HOLY SHIT

HOLY SHIT
I just noticed portugal has 2 archipelagos in the atlantic ocean.Holy shit

Hmm, we should really ask if the islanders would prefer to be British.

Portugal is basically a british colony anyway.

during summer for sure, bring your money lads

Shut up nigeria

you're wrong

no he is right

>Portugal owns the remains of the Atlantis

canaries are not part of atlantis? what about the malvinas for the brits?

Azores are comfy af m8

azores is much more far away than that

I used that image in a school project when we had to make a video about immigrants coming to the US. Mine ended with the family's daughter killing herself.

Good times.

Portugal is England's oldest ally.

We've helped each other for most of the time the countries have existed. England helped defend Portugal, and Portugal stood up against Napoleon for them. Every time Portugal joins an English war, the war is over within 2 or 3 years. We're your lucky charm.

Portugal gave England tea, and England helped Portugal develop and sell Port wine, not mention we traded royals to prevent both countries of falling in the hands of Spain and France.

Sure we've scuffed here or there in some coloured maps, but we've been better friends to you than the Scots, and you've been better friends to us than the Spaniards.

>1385 Never forget.

more like portugal's oldest backstabber

Shit, the pink map again? We had never even gone to the interior-most borders of Angola and Mozambique. We couldn't possibly hope to hold or explore Zambia or Zimbabwe.

England saved your ass 3 or 4 times against the Spaniards and is one of the reasons you call a presunto a presunto and not a jamon.

They expected payment for this, of course, and we gave them a couple cities in India that we could not protect because the Spaniards stopped funding our Armada and the Ducth killed it.

If anything Englands success is much better than Spain or the Netherlands, desu.

noone believes your bullshit shartnigger, now gtfo

t. ignorant with no knowledge of his country's history

portugal greatest ally

ups

Do they even speak Portuguese there? I'd say, that far away they must speak an ooga booga native bollocks language.

There are no natives there, people in Azores and Madeira speak normal european portuguese with a meme accent

there were no natives in azores nor madeira

Well, Azores had birds - Açores, and Madeira had a lot of forest and wood.

pink map was nothing near what england did betwen 1600-1660. They pretty much killed the nation, with the dutch delivering the coup-de-grace.
After that, we were a english protectorate for the most part. Colonizing Brazil was the only thing we could do after losing everything else (also pirating in the indian ocean, but that didn't work out as well as the trade used to)

Had we allied ourselves with the french instead of honouring an ally that ignored our pleas for help in the previous generation, and the "empire" would have gathered enough power to resist the dutch gambit.