What does a typical house in your country look like? In Norway pic related is a typical house

What does a typical house in your country look like? In Norway pic related is a typical house.

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/homes/for_sale/MI/2097496488_zpid/30_rid/46.868172,-89.368973,46.230678,-90.599442_rect/9_zm/?3col=true
zillow.com/homes/for_sale/MI/2124755126_zpid/30_rid/globalrelevanceex_sort/46.881784,-88.001862,45.337667,-90.954437_rect/8_zm/
beskrivningar.capitex.se/allimagelist.aspx?guid=3V0BDD4GJE8DNT6O&typ=CMVilla&skin=MaklarnaEkstrom
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is it made of plywood or wood?

it's made of wood glued together with your mum's juices

Wood of course.

Is it much cheaper than using brick?

We have an abundance of wood in Norway, so probably cheaper. It looks much better than brick too.

It's either this or commieblocks (sometimes covered with colourful isolation panels).

Here new houses usually look like this, they are made of big blocks of ceramic bricks

Something like this.
Kinda boring tbqh.

>tfw nearly nobody builds half timber houses anymore ;_;

It is easier to maintain? (paints, woods)
I am considering these design and materials to my new house here.

The German one I posted is build like the Pole said. It is made from stone and later plasterd(? pic related)
Only thing you ever have to do is to paint it every 10-15 years or so when the color does not look that nice anymore because of rain and sun.

I see. Does these new type houses have deep drilled "piling"(?) foundation?

I would totally go for wood myself, but you have to know what your're doing, isolation, wood treatment and so on.

And make sure to go for wooden panels inside, not those horrendous plaster panels you americans are so fond of.

meant for

Middle class America

Imagine this with a golden retiever playing fetch with a young boy on the front lawn as a mother and father watch on from the porch lovingly. Average white American family.

Foundation is not that important here since we don't have much earthquakes or what ever.
Nearly every house here got an basement. Down there you dig tranches that you fill up with concret and on top of that you put another massive layer of concret (pic related) that is also the floor of your basement.

This isn't average in usa tho. But seems like good examples of the architectural style preferred in USA.

>plasterd

Houses get plastered on the inside, and stucco on the outside.

Average house here costs around $190,00, those in those pics would be around $230,00 and up.

my pretty typical house

>red
Every fucking house is red in this country.

upper middle class

FUCK

Where exactly does that house cost 230k? Not saying that you're lying, but my impression of the average home in USA is very different. Should I do a google earth random scroll down to a random populated area? I can do it many times to see how the average house looks like. Pic related, first try.

i've seen plenty of baby blue houses

This is a typical portuguese neighbourhood

kek

2nd

3rd
I checked to see if this one was just an abnormal bad house, but it seems like 90% of washington DC is similar to this

This is somewhere totally random on long island

Memes aside this is how houses in the south look like, very cute and simplistic. Since it almost never rains there and most of the southerners are manlets there's no need to build big stuff.
They are also very comfy and really fresh in summer

5th
Best one yet, somewhere in chicago

>Where exactly does that house cost 230k?

Most places in the Midwest outside of major cities, where most people live.

You can Google the average price of a house here, and you can look at real estate web sites in the Midwest and see what the average price buys you.

In my area the house in your pic would be around $100,000, this house in my pic is $12,000 near me.

This one is probably average size.
I build houses.

the "american dream" everyone

If that big house is anywhere near Chicago it is 4 X the average price of a house on average

>the "american dream" everyone

A $40,000 house?
Not really a dream

I'll try midwest then.

Haha, this pic related is extreme, it was somewhere in texas. I realize this is way below average, but it was funny to land on such a street.

Midwest here. Random place. I hit a few corn fields at first, but here is number 7.

makes me wanna move to America straight away

This is the nicest yet.

It's way outside indianapolis, in some suburb

But then I zoomed out and saw that I had actually landed on what seems like the nicest street for this area. So even tho this is a random sample, it doesn't seem average for the area. The other streets were filled with more similarly to the pictures above.

Check this one out, I hope this links works
This is what you can get for $49,900 near me

zillow.com/homes/for_sale/MI/2097496488_zpid/30_rid/46.868172,-89.368973,46.230678,-90.599442_rect/9_zm/?3col=true

No a lot are white, yellow and red

rintamamies talo
aka frontlineman house

This pic related house seems very cozy, from the same area. $223,700 a cozy house but far from the standard of those posted by you or another american further up in this thread.

zillow.com/homes/for_sale/MI/2124755126_zpid/30_rid/globalrelevanceex_sort/46.881784,-88.001862,45.337667,-90.954437_rect/8_zm/

typical newer house in belgium

That one is on a lake, that is why it is expensive.
Lake Michigamme is a nice lake, you could have your own boat dock with that house, and be close to Lake Superior

for middle class this kind of houses are pretty common

looks like they belong to the northern hemisphere.

Ok, fair enough.

do they?

On lake Superior that house would over 1 million if near a city.

Found this ugly house near me

Do they buy them or do they rent them?

*sniffs cow manure*
SO YOU BE SAYIN
*drives a tracktor*
THERE BE SUM WRONG WITH
*marries girl from next door*
IN RED OCHRE PAINT AND SHIEEEEEEET
*votes the centre*

Might as well live in a fun way.

Like in this lighthouse.

architecturally.

Or this old nunnery, fuck me this is cosy.

beskrivningar.capitex.se/allimagelist.aspx?guid=3V0BDD4GJE8DNT6O&typ=CMVilla&skin=MaklarnaEkstrom

they buy them, usually they are in a condominium

Too soon, but keked.

My parent's house was red, but they painted it white when they bought it. It sticks out a lot since almost all other houses around it are red lmao.

>when you buy a house from the sharply dressed man but then realize that he used lasagna instead of proper materials

Hard to define, because there are so many types of houses here, ranging from 16th century canal houses to post-modern shoeboxes.

City centers mostly consist of old red brick canal/town houses from the 16th-19th century, unless it bombed like Rotterdam or it's a newly constructed city like Almere.
City suburbs are a mixed bunch with new and old together. Lots of social housing which mostly consists of post-war apartments and row houses.

Villages are often a mix bunch between and old and new. Lots of older buildings with a few newer ones added.
Around village centers you have everything. Row houses for the working class or for those who bought their first house, semi-detached houses for the middle class and detached for the upper middle class.

Farmers usually live in large 100+ year old brick farm houses, often with a thatched roof. The latest meme is to convert old farm houses to luxury villa's. They're called a woonboerderij (residential farm).