at least you have countryside

Kind of nice in it's own way.

Lovely, my ideal kind of nature

Britain looks better to me desu, I hate mountains

>Great Britain

Looks like my dull as fuck province

Farmland everywhere, zero elevation

(elevation + forest = goat)

>It's another "europhile brit hating where he lives because it's britain" episode

If you love "mainland europe" so much then why don't you go fucking move there?

The south of the island is pretty flat.

>zero elevation

Quite clearly wrong.

Yeah. I came over here from Ireland. It was all pretty flat. I'm in the midlands and its all fucking hills. Pretty shit.

implying there are no mountains in britain

>tfw your region is so fucking flat that you can often see the horizon
JUST

It would look really nice if there were more trees. Ancient woodlands in the UK look quite pretty

I like the Lake District with its combination of numerous lakes and """mountains"""

Partly why I prefer the southern half of France

We're planting trees but it's slow as fuck. They need to speed things up. They've reintroduced the beaver so they need stuff to munch on too.

I live in a rather Urban area to, next to a swamp actually.

On thing that's nice about living in the rural U.S., no shortage of hiking trails.

could do with a few more trees

>That picture
Fuck I can just see the mosquitoes.

That's how the earth is supposed to be

Have this lovely tree instead.

that would be 80% of finland

They're the worst in the Spring time. Not too bad in the summer, quite pleasant actually.

You can walk out to the Appalachian trail actually if need be.

freaking out thinking about the sneks in that grass.

What's the actual reason for the lack of trees in the UK? Wind? Rain?

This is what Cambridgeshire is like, I love it

Wood stoves

Pretty jealous of how flat and green it is, even in summer.

Here it becomes brown and dark green, and you have to walk up hill in every direction.

First industrialised country and ship building, I presume. We used to have bears and wolves here too, but wiped them out centuries ago.

>Pretty jealous of how flat and green it is, even in summer.

Drawback is that we get lot of rain, all year long.

We actually have more rain than everywhere in Europe except south of the Alps and North-west England.

It does tend to concentrate in the Fall and Winter, and it's proper thick rain, not that pissy drizzle year round.

>In the absence of people, much of Great Britain would be covered with mature oaks, except for Scotland.

WTF I hate British people now

Images of England like this pull at my heartstrings something wicked.

I like that more than we have here. Last weekend I was on a festival 3 of the 4 days had rain.

All we can do is continue to plant those trees. It's a miracle that much of the country is still countryside or not built on all things considered.

>Here it becomes brown and dark green, and you have to walk up hill in every direction.
Can confirm. You're always going up here.
At least we have beautiful beaches and the Douro river.

Yes the Lake District is nice.

Planted block forests look like shit though. You need a diversity of trees for a good forest.

Yeah, I guess everyone wants what they don't have, even if just to break the monotony. You'd have to face regular dry 40 degree weeks with high chances of fires.

Yeah, the more North you go the greener it gets. And the cities looks very nice all traditional-looking bunched up in a hill next to a river. You also get nice quads and glutes just going shopping, and it's not really mountainous, just hilly.

>that
>looking great

my backyard looks better and its a fucking favela style Palestinian camp

try again Tony

Where I live it's hilly, but not overtly so. The hills roll smoothly in a way that's pleasant to hike or drive along.

When I was out in California the story was totally different, sharp turns and crevices everywhere you go. Didn't help that people drive like madmen out west.

this tqbh

>You'd have to face regular dry 40 degree weeks with high chances of fires.

I rather jump into lava

Can't we just have a nice 20-25°C summer with some nights/mornings a little bit of rain, just enough to keep the plants alive?

Looks like New Jersey

Still, filling up the ancient swamplands and marshes was the best thing we ever did.

Although we don't live up to our names anymore. Flanders doesn't get flooded by the springtides anymore, neither does Holland contain any forests (I would be surprised it ever did, I don't think Holland is derived from Holtland, wooded land, as some toponymists believe), it always was wet marshland.

What we see in the picture counts as completely flat

Oh bloody hell.

