Sweden is a moral super power

Explain to me how, EVEN when we live in such a globalized world that you speak to people from different nationalities online every single day, you people can still justify that "my problems/responsibilities end where my borders also end".
Why is poverty in Romania less of your issue than poverty in your country? Borders are a social construct, and I'm not even saying that ironically.

It doesn't make sense to care more about someone who lives just within your border than someone who lives right outside of it. Furthermore it doesn't make sense to care more about people WITHIN your country who have a citizenship versus don't who doesn't.

The only way you can ""justify"" this is through plain blind racism and "as long as I have it good, the rest can starve and their children too"-mentality. I know many of you are openly like this so whatever, but the rest of you: at least don't be hypocritical, admit it to yourself and the world.

hello neighbor. been fishing all day?

The solution is personal sovereignty. When each person is in control of their own personal border the cancerous, deprecated idea of hivemind moralism can be put down.

Sweden is a moral superpower.
And a state of virtueless, prideful fools, who think charity redeems their vacant personalities and sinful nature.

why do you have to be such a fucking fag, Sweden...

It's like watching your big brother turning into a sissy homo.

You should let immigrants into your house. After all, ownership is a social construct.

You can't help the whole world. You, as an individual, are nearly powerless when it comes to the task of minimizing worldwide suffering. Even nationally, eliminating poverty and suffering is next to impossible without a concerted effort that's only been found among Nordic nations. You also have to realize that not everyone can be helped, that some people are beyond saving and that attempting to help them will only cause more suffering, both for you and for others around you.

Don't concern yourself with such massive issues, it will depress you, make you feel powerless in the face of how little your contribution makes in the grand scheme of things.

nuke us already

OH NO, not vacant personalities!

this. there are BILLIONS of people that need aid, but we just can't help them all. and to make the problem even bigger they breed like rabbits

poop lmao

not sure if bait or serious
anyway, consider the fact that whole welfare you experience every day has been built within the borders of your national state. Borders are not social construct, they are a real result of consolidation of power that throughout history allowed you to pursue policies that in the end gave you your current place in the world system. Thus you are wealthier than an average Romanian or African who didnt have such luck. Is it right from ethical point of view? Probably not, but thats how our world has been built, and as long as it functions this way institutions such as borders are not "social construct", they are social reality.

>american phisolophy

Who else but Sweden.

kek

Which is why we must act as a society. Ping at >only been found among Nordic nations
Which is why must spread it.

>attempting to help them will only cause more suffering
lol what

>Don't concern yourself with such massive issues, it will depress you, make you feel powerless in the face of how little your contribution makes in the grand scheme of things.
This goes for everything, we are all small individuals but together we grow big. It is how anything is accomplished! That IS society at it's core, user.

Yes we can. And it is well known in academia that many children is closely linked to poverty. It's in insurance for when people get old, a way to survive, to have your children look after you. As welfare increases people no longer feel the need to have as many children. And they start to value other things too more: building a career, self-fulfillment, etc. Literally just google, you'll find endless studies about this subject.

Well by our standards about 6 billion people are poor and need help.

I'd love to see you guys trying to squeeze 6 billion fellow humans into your country and affording them all a free appartment in central stockholm.

Tell me this Swedes

why would you build a society with the highest standard of living, approaching utopian levels of development and then import tons of undesirables

You had one job

So we help, with resources from our developed countries, to build institutions in other countries.

That job is our moral duty to help those less developed into reaching our level of prosperity.

>Why is poverty in Romania less of your issue than poverty in your country?
Because you have to draw the line somewhere, the world will never be equal. No one in any developed country would say we need equality all the way down to someplace like Burundi, so where does "equality" stop? The easiest and most fair stopping point is your own border.

you are trying to draw an equivalency between humanitarianism and the sort of unfettered multiculturalism and ethnic masochism your country is famous for.

>No one in any developed country would say we need equality all the way down to someplace like Burundi
I do

this whole thread is total b8

if it is, ill entertain the idea just to make sure i can form a proper argument

häng dig

>help to build institutions in other countries
Yeah, like in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya.
Look around you, the so-called "developed countries" failed even to spread their prosperity within the European Union, which is at the verge of dissolution after merely 10 years of mild economic problems. If 27 countries that share common values and history so tremendously fail to get along, then how can you seriously think about "helping" the rest of the world?

>Which is why we must act as a society.
Not possible past the local level. Scandinavian countries only work the way they do because the culture supports the mindset where locally, everything works like clockwork to the point that they don't even need to mandate things on a national level (that's why Sweden can get away with not having a minimum wage for example).

A global society is a fantasy, something that would require a worldwide change in cultural values and beliefs among every single person. This is impossible, utterly unlikely to the point that the mere idea is almost as ridiculous as some of more out-there conspiracies.

We're not even close to the level of infrastructure and development needed to provide something like a global basic income. Pursuing something that ambitious is pure folly, something that will never happen given the simple nature of the world we live in.

>Lol what
Look at all the dictatorial regimes that were toppled only to be replaced by an even worse one. Look how much aid sent to Africa is wasted and instead used to fund warlords. Our desire to improve peoples lives in underdeveloped countries is leading to a population explosion in these countries that already couldn't handle the people that were living there. It's in some ways better to not get involved and let nature take its course over many generations.

do you ever cut yourself with that edge?

guy here brings up a point

countries outside of the west are too culturally and socially different from ours to have use just prop up western-style institutions and expect everything to work out just great for them.

we know that they can build good nations, they have in the past, but i think this is going to be a shitty time in there history and they'll have to work through it in their own way. we had these same shitty times too, and we worked through it in our own way too.

more like Sweden is a moral super fag am i rite?
ayyyyyy

My problems/responsibilities are proportional to the genetic distance between me and the one with the problem. I value my family first, then my nation.