazing and Athens does not look like first world (inb4 butthurt from greeks).