This one is lovely too. Instantly made me think of The Shire.

very nice

>tfw our whole island is marshes
not happy about this one

That's why The Netherlands is the best name, for both of us.

Same here, most were cut down for the Walloon industry in the 19th and early 20th century. Problem is that they replaced most by conifers, which are not native to the region, and caused acidification of the soil and the disappearance of many native fauna, flora and fungi.

True, but that also included Wallonia and the lost land in Northern France. You can't really consider those molehills they have as "rugged".

>new zealander
you bloody live in the shire

Yeah but it's not as nice as it ought be because you're not here to cuddle me.

>tfw lives in the vineyards

Would love to, but I only cuddle whites

>We actually have more rain than everywhere in Europe except south of the Alps and North-west England.
I am from one of the dark blue areas in the highlands

just fuck my shit up

That's not what your dad said.

>Getting more than 100 mm of rain a year
Lucky cunt

At least you have a tree

Yeh, the Atlantic is a mean mistress, I tell you.

We get all the rain meant for Spain since it breaks against the mountains in our east border. I like a good torrent-y rain once in a while, though.

Coming home from a biking lap in the rain and mud, all wet and tired and cold, to a hot shower followed by a nice hot plate of Feijoada made by Grandma, and spend the afternoon inside by the fireplace. Comfy overload, desu.

Is it too wet to leave or something?

Move out of the desert, cunt

I never had the impression that Finland was a part of Scandinavia desu

B-but muh dry heat

Seriously though, pls send help

>pls send help
I've had 3 days of 29°C+ with a humidity of 50-60%, no A/C, mandatory long sleeves and gloves.

Don't have the strenght to help you right now.

We only really get humid cold and dry heat. Thank god for the winds.

British countryside is the comfiest countryside in the world, prove me wrong

Depressed me after living there, home now and you appreciate the hills, cliffs and sunsets even more

>Coming home from a biking lap in the rain and mud, all wet and tired and cold, to a hot shower followed by a nice hot plate of Feijoada made by Grandma, and spend the afternoon inside by the fireplace. Comfy overload, desu.
You like biking to user? Nice. I totally get you, I feel way better and more confy in the winter. In the summers it's so hot you cant go biking or you get dehydrated like shit.

>Yeah, I guess everyone wants what they don't have, even if just to break the monotony.
Yup, just like Antonio Variações used to say: "Estou bem aonde eu não estou, porque eu so quero ir, aonde eu não vou"
I totally agree with you, I love fall and winter.

There are brits

>Englishmen
>Wales

Only Scotland isn't bad

See

I like the summer too, but it's too long and I get tired of it. I'm way to pale to enjoy it, desu.

I like biking a bit, mostly to get out of the house, not improve time sor anything. Biking in the rain is the absolute best.

Kek

>my region is flat as a tabletop where the biggest dip in altitude is a ww2 bomb hole
>go on a school trip to the South
>mfw highlands

What's wrong with Britons who live in the countryside?

They are Brits

The majority are friendly and polite.

They still are Brits

How many countryside brits do you know?

As little as possible

>hurrr I hate white British people so much

It's a regular countryside tbf I have honestly no idea why so many people fantasize about it
I mean, it's pretty and comfy but that can be said of most Euro countries countrysides as well

You sound like some kind of Paki.

Don't get me wrong, I like summer too, but as you said it's way too long. Also, summer break is fun for the first 2 months, it then becomes boring and tedious as fuck. I also use my bike as an excuse to leave the house, there isn't a lot of fun stuff to do here.

ayyy

Yeah, I live in Coimbra and in the Summer it completely drains off all the young people to do shit with.

I've just enjoyed my last summer break, though, so I guess I'll never have to worry about that again ;_;

feels good to be pure mountains tbqh

would you believe pic related is in libya

It really doesn't you Phoenician fuck

Hey I recognize that pic, you're the Libyan guy on /out/

This, it's the god tier, I wish we lived in nature like that

I rode through a part of Italy that looked like that. Somewhere in between Verona and Milano.