Rice

>rice
>beans
>cheese bread
Brazillian cuisine is literally just side dishes.
Wtf?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carminative
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the amount of American one dinner is literally japanese month dinner
wtf

>Brazilians are beaners too

That's just the base stuff m8.
We don't eat that plain, we stuff it with meat and vegetables.

Well just look at the nips.
They have the appetite of a goldfish.

The full meal would be rice, beans, steak, french fries. Or replace fries with a salad. Possibly add veggies.

Seems that our meal is exactly the same

>french fries
That's not traditional!

The base is always rice and beans, then we can add the salad, fish, red meat and pork to go with it. Fries are usually not that typical. Pic related is still the best one, regardless.

Is pastel the Brazilian hot pocket?
Is this what Brazilian janitors eat?

>dissing based farofa
Have you told your parents you're a faggot yet, or did they always know?

What the fuck is farofa?
We don't eat that shit in the first world.

It's popular as a street food, I never heard of microwavable pastel. The deep frying is what makes it.

Pastel, pão-de-queijo, coxinha... pão-de-queijo for breakfast, coxinha for lunch.

>We don't eat that shit in the first world.
Apparently you're literally eating shit in the United States, those sharts don't lie.

And they don't eat plastic cheese or sad rectangular sponge-bread.

Rice, black beans, farofa and fries are a great base for any decent slab of meat. Picanha especially.

Don't hate us cause you ain't us

I can't remember the last day I didn't eat meat with some meal

>Pão-de-queijo
Never had that. Looks/Sounds delicious.
>Coxinha
Those are great. Surprised we don't see a lot of them, but you can still find some here and there. A worthy addition to the classic Rissol/Bolo-de-bacalhau/croquette trio.

Checked

Hey brazilians.
Would you guys say this is traditional/typical in brazil?

>another thread about brazil

must be nice...getting so much attention

And so are Anglos.

Ummmmmmmmmmm it looks ok but something feels off.
I'm not a brazilian cúîsìñë expert but I never saw breakfast waffles. I personally eat bread with ham/cheese and drink juice/coffee.
Our breakfasts are pretty light.

kek it's because you guys are too autistic and never answer stuff properly.

>kek it's because you guys are too autistic and never answer stuff properly.
Agreed.
Maybe you guys could conversate more instead of being butthurt over the falklands and spamming the simpsons.

m8, I live in countryside and here we eat amazing foods using the rice and beens as base, for example chicken in turmeric sauce, galinhada with pequi (a regional fruit), steak, tropeiro beans, etc. All it is delicious

Bolo-de-bacalhau is delicious, my best appetizer tb.h, thanks for giving us this amazing food Portugal

>Bolo-de-bacalhau is delicious
True, but bacalhaus are rare, and non-Lusos still haven't discovered it's power. Best be careful not to sell it out and risk a high markup. We are very lucky that nobody else eats it.

I just learned the other day that Briagdeiros are from Brazil. I had no clue. Brazilian food is great. It tastes like it was made by a Portuguese palate forced to work with what he had in the tropics. Everything tastes great.

Is there paçoca in Portugal?

Whenever there's a Brazilian restaurant here it consists of a buffet salad bar and waiters coming round with big skewers of meat. Is this the norm ? Never really inspired me to go in t b h

That's a Rodízio, it's basically a buffet but the waiters bring the meat to you.
It's common here.

No, not really. I've had some brought over by family. Pretty nice, but I don't much enjoy non-chocolate candies.

Is that the more peanut-y one? That was my favourite out of 3 or 4 dried/powdery candy they brought.

Sounds like a rodizio to me, which is a specific type of venue/dinner experience here. Brazilian, definitely. But there's also typical restaurants that just serve Brazilian food.

Are you talking about a barbecue joint?
>Is that the more peanut-y one?
Yes

How can y'all eat pinto beans? I've made both black and pinto beans. Black is superior. But apparently pinto is the most popular?

by the way

>pinto beans
>black pinto is superior
You can't possibly be an American. lol

Pinto beans?

