UK stronk

UK stronk

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/world/2014/01/26/russian-rubbish-india-reportedly-disappointed-with-stealth-fighters-from-moscow.html
ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/fighter-jet-dogfight-britain-will-block-argentinas-purchase-of-gripen-aircraft
epluribusuno.wordpress.com/2014/12/10/nato-cant-find-russian-mystery-submarine-in-river-thames/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>murrikuk planes

t; mohammed

t. william shartner

t; future Gitmo detainee

>brits are on a shitposting rampage

>we actually wasted money on this murrikuk plane

t. sharterstorm

>Gee, I wonder what the Joint in Joint Strike Fighter stands for

pakistan airforce

NEDRELAND also has them already.

>joint strike fighter
>standing for something

it's got no legs you silly goose

Didnt you pay an absurd ammount of money just to be the first ones to get that thing in the EU?

>we actually wasted money on this murrikuk plane

Do you realise that we get money for every single one of the 3000 that America buys?

Fronce stronger

serbian airforce

t; ISIS pedo

do you realise you get a new brown cousin every time your sister goes to the paki shop?

>His cunt doesnt produce their own fighterjets

t. nigger president voter

>sister has child
>its classified as your cousin
t; VERY confused samefag

Dont know if we paid to be the first. But we do pay an absurd amount of money.

We originally intended to buy 119 of them but now we just buy 37.

It's an American plane tho.
And a spectacular waste of money.

UK is a major Air force country, since the beginning.
Please, do your own war planes.

t. president sharter n'bongo

t; Yasmine with beach body

>And a spectacular waste of money.
Well we dont give food stamps to terrorists like Europeans do.

So having nice aircraft is possible.

>We originally intended to buy 119 of them but now we just buy 37.

Thats just sad. We atleast have 97 Gripens and only 9 milion people. How many F-16s did you have before this?

>And a spectacular waste of money.
>Please, do your own war planes.

What you suggest would cost orders of magnitude more money to develop something comparable. Your argument is to not waste money by wasting a hell of a lot more money.

I don't want us to turn out like France, which has sacrificed a ridiculous amount of capability in order to produce its own aircraft 100% domestically

instead you pay them billions

Gripen is still 1/3 sourced from the US

Humph, it's absolutely not relative.

>nice aircraft
Do you like this kind of stuff tho? check out the "Dassault Rafale", It's a pretty great plane :)

>Well we dont give food stamps to terrorists like Europeans do.

No, we just ally ourselves with Arab Gulf states that have been funding terrorism and extremism for decades.

And 1/3rd from the UK

We used to have 213 F-16's. Now we have 68 of them.

>I don't want us to turn out like France, which has sacrificed a ridiculous amount of capability in order to produce its own aircraft 100% domestically

Yeah, better to sacrifice a ridiculous amount of capability (and public money) on foreign aircraft program.

I dont see any here. I'd pay more to keep them in the UK.

US aircraft are priceless and the most advanced on planet.

Thats why the market will pay whatever the price is set at.

>US aircraft are priceless and the most advanced on planet.

and like all things american, still get raped by viets

That is a decent sum. We have so far ordered 204 Gripens.

Meh those poors make planes from foreign parts

This is mostly due to an american engine and the fact that later verisions has to be NATO compatible.

The UK was completely and utterly destroyed by 1 man who didnt even need to raise a finger.

He couldnt even raise a finger if he wanted to because he was so hungry.

>US aircraft are priceless and the most advanced on planet.
I agree with you. F-16 was a fucking great war airplane (for example). Nice machine...

The aces from America have more kills than those from vietnam in your pic ...

Our F-16's will be phased out entirely I think. And our government is also considering to reinvest in our military.

At least, almost our entire parliaments wants us to meet the NATO average percentage (which means 50% increase in military spendings). But our government has been postponing it for jewish reasons.

Currently our military is drastically underfunded. We have high tech equipment. But we don't have enough money to properly supply our shit. Which kind of worries our politicians.

But the F-35, as a modern weapon, is a failure.

>Yeah, better to sacrifice a ridiculous amount of capability (and public money) on foreign aircraft program.

