Why doesn't Argentina just send a bunch of immigrants to the Falklands...

Why doesn't Argentina just send a bunch of immigrants to the Falklands? They won't need that many to outnumber the local populaion.

Because the FIG (Falkland Islands Government) restricts immigration from Argentina.

is it only restricted to argies or Latinos in general?

God damn, so many years have passed and the people in Argentina haven't thought about this simple solution? God damn, man, you and your genious ideas will take you far. Illuminate us, USA-chan

there's some chileans living there but i have no idea how many

No, there a few chileans living there.

Just Argies AFAIK.

What's the point if they would still be under british rule?

Because they are traitors

Why would Argentina send people to a place that doesn't exist?

Wow that's racist. Someone should tell them how intolerant and bigoted that is, especially against Argentine Muslims

>Because they are traitors
know dad

desu Argies are among the list of countries that can enter Visa-exempt to the falkies. It's not that they're banned or anything.

But didn't say Argies were banned? Which is true??

He means that we can visit the islands as tourists...

Ok so they should go as tourists then stay there too long and become illegal immigrants

Flawless plan.

Replace "Britain" with "America" and "Falklands" with "California" and sameshit.

There's like 200 people there, just hide out somewhere on the island and kill the bongs in their sleep.

Less than 3k people live in the Falklands, man, it wouldn't be easy to hide desu.

no, i hate the cold

yeah, well you're gay

no mate, he's chicano, Uruguay is somewhere else

Is that how you managed to get to America lad?

Shut up big New Zealand. Go mind your own big new zealand business.

this is actually a bretty good plan t b h

They would be quite simply detected and deported; keep in mind that there are 1,300 British military personnel stationed on the islands (and according to the 2012 census, the islands have a population of 2,932 people).

Hey, go find somebody else to bash on stupid uncivilised American Indian

o shit niggas two polinesians are fighting
who shall win, Rapa Nui or Maori?

Why are britains so interested in those islands

it's got oil

*?

Kek

Oil, and the fact that it's generally just entertaining to have Argentina keep threatening us over it.

I challenge you to a boomerang fight, cunt, you'll have to lend me one, as I don't have one, though.

Also, the UK hardly sees any of the oil money. But you can be sure that if the UK stopped defending the islands, and let Argentina have them, then the Falklands would see much, much less of the oil money than they do now.

FIGHT ME FAGGOT

Some relation with Power Projection ?

Not really, we've got the South Georgia Islands and Tristan da Cunha relatively nearby for Atlantic Operations. It's more just a mutual relationship that benefits the Falklanders and the UK.

The primary reason has always been that they are geostrategically relevant. The islands are the gateway to Antarctica (as a matter of fact the British Antarctic Survey has a base in Stanley, the capital of the islands) and also a strategic base to the South American mainland, which explains why they have so many military personnel over there (publicly they claim that it is to deter any aggression, however Argentine forces are basically worthless and inoffensive nowadays). The islands may also have an undetermined amount of oil reserves, however some studies have been inconclusive in that respect.

because >muh british empire

theres literally no reason to keep them but for maintain some of their ancestors power

>South Georgia Islands and Tristan da Cunha
Neither of which are as close to the South American mainland, nor as large to host a significant military base.

>Neither of which are as close to the South American mainland
nor to the Antarctican mainland
in the end it's more about that piece of sea than about those pieces of rock

The penguins need looking after.

wtf i hate england now!

That's our idea. Every year the percentage of chileans in these islands is higher