Primitive English

I am very impressed that such a highly primitive language with so rigid syntax could be spoken by so many people in the first world. You don't even realize how much you lose speaking this pure shite. Discuss.

saved

what did he mean by this

Is that why you're speaking it now?

Primitive? I think it's one of the most sophisticated languages there is.

how else could you understand me? is it the effect of English working on you? did you know though that by speaking it you're gradually becoming more stupid?

for a primitive people like Philippines maybe

we're all gradually becoming more stupid regardless of what language we're speaking user

He's speaking it because everyone who has it as their first tongue is linguistically handicapped and unable to fully master any other language.

But are you becoming more stupid by speaking it yourself?

can confirm. and there was me thinking that it was just because we never had to learn another language nothing to do with the fact that we physically couldn't. thanks for setting me right.

I'm still trilingual, so the answer is no

Its better than Ukrainian that's for sure.

let me think...no, you're wrong

Ukrainian is just a poorly copied Russian. Lmao

Language complexity has no real bearing on the complexity of thought expressed by it. Some of the most complicated grammical and phonetic rules are found in languages spoken by primitive aboriginal tribes.
I like english. The idea to isolate words and use the structure of a sentence to assign the relations is neat as fuck. If there's one problem with english, its not the simplicity, it's inconsistency, there isn't a rule that doesn't have a buttload of exceptions

Ukrainians are so irrelevant that the rest of the world thinks they speak Russian.

it's more complicated than Russian

It really isn't.

>tfw Russians referred to your language as "Little-Russian" in the 20th century.

Ukrimea YES

and still it's the biggest European country with the best soil on the planet

Not true. We're russian and ukrainian are extremely similar in both syntax and difficulty.

it is though, has more cases

>Some of the most complicated grammical and phonetic rules are found in languages spoken by primitive aboriginal tribes.

This is true, there are some Native American languages that do not have any consistent verb conjugation rules or patterns, requiring the speaker to learn every single tense of every single verb individually.

Yeah, so "great" that the Russians frequently invade your asses while the rest of the world goes, "Wait...where the fuck is Ukraine again?"

>the rest of the world thinks they speak Russian.
Which they actually do. All ukranians know Russian and at lest half of them speak Russian on daily basis. This is sad to be honest. But not as sad as the situation is Belarus where almost nobody speaks Belarusian.

With a different vocabulary and tweaked grammar. And sounds also much better.

Why is more complicated a good thing? The latin alphabet is much simpler than the chinese writing system. Are you saying their tens of thousands of characters is better than 26 letters?

No, all I'm saying is your mom is a fucking whore.

i could literally buy your family

oh look at this 1-Dimensional cock-gobbling tosspot, who could never even master bacon with all the poetical complexity of their local tongue and has just settled with having salo for a nutritional breakfast.

Point is: what one would call primitive, another can define as efficient, so one must always be able to keep their perspective as close to 360 degree as possible - every drawback has its benefits.

>Are you saying their tens of thousands of characters is better than 26 letters?
Depending on the task. If you want to write poetry, then having thousands of puzzle pieces can be a godsent for a talented writer.

As for cataloguing/programming purposes, even chinese would admit that latin letters are king

WEW

nice

The only useful thing about a writing system like Chinese is that it doesn't require a person to learn the spoken language in order to be able to write it. The number of words and ways of using them however remains constant; a talented poet does not gain some magical new level just by writing in Chinese script as opposed to Latin.

>this thread
yet all the best poetry is in english
really makes you think

it does - you just don't know any better

you just don't know any better

English is more suitable for communication robots than humans.

Old English was pretty good in my opinion. But the English language has an interesting history though. The Great Vowel Shift for example.

there IS no better, buttblasted russian

>cant omit subject
>full of inconsistencies
>has 3 cases
shit

Conjugation of verbs in Middle English: taken, if i'm correct

First person - Ic take, We taken
Second - Thou takest(tak'st), Ye taken
Third - He taketh, They taken

3 cases? What cases exactly? I remember only genitive(-s).

xe xim xis

>subjective (he), objective (him) and possessive (his)
It's clear now.

Get out with that shit!

*gets out with all YOUR shit inc tv and laptop*
pshhht, nothin personnel, kid

This. Inflection is overrated. It would be better if English made a distinction between verbs and other parts of speech though.