How the fuck are we sacrificing capability? We are GAINING the capability of a 5th gen jump-jet fighter-bomber, which we had no chance in hell to afford developing ourselves. We're also buying into the USA's industrial-military complex, by bringing money into British industry whenever the Americans sell or buy one of their own jets

France makes 100% of the Rafales but hardly anything of any other fighter. Britain makes the lion's share of the Eurofighter Typhoon (including the engine), 15% of every single F-35, 30% of the Gripens, and so on.

You might think 15% is a small number but how many Rafales is France exporting? A hundred or so? There are approximately 3000 orders of F-35s.

You guys are pretty stupid to keep feeding the troll

F-16 was like the assembly line jet, made for anyone and everyone and quick.

F-35 is a masterpiece of stealth capabilities and even outperformed Russian counterpart by an objective user.

foxnews.com/world/2014/01/26/russian-rubbish-india-reportedly-disappointed-with-stealth-fighters-from-moscow.html

You have just described the state of our armed forces to. Well atleast we still have ten times as many tanks as you.

See:

>foxnews.com/world/2014/01/26/russian-rubbish-india-reportedly-disappointed-with-stealth-fighters-from-moscow.html

Not a failure by any means unless you mean a lil over budget.

UK stronk

>masterpiece of stealth capabilities
I heard it.

>Lost F/A-117

Sorry comrade but no one was impressed with your newest metal kite.

You dont make 30% of the Gripen. Thats just not true. You have helped us conscruct around 25% of the components but most of those are still produced in Linköping, Sweden.

>Source?
I work in the Swedish Air Force and have seen the manufacturing process myself.

>escape system
>british

hehe

We used to have more tanks the UK. But we sold them all except for a handful we kept for training to retain our knowledge of them.

Now they regret it and are considering leasing tanks from Germany, which is pathetic.

>Oh look a Su-27 with a body kit.

They'll fuck you up.

Literally slavshit.

Besides the fact that I fucking love your video, I think a country who makes its own aircraft (and spare parts for it), can sorta be independant, I mean, like a real country; and not attaché to the USA.
You, by doing this program, be more dependant from the US.

Yes, Finland got 100 modern Leopard 2A6s from you for 100 million euros. And that is dirt cheap.

You are wrong. Here's your source.

>Argentina’s Defense Minister Agustin Rossi announced on Oct. 21 that his government would purchase 24 Saab Gripen E fighters.

>So far, so good for Saab.

>But as my colleague Andrew Chuter at Defense News pointed out, Rossi’s announcement seemed to ignore a likely insurmountable hurdle to the sale: Britain, its longtime foe, has a near veto on the export of the combat jet as a result of the substantial number of UK systems in the jet.

>It turns out that more than 30 percent of the new version of the Gripen being developed by Saab is supplied by British industry, Andrew reported.

>That includes key portions of Gripen such as the active electronically scanned array radar, landing gear, ejection seat, electronic system and other sub-systems. All would be affected by a 2012 British ban on military exports to Argentina.

ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/fighter-jet-dogfight-britain-will-block-argentinas-purchase-of-gripen-aircraft

>It turns out that more than 30 percent of the new version of the Gripen being developed by Saab is supplied by British industry
>It turns out that more than 30 percent of the new version of the Gripen being developed by Saab is supplied by British industry

We used to have 913 tanks. Now 18. :')

>Su27 with body kit
yeah they look "similar"

>not attaché to the USA.
>You, by doing this program, be more dependant from the US
Having allies has its advantages.

Oh yeah, the new Gripen Es, then it might apply. I have only seen the Gripen C/D production line and serial production of the E hasnt even started yet.

Is SELEX British? Because the new radar and IRST comes from them.

You're assuming that because we CURRENTLY aren't making a fighter aircraft 100% at home that we lack the ability to that if need to in the future.

That is incorrect. The UK aerospace industry is fully capable of making a domestic fighter - with a larger defence budget we would be doing just that.

The British aerospace industry makes the most complex components such as engines (Rolls-Royce).

BAE Systems makes the electronic warfare suites for the USAF's entire fucking fleet of F-15s and is doing that for the F-35 too

And we are equipping the thing with mostly Franco-British weapons not American ones

>913 Tanks

Wow, when was this? Was it Leopard 1s & 2s?

