What's the point of Italy?

What's the point of Italy?

Other urls found in this thread:

irishtimes.com/culture/books/how-fish-and-chips-enriched-a-nation-1.765095
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Milan is stunning.

I think the initial idea was to counterbalance Austria and France.

Counterbalance what?

we wuz romans n shiet

rule the world

The empire and shit. Whichever power happened to have egemony on Italy usually had it on the whole Europe: Spain under Karl IV first, france and Napoleon then.

France supported the conquest of Lombardy for the very reason of weakening Austria, but didn't support the conquest of Venetia as previously agreed because Napoleon III thought that a unified Italy would have been too strong and would have been a potential threat for France and its expansion.

Here it is.

aaaahahahahahah

omfg im crying lmao

ahahahahah kek kekkus maximus bro ahahahahaahha

Chippers our lad

>IRISH VISITORS to Italy will no doubt have noticed that its national dish is not burger and chips. You do not swing onto Rome’s Via del Corso to be met by the smell of boiling oil. You do not sit down for dinner, and choose an antipasto of batter burger and onion rings. Which has always made it somewhat curious that the Italians in Ireland became renowned for their chippers, and that many of the names that were serving fish and chips half a century ago will still be serving snack boxes to peckish or drunken Irish this and every weekend

irishtimes.com/culture/books/how-fish-and-chips-enriched-a-nation-1.765095

seriously? so why does it look crappy on this pic?

Why? Looks bretty gud. Pic is a bit old though

The region is called Calabria

It looksbad, why did they paint buildings in such ugly colors?

Most of those blocks of flats were built in the 60s-70s and they had quite shitty taste in residential buildings back then

Irrelevancy, open-air museums, and tourism.

Milan was the worst city I visited in Italy.

Pretty confident I saw an old building from the Nazi occupation as well. It had the swatizka on the upper corners.

Also, I met a dog with tusks. A dog. With tusks.

Lots of traffic.
High prices (it was June 2008).
And smog.

Finally, I slept on a mattress that I'm sure had been used for prostitution the night before. There were condoms underneath it and it smelled like sex.

Lake Cuomo and that region was amazing though. Same for Monte Rosso and Florence. Venice was kind of a meme, but the 1€ gelato was great.
Rome had amazing history. Just really hot at the time. Seemed like there was a lot of anti-French butthurt as well. I saw some crowds destroying a renault.

what's the point of anything.......

really makes you think . . .