What do Brits think about Germany and Germans? Any animosity related to the War or the whole Brexit situation?

What do Brits think about Germany and Germans? Any animosity related to the War or the whole Brexit situation?

In Germany, Brits are mostly seen in a positive light. Our english classes definitely focussed on British history a lot, especially the rise and fall of the Empire. We read Dickens too if memory serves.

What about you Brits?

>In Germany, Brits are mostly seen in a positive light.
Thats not true, especially considering Brexit

Never liked Germany.

As a kid I was never interested in it as a place. Then Schumacher dominated F1 and I studied WW2 at school, so I've always been pre-disposed to dislike them.

Now I'm older, I have some admiration for their economic genius, manufacturing etc. But I still see them as a spiritual opponent.

Germans are just different to us, significantly so. I don't think we can ever be best buddies. We may have common goals, but we belong on seperate paths.

Like: Architecture, countryside, manufacturing, determination

Dislike: Language, cities, EU, lack of creativity

I like Germany and anything I say against Germany on here is always banter. Beyond memes most people like Germany.

I feel the same way.
Germany and Britain are complete oppsites.
We stand for everything that is good in the world while Britain is the opposite
For example, Germany stands for real industry like cars and machines, while Anglos preferes "fake" banking industry.
Germany stands for regulation and protection of customers while Anglos stand for deregulation and fucking up customers with shitty deregulated products
Germany stands for a society where everybody is equal while Britain stands for class opression
I could go on forever

Ahh yes, everything 'good in the world'

>Starting World Wars
>Forcing 3rd worlders en masse
>Autism
>Furfaggotry
>Volkswagen being lying cunts
>Techno nightclubs

BOMBER HARRIS, DO IT AGAIN!

you forgot furries m8

UK>GERMANY

>Starting World Wars
look, everybody makes mistakes
>Forcing 3rd worlders en masse
you were the one who voulentarly imported a bunch of commonwealthers to UK. We on the other hand never wanted the refugees, we were given no choice, they came on their own.

>Autism
>Furfaggotry
>Volkswagen being lying cunts
>Techno nightclubs
memes

Why are brits so stuck up?

CHING CHONG PING PONG

RICE CHANG WONG

People might have some "2 World Wars and 1 World Cup" banter with Germans, but it's not serious and I think most people would be friendly to them. In recent months the anti-EU lot don't really like Merkel, but that dislike won't extend to ordinary Germans unless you tell them that they only voted Brexit because they're an uneducated chav. Mostly we think about you in the same way as any other western European nation - no animosity besides a bit of banter, but no real love either.

If Brits are seen in a positive light in Germany then answer me this: why did I get 0 (zero) matches on Tinder when I was in Munich last week? Ok I actually got one match, but it was from an English girl in Munich so it doesn't count. Over here I get ~2 per day, so I was appalled and ashamed to be so unsuccessful in Deutschland.

The Celts don't really care about Germany at all. The English mostly like and respect them but they're seen as a bit robotic and humourless. There is a lot of subtle admiration because German are basically the forefathers of English language and culture, mixed with rivalry.

In older generations some still hate them over WW2 but they're dying now.

I don't think there is any animosity from Britain towards Germany because of the war, maybe a bit of light hearted banter, but that’s just in our nature. It was so long ago, & Brits don't see Germany today as being responsible for that. There’s some right shart posting twats on Sup Forums about the bombing during the war though. Rude.

There is a bit of animosity from some some Brits towards Germany since Brexit, but that is towards Brussels & the EU in general I think. That was there before & the reason we had the referendum. I voted for leave, but I personally love Germany. I've visited several times now for both work & pleasure. I got on really well with the German people & keep in touch with some friends I made there.

I like German sausage.

I can't stand Germany. Everything about them just rubs the the wrong way. Their language, their culture, the fact that they destroyed Europe with two devastating wars, etc.

Even thinking about Germany for too long makes me feel slightly ill.

