/lang/ : language and linguistics

What languages do you speak ?
What languages are you learning? Why ?
What languages would you like to learn if possible ?

Me :
I speak English and French
I learn German and a tiny bit of Russian
I'd like to know Latin, Ancient Greek, Spannish, Swedish and Irish.

Rate, and give suggestions to others

turkish and english knowing user, learning spanish, plans to learn german in the future

I am for some reason interested in hebrew

I will be learning spanish and german for both professional purposes

it would also be nice to know japanese or korean

>I'd like to know Latin, Ancient Greek, Spannish, Swedish and Irish.
absolutely useless

>What languages do you speak ?
Native French, C1 English
>What languages are you learning? Why ?
Italian B1 (muh heritage), Russian A1 (russiaboo)
>What languages would you like to learn if possible ?
German, studied it at school but forgot everything.
Japanese or maybe Korean because why not.
Spanish, could not be very hard so fuck it.

I speak English and Irish
I was learning Russian and sometimes on and off Polish (Polish gf)
I'd love to know Polish through and through, more than likely my kids will be speaking it.

Greek and English.B2 certificate in german though doesn't mean shit as i have abandonded the language.

None atm

I will have the option of kinda exotic languages like hebrew,arabic,turkish e.t.c in my uni department,not sure which one.Will think about it carefully

I wasted so much time learning latin only to read a few poems and shug it all away, don't fall for the ancient languages meme, lads, it's not worth it.
I want to start Spanish, whats the best way to go about it? I would also love to hear openions/experiences of those who studied
>italian
>portugese
>arabic

Great m8, exotic languages are nice
I'd have added Mandarin or Arabic to my list just for the caligraphy tbqh.

But muh Latin heritage ! And my grandma has a shiton of books in Latin and Ancient greek, including a pretty nice Bible in original greek. I want to read them someday.

>useless
What would be the fun/appeal if they were useful ?

Spanish and english.
I am actually studying portuguese, and before that i was into russian, but i dropped it because i saw no future in it, so i just know the basics.

>russiaboo
Me too, with what do you learn ? I use two books (Assimil + Méthode 90) and sometimes Duolingo or the RT website.

Native German, English C1, French B2, maybe C1, Latin
Trying to improve my French, but currently none, since school has finished two months ago and I'll go to university soon
Spanish and Portuguese, have actually tried Portuguese a year ago, but wasn't motivated enough to continue; an Asian language since it's probably good for my future job

Had Latin at school for 8 years, I always liked it and I was/am very good at it, but you really have literally no use for it in today's world, but I feel so well educated being able to translate it, so it's worth it if you're interested, or if you like the linguistic side of language

pleb
greek is better for fiction imo, Homer; Hesiod; Aeschylus; Sophocles Euripedes and so on.

Latin has great stuff too though, especially Virgil.

rus- native.
english - can to read something like 'well-cultured-anonymous' and 'my twisted world [by the supreme jentleman] '

german - mayBe somewhere between A1 and A2.
Can I improve german to b1-b2 before April?
I think about investing whole time, which wasted during studs english, to only german.

Albanian, english, some serbo-croat, a lil greek, some italian and spanish, id like to learn fluent italian, spanish, greek and german

German, English, Greek and some Russian.

Russian.

I don't have anything in mind.

>separating the question mark from the last word

FRENCH ANONS STOP DOING THIS PLEASE

only duolingo, didn't really learned since a few months, might use memrise or something

sry late answer breh

German, English, (Latin in school, but that certainly doesn't count)
non atm
Russian, Dutch

Néveur !

Oh and I forgot, that I consider learning Arabic some time in the future.
Not for the sake of assimilating to New Germans, but rather cause it's seriously interesting

тpyc

English, Spanish, Esperanto

Korean, for fun and to live in South Korea

Portuguese, Japanese, Russian

Also somewhat interested in Tagalog, Vietnamese, and Chinese

вы-coк

POP
POP
KEU
RE
YONG
POP

I'll just direct this message to all of the above, although I'm aware you're probably samefaggin.

I realized language learning is much easier and much more fun, when reading books in the desired language.
How hard do you guy(s) think, is Russian literature of, lets say, late 19th century?
Is at least grasping the content realistic for ~B1?

싫어

>Is at least grasping the content realistic for ~B1?
maybe realistic but your lack of knowledge wont let you understant content fully

>being this ambitious
relax man, enjoy life

makes sense

dostoevskys novels are a reason for themselves to learn russian t.b.h

>samefaggin
no, i'm not

I speak English, Turkish, and Esperanto

Learning: Spanish because it's useful in the United States. Just moved here a couple of years ago.

I would like to learn French or maybe another conlang like Klingon.

I've same question Goethe's Faust : my a1-a2 level doesn't let to read things like Goethe's Faust.
And, what should I do for solving of this problem?
maybe, begin to read books for children?

Are you interested in (good) literature in general or just Faust?
From my experience Goethe is just especially shitty to read, even for myself.
So yeah you can read books for children but there is "easy to read literature" as well.
Theodor Fontane or Kafka are good examples of interesting but easy to read stuff.

Also you'll get used to the style of Goethe, just don't waste your time on trying to understand every single verse, since most of them don't carry any content at all and are just descriptions of nature etc.

>Klingon

Kial?

Ĉar ekde mia infaneco mi ŝatis televidserion: Stela Vojaĝo. Mi ŝatas la klingonan kulturon, certe kiel aperis pli moderne sub Picard kaj Janeway.

>in general
Oh, I'm still try to read 'Faust' for search of common grammar construction.
What do you think about learning pf two languages at the same time[together] : during this week I'm trying to not using russian in writing form.

Mi ankaŭ ŝatas tiun televidprogramon.

Mi ne lernus la klingonan tamen. Vi povas fari ion ajn, kion vi volas, kompreneble. Mi pli interesiĝas pri aliaj projektoj kiel la tokipona kaj loĵabana. Ĉu tiaj lingvoj ne interesigas vin?

Plue, Cardassia > all

constuctions
*fix*

I have never learned 2 languages at the same time, I can't help you with that.

I'm not sure whether Faust is the best thing to start with, with the intention to learn basic grammatical structures.
It's basically a huge poem

Mi divenis ke oni, esperntistoj, amus la tamarian-eksterteruloj. Ili aperis en la plej interesa epizodo pri lingvoscienco en Stela Vojaĝo.

Min ne interesas la tokipona kaj la loĵbana multe. Eble iam mi lernos tokiponan sed ne baldaŭ. Akademie mi interesiĝas pri Ithkuil.

>portuguese, spanish, english
>german, russian; idk

oh thanks

beni de alsana .d.d

bijî bijî kürdistan! erdoğan faşist! ))))