But let's be honest here. There is no country that can invade the Netherlands. And we were preparing for war against Russia for some silly reason. We really don't need a gazillion tanks. We only need a strong navy.

>Having allies has its advantages
Agree.
Sometimes advantages turn into inconvenients tho.

UKpoors

Selex is Italian but has huge UK involvement and it has a HQ in Britain too

445 Leopard 2's. The others Leopard 1's. In the late 90's.

>Sometimes advantages turn into inconvenients tho.
Not if you dont backstab them by selling their enemies naval attack boats.

that landscape is so dutsh it hurts

>UKpoors
We can afford to spend a hell of a lot more on the military than you guys can, but due to our relative prosperity and stability and lack of a conventional threat (mostly because your country is so weak), defence spending is quite low

We almost match Russia in nominal terms by spending a pathetic 2% of our GDP, which should be embarrassing for you

>BAE Systems makes the electronic warfare suites for the USAF
>And we are equipping the thing with mostly Franco-British weapons

That's true, and your industry is top-tier about it.
I don't deny it.

You're assuming that because we CURRENTLY aren't making a fighter aircraft 100% at home that we lack the ability to that if need to in the future.

Actually, yes. You just export your industry and expertise to a foreign country. A modern airplane fighter take about a human generation to be designed. This savoir-faire, experience, is lost for your country. The most of its technology is keeped by the US.

During the cold war the USA funded our military because we had to protect Germany. We were the Israel of Europe. So our military grew to silly proportions.

Then the cold war ended and we had a huge military surplus. So we started selling our shit.

Why cant you stop them from getting into your waters m8?

epluribusuno.wordpress.com/2014/12/10/nato-cant-find-russian-mystery-submarine-in-river-thames/

>Saudi Arabia
Is that what they are actually spending or does that include US $$ being sent?

Either way, when did Saudi Arabia become so militaristic? I thought Americans were doing everything for them? Or ISIS

Saudi Arabia 28 million people. Their mortal enemy Iran has 77 million people.

>14% of GDP

I think it's them.

Because of Yemen and Iran getting stronk in a few years.

I didnt know Saudis were so outnumbered.

They will need better tech for sure.

The way we secured such a good workshare deal on the F-35 project (i.e. money comes into Britain for all fighters made including US ones) was by folding some of BAE's research into the project, and this also made BAE a prime contractor. Yes, sharing research is not good. But that was the exception to the rule.

When Rolls-Royce sells engines and turbines for foreign planes and ships, it sells the completed product, not the blueprints and research.

The skills and workforce to produce the most complex parts of a fighter jet are here in the UK. What's missing is a contract from the British government to produce one, so naturally they find overseas markets.

If you think about it your argument is a bit absurd. You could use your logic to cry about selling your Rafales abroad too

"You just export your industry and expertise to a foreign country"

You would answer no, we export a finish product. That's what the UK does 99% of the time.

Sooo UK. Big progress right?

1st british pic 2008*

>Big progress right?
Yep, slow but big progress

>stronk
lmao enjoy your welfare while we subsidize your defence spending. you're welcome btw.

t. burger on vaycay getting in touch with my ancestors

>MUH

>shitting on one of the few countries that pulls its weight in NATO

This happens a lot and it's why many people don't think highly of Americans

>Germany
wtf wrong with it

I would love to talk to you IRL, you seems to be a very interesting guy to debate with!

Backstabbing traitors.

All their monies go to refugees now.

PLS BUY

>this triggers the brit defence enthusiast

Nice plane design desu

>Only 2 exist
>Buy em

They use "muh war guilt" as an excuse to worm out of their responsibilities and they feel confident enough to do that because they're no longer on the frontline of NATO. Personally I think it's pathetic, and German foreign policy in general is completely pathetic. A combination of industrial lobbyist pressure and sanctimonious moralising. That is IT. There's nothing else. From a country like Germany, well they should be ashamed.

Thank you. Although I disagree with you that we're not capable of building a domestic fighter again, I concede that if we decided to it, it would take more time than I'm comfortable with.

If I had my way the budget would be larger. However, with the defence spending as much as it is today, working within these confines, I maintain that the right thing to do is be involved in projects like the F-35 to gain those capabilities so at least we can be winning battles if we have to fight them