Why are Americans such teaboos?

Why are Americans such teaboos?

>Americans worship British "culture"
>Bongs themselves are inbred retards who do nothing but insult us

My people are still not free of tyranny. King George's island must be vanquished for good.

I don't drink tea and desu buds

Brits think they know their tea but they are just babbies that only drink a single crappy kind of tea with FUCKING SUGAR.
Literal plebs.

Are you suggesting most Americans are obsessed with British culture? Where do you get these ideas, Nigel?

ayup pal you best not be talking shit about pg tips

Fucking what? What th hell makes you think that?

>pg tips
Off yourself you plebeian melt.

We don't know much about your culture in general outside from vague ideas of tea and uptight posho nonsense. Some of the same women who find the Kardashians compelling like to read about the royal family, but that's about the extent of our obsession.

>british culture
>into the harbor it goes.jpg

-

>teaboos

I just like British electronic music.

I watched alot of british movies on netflix, than I realized that most of them are about british gangs that push the police around and run low income neighborhoods. And in the heart of Britain they don't do shit about the crime or the ghettos. And they like to boss people around every now and then when they get Royal approval from the queen....I just want to live in nice fantasy cottage in the country, is that so much to ask.

As a former Britfag, I can tell you that we are much more obsessed with the states than they are with us. Americans just have a general positive feeling about Britain. They don't actually give it that much thought. The British, on the other hand, think and speak about America constantly. They are obsessed with American culture, politics, media, etc.

Hatred of England during the 19th century periodically flared up and had to be restrained by war or treaty settlement. The cancer had spread alarmingly by the 1840s.

Anti-British sentiment had many root causes. At bottom lay the lingering memory of 1776 and 1812. In addition, the Anglophile Federalists had died out and given way to the boisterous Jacksonian Democrats. British travelers, with a high degree of European snobbery, expressed a low opinion of American culture with its unrefined, frontier manners, slave trading, and tent revival religion. Angry polemics were penned by writers on both sides of the Atlantic. British writers like Charles Dickens were particularly irate at the lack of royalties they were receiving from the US, as copyright law did not apply to foreign works until 1891. All that and the fact that Britain in mid-century was the financial center of the world and the US had borrowed considerable sums from London to fund infrastructure improvements. Debt slavery to Britain did not encourage warm feelings either, and the Panic of 1837 also resulted in many American businesses defaulting on their loans.

That same year, a republican rebellion broke out in Upper Canada (Ontario) which had no real popular support or chance of succeeding, however hotheaded American volunteers determined to fund and support it away. A steamer, the Caroline, sailed up the St. Lawrence River carrying supplies destined for the Canadian rebels. A British garrison along the river fired on the Caroline and sank her. Afterwards, American newspapers ran lurid paintings depicting the boat plunging over Niagara Falls in flames as women and children on the deck screamed in terror (in reality, the Caroline had sank some distance short of Niagara Falls and only one American died).

t. so obsessed with yanks he moved there
you might not be the best barometer of public opinion m8.

Nonetheless, Washington waged frantic, but futile protests. Three years later, a Canadian named McLeod was arrested in a New York tavern for boasting that he had been among the British garrison that fired on the Caroline. He was charged with murder, but the London Foreign Office declared that his execution would be construed as an act of war by the United States. As a result, McLeod was acquitted by a New York jury and released. In 1841, British officials in the Bahamas offered amnesty to 130 slaves who had revolted and captured the US ship Creole.

I've lived on both sides of the Atlantic, so I've got a fairly decent reading of public opinion. As I said, Americans generally feel positively about Britain, but they don't really care or think about it. The British are America-obsessed. I, myself, am a bit of an Ameriboo. Left Britain and never looked back.

Tea sucks though.
So does Coffee

Wake up with a nice glass of orange juice, or a good cold cup of water.

fair enough. I'm a bit of an Ameriboo myself, too, but couldn't imagine actually living there. Too far from home and the culture feels too alien. From where in the UK to where in the States if I may ask?

Went from Peterborough to South Carolina. Honestly, I love it here. Wouldn't ever consider a move back.

Makes sense :^)

nice. next on my list is a prolonged roadtrip through the South and some flyovers 2bh. I've been to 8 states over 5 trips, but all the standard ones. Want to get off the beaten path a bit.

My friend lives there too and loves it. Different strokes I guess.

In the early 1840s, a serious row developed over the border of Maine. The St. Lawrence River is icebound for five months of the year, making it easy to cross on foot. For this reason, the British wanted to keep the area secure from possible American incursion, so they planned a road westward from Halifax to Quebec, but it ran through an area disputed with the US for many decades. Canadian and American lumberjacks, each determined to claim the region for themselves, got into small scale clashes and militia had to be called in. The possibility of a real war loomed large.

In 1842, London dispatched financier Lord Ashburton, an amateur diplomat with an American wife, to meet Secretary of State Daniel Webster and work out this disputed. After an intense debate in the hot, humid Washington summer weather, the two agreed on a boundary settlement. The US got to keep 7000 of the 12,000 square miles of disputed territory, more than Britain kept, but the British retained the area with the planned military roadway. Ashburton and Webster also agreed to forget about the Caroline incident and not let it continue to complicate Anglo-US relations.

The Webster-Ashburton Treaty was widely criticized in Maine as the locals felt they had been cheated out of their rightful land, but Daniel Webster produced an ancient 18th century map proving that in fact the entire area was rightfully British territory. With that, the treaty quickly passed through Congress.

British officials felt the opposite; they'd been cheated out of their rightful clay, but someone in the London Foreign Office found another old map apparently proving that the disputed area was rightfully American. In fact, it has been proven since then that it was indeed American territory, although the British, eager for the Halifax Route, would not have liked to hear it at the time.

An overlooked bonus of the treaty was a small adjustment of the Minnesota border in the west, which unknowingly yielded the US the valuable Mesabi Iron Mines.

Only thing I dislike is the blacks. They behave like animals, but at home I'd be dealing with the Asians. Also, it can take some effort to find decent cheese. Other than that, the states is loads better in almost every way.

it's ALL rightful British clay though