It must be a rodizio like above suggested. I really hate buffets though.

In all fairness I don't think Americans understand beans are suposed to be a side dish, not half the fucking meal.

Not if you are vegetarian :)

It's called carioca beans here and it's the most popular type, but I prefer black pint- I mean beans.

Kek. How do you guys deal with people with that surname? It just means "baby chicken" here.

>that blackface
kek we're fucking memes

Reminder that the best steak in the world in from Rio Grande do Sul, not Uruguay or shit Argentina, specially the latter, as they barely know how to make a half-decent churrasco.

Same way burgers deal with Dick I guess.

We usually mock people who have it

Why are there so many threads about Brazil lately? Is it because of the Olympics?

Fair enough

Also fair enough.

I don't think we have particularly funny names that aren't just rare oddities. I know there's some bloke living behind the hills called "Manuel Merda", which is kek-worthy, but sort of a meme.

government proxy damage control

This tbqh.

That actually sounds plausible.

We also make dirty jokes with "pinto", it's baby chicken, a surname and a eufemism for dick in here

We've also had a few for us in the past month, for some weird reason. Usually praising us, even. It's disconcerting.

Luso stocks are rising, apparently.

>rice
>beans
>cheese bread
>stuffed with pussy and ass

Well shit, am going to Brazilian restaurant

Then at least learn to use epazote so you won't be bloated with flatulence a good half of the day. It's maize all over again, people adopt our foods without bothering to think why we do things a certain way.

Folha de louro is better.

This

if you are a carioca yuppie maybe
otherwise a typical brazilian breakfast would be toasted marraqueta with butter and coffe mixed with milk. maybe some simple cakes.

damn
I ate there with my friend in LA
really delicious. although I think they put salitre in the meat.

>Then at least learn to use epazote
Explain please

Beans are known to make you flatulent, and since they are so typical in LatAm dishes (usually lunch meals), we use ezapote, or the Brazilian alternative "Folha de louro" as seen , balance the flatulence out, by putting it together with the beans when you are going to prepare it.

Oh nice, thanks. I live in London so should be able to find them

Additionally, they are very cheap, smell good, make ants fuck off your house, and you can grow one in your garden.

You can literally just put a couple of folha de loura leafs next to any sort of food you place in the open, like fruits, and no insects or ants will come close.

>folha de louro nao deixa peidar
>citation needed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carminative

I'm surprised all those properties - and even the plant - managed to survive over there, what with the different fauna and climate.

In rural areas here we usually have one per street, where people from the street just go ant take branches off when they need to restock.

>Os principais nutrientes da folha de louro são potássio, fibras, hidrato de carbono, vitaminas B6 e C, magnésio e ácido fólico, entre muitos outros. Com propriedades anti-inflamatórias, antirreumáticas, diuréticas, digestivas, hepáticas, expectorantes e estimulantes, a folha de louro é uma excelente opção para quem sofre de problemas digestivos como gastrite, úlcera, gases e inflamações no fígado. Serve ainda para aliviar cólicas menstruais, pois regula o fluxo e o ciclo menstrual, dores de cabeça, reumatismo, infecções de ouvido e na pele. Suas propriedades expectorantes a tornam remédios poderosos contra gripes e resfriados, pois limpam as vias respiratórias. Também é uma planta relaxante, reduzindo o estresse e a ansiedade.

That's what we do in my neighborhood.

Is that laurel? We use it for pork and Italian dishes

Epazote is a herb that we use when you'll be eating more than a small serving of beans, some people cook wit it or you can just add some, it's a carminative (there's a word you don't use often) which means it reduces to some extent the formation of gas. It is a bit of an acquired taste tbqh but it's pretty effective.

Yup, we use it for those too, and many other dishes. It also adds flavor, and keeps flavor if you freeze your food for the week. It's just great all around.

How do you guys prepare this?

I don't know why we eat this, desu.

What is that, rizoto?

Sorry, just read the filename. Pretty much like the picture shows.

Bacalhau? I don't know how to write it in Portuguese.

