Would you recommend any good book from your country user?

Would you recommend any good book from your country user?

Pedro Paramo
What can you recommend me from poland? I really like Lem

Stuff by Jaan Kross is breddy gud. The Czar's Madman, The Wikman Boys, Prof. Marten's Departure.

don't bother with the sequels though.. uninspired cash-grabs

Bhagavad Gita

Literally every single notable work of history in the past 50 years has been penned by an Englishman.

Der Prozess - Franz Kafka

That's not how you spell American.

Der Einzige und sein Eigentum

german is an spook, desu

>mostly filler
>full of deus ex machina
>written by daydreaming hacks in caves
2/10 i'll take the rebuild one thanks

>Kader Abdolah - Het huis van de moskee
>Thea Beckman - De Thule trilogie
>Harry Mulisch - Het stenen bruidsbed/De ontdekking van de hemel
>Herman Koch - Het diner

>pic
Reminds me of this guy. Also >I never asked for this

Unironically the Quijote, but you have to read it in spanish.

The original Don Juan (actually named El Burlador de Sevilla) is very good too, and anti-degeneracy unlike every other work protagonized by the character.

>Anglosaxons actually believe this

Many British and American historians rarely tend to bother checking out German, French or other European historical debates on topics which are either their own or related to them.

Here are some examples of extremely innovative studies or major revisionist and synthesizing studies which massively changed the way we interpret history and which are not English. Some of them even radically altered the ways in which historical reality is actually perceived or framed.

>Edward Said - Orientalism
>Fernand Braudel - The Mediterranean and the Mediterranean World in the Age of Philip II
>Michel Foucault - The Discourse on Language, The Birth of the Clinic, the History of Sexuality
>Ute Frevert/Heinz-Gerhard Haupt - New Political History: Perspectives of historical political studies
>Steinmetz/Haupt - Writing Political History today
>Emmanuel Le Roy Ladurie: Montaillou
>Carlo Ginzburg - Cheese and the Worms
>Jürgen Kocka's and Hans-Ulrich Wehlers studies of the Bielefeld school
>Reinhart Koselleck's History of concepts
>Alain Corbin, Village of Cannibals, Histories of smell and sound
>Pierre Nora- Places of memory
>Maria Todorova: Imagining the Balkans

As someone who is specializing in what can roughly be called political history and memory/monument culture, German contributions and innovations in the fields of nationalism, memory, politics and political communication are often overlooked by their Anglosaxon counterparts.

t. history student

Literally no.

Huasipungo by Jorge Icaza
It probably is the most well know ecuadorian novel. I think its a really great book. If you want a proletarian novel (with the indians as a the opressed class) and learn about the model of plantations that used indians as practically slaves (the huasipungo). you wont be dissapointed.
It´s not very long either and the edition i have opens each chapter with a painting by Oswaldo Guayasamin (an awesome painter, i must say, probably the best Ecuador ever had)

>implying anyone on Sup Forums has the use for this book

Yes, especially in social sciences, Anglo academics will only rely on some English-language circlejerk, while discarding all foreign works of equal, or sometimes superior, merit.

In my field (which enters in what you described), I personally consider German contributions as more important than anything written in English.

Pretty much yeah. It took Anglos years to catch up with French semiotics, structuralism. postmodernism and literary criticism from the likes of Barthes or Derrida.

It's also funny how English books on historiography pretty much skip Koselleck and start with describing muh Cambridige school of Pocock and Skinner.

Lel you wish. You are not italian.

not so much a story about beatniks as a telling of every american who ever wanted to get out of town and finally travel the US

Dictionary of the Khazars.
Encyclopedia of the dead
Death and the Dervish
Bridge over Drina
The Knife

Or if you like fantasy

Wolves of Destiny/Vukovi Sudbine

Los Vecinos Mueren en las Novelas
La Saga de los Confines (Saga of the Borderlands): The Days of the Deer, The Days of Shadow, The Days of Fire.