Honestly? Just type "Bacalhau" on google and follow the autocomplete, then add "recipe". You might need to translate it from Portuguese, but that shouldn't be too hard. There are a million recipes.

That one seems like one of the few Spanish recipes they use, though, so try going by bacalao. I think that pic is a basque dish, actually.

We eat that because it used to be pretty cheap food in Europe from something like the 16th to the 19th century, The Basques would go as far away as the coast of New England fishing for cod. Like many dishes of the poor it eventually became a delicacy once it became scarce. In Mexico we cook it Biscay style traditionally, a la Viscaina, which comprises the northern coast of Spain.

Best thing you can cook with Bacalhau is pic related. Even if it's not conserved in the proper way (the fish) it should still taste the same.

You can find it in Brazil, and good recipes are online. Try "bolos de bacalhau" or "pasteis de bacalhau" and you should be golden. None of the ingredients are particularly rare, with the exception of the actual fish.

Oh my FUUUUUUUUUUUCK I LOVE THESE

Bacalhau is such a funny thing. Children usually detest the taste of it, to later love it when they grow up. Bolinhos de bacalhau are ambrosia-tier.

Agreed. Bacalhau, brócoli and lots of other stuff are usually food that takes a while for the tongue to grab hold of the taste.

bacalhau is garbage

They look like "croquetas de pescado".

I've seen these in Spain, they're called croquetas in Spanish.

>broccoli

uw0tm8

Brócolis refogado com cenoura e cebola é 10/10.

We also have those fish croquetes here, and they aren't the same. Croquetes are good, but Bolos de Bacalhau are something else entirely.

I mean, I'm not one to like boiled bacalhau with olive oil too much - although I'm growing to it. The beauty of it is that it goes in a hundred different ways, and you're always bound to find one you like.

I used to like brocoli and now I don't. They taste bitter now.

Nice, I'll see if I can make them. Thanks for the info lad.

It's essentially the same method to prepare it, but with codfish instead of regular fish.

BROCCOLI IS DELICIOUS!

I hate broccoli, carrot, and vegetables in general, although I tolerate the lettuce-tomato-cucumber salad. If it wasn't for rice and beans my diet would be almost exclusively carnivorous, preferably red meat.

Well, the filling is also different, but the texture is similar. Hard to get that bacalhau stringy-ness, though.

Expand to lentils to add some variety. Green lentils fried with onion, louro salt and olive oil are GOAT.

Anytime, mate. The fish should look like the background in pic related, and feel very salty. You need to re-hydrate it from the day before in fresh water and switch it every 4 or so hours.

The final thing should feel lightly crusty on the outside, and creamy (almost puree-like) on the inside, with little bacalhau fibers giving it more consistency. It's sligthly spicy and should be eaten fresh, but not too hot. Fuck, I'm getting hungry.

Have fun.

you are disfunctional
Broccoli is the best vegetable

Brócolis goes well with batata recheada com bacon.

>onion
meant garlic*

fugg

>Green lentils fried with onion, louro salt and olive oil
Literally vomit-inducing just to imagine it.

Aside from the broccoli part, it looks good but too fat, I usually avoid pork. Never seen it before, and I wasn't expecting that to be a whole potato.lol

>Literally vomit-inducing just to imagine it.
Not onion, garlic. I corrected. They are very very good.

You can use normal ground beef (carne moída).

This guy.
Go choke on your fucking McDonald's.

>meu amigo gastou R$40,00 no mcdonalds

o que falar pra um ser desse

>McDonald's
Tried that once to never again, the plastic """""beef""""". That thing tastes like cancer on a bun. X-picanha is the real thing.

As if that changes anything, lentils alone are vomit-inducing.

Looks nice. You just boil the potato and fill it?

>o que falar pra um ser desse
Que não é mais teu amigo.

>picanha
>on a bun

>lentils
>vomit-inducing

Fucking degenerate. It's a good thing you don't waste any good food, desu.

>batata com casca
animais

É na casca que estão as vitaminas todas.

Tal como nas maçãs, nas bananas e nos rebuçados.