Things I like about Germany:
Blonde beer
Bach/Beethoven/Brahms/Wagner
Bratwurst
Technology
German science
Herman Hesse
Baroque churches
Kant
Schopenhauer
Tangerine Dream
Kraftwerk

>Germans are just different to us, significantly so.

>English
>Anglo Saxon
>Literally German

>What do Brits think about Germany and Germans?

seem nice enough.

i like efficiency.

Saxons culturally dominated the island, they didn't displace the population.

And their culture was then thrown out in favour of the Norman invaders anyway.

The war is mainly just bantz, and only really hear it in football ("Two World Wars and One World Cup")

The standard german stereotypes apply here as well, generally seen as efficient, serious, hardworking etc.
so yea I guess those are admirable traits

I like Germany but I also think Britain is better than Germany

we're not
come home yellow man

Let's talk completely honest about this topic
We have a huge inferiority complex towards Britain and the Anglosphere
For the last 300 years, the time where Northern Europe started to observe global politics and economy, England was always ahead of Germany and managed to profit threw influence, rather it was due to science or colonies
They are literally the only people we ever envied in history
Every other nation appears childish for the German, but Brits were always like some bigger brother who did better than yourself

yea we look up to the germans in terms of economy and affluence etc. and sort of the engine of the EU, but france is seen as an equal that we always need to beat
it is pretty impressive the it leads europe after what it's been through in the last 100 years

>yea we look up to the germans in terms of economy and affluence etc.

I wonder for how long though. There are some srs issues with their economic model.

For me it's the other way around, Germany has always had the most powerful economy and army in Europe, always a nation to be envied and feared. They literally took on the whole world in WWII. Other European countries are weak by comparison. And they are impossible to beat at football.

>Saxons culturally dominated the island, they didn't displace the population.
>And their culture was then thrown out in favour of the Norman invaders anyway.

England is ethnically Anglo Saxon, the Normans only had an effect culturally, and even they were the descendants of Viking raiders.

I used to really like Germany and Germans, was a Germanboo desu but since the refugee situation and the EU stuff I've stopped being a Germanboo.

>They literally took on the whole world in WWII.

No they didn't. They went one at a time until they started losing and then everyone finished them off together. When Nazis invaded France they weren't fighting the USSR or the USA, just France and a small BEF force.

When they attacked Britain in 1940, Britain was alone except for help from its own Empire and Commonwealth plus some seriously pissed off fighter pilots from defeated continental Europe. USSR was still in a pact with the Nazis and the USA wasn't helping Britain yet.

Then they opened a single-front against the USSR with a surprise attack and only had to worry about fighting the Soviets, plus whatever damage the RAF could do. Then they started losing against Russia and tide turned, and only THEN did everyone attack the Germans at once.

The only time we ever mention Germany in school is the two world wars and German language lessons. Our football team also has a one-sided rivalry with Germany, I'm pretty sure that the German team doesn't give a shit about England.

As for how we perceive Germans, we generally see you as hard-working, serious people. Although the public opinion of your country has probably dropped a bit after the whole refugee thing.

The people are like robots in that they are extremely efficient and incapable of emotions and humour. Also Aldi and Lidl need to fuck off

No, it isn't. England is ethnically Briton, which are the dark haired "anglos" you see foreigners posting about. People in England with Germanic heritage were never a majority.

It's true the English are only about a third Anglo-Saxon, the rest a various Celtic mix. Culturally though we've retained a lot of Anglo-Saxon ways, more so than any Norman culture for the everyday man.

both of you have been the plague of the planet.

That's pretty arogant believing you can talk for the majority of Germans. How do you know we see them mostly in a positive light. I for my part don't care about them.

nice to be relevant though mehmet rape-baby

>I have some admiration for their economic genius
>Concentration camps
>Gastarbeiter
>erasure of their public debt by their CONQUERORS

wow, what a genius

>But I still see them as a spiritual opponent

they are literally the same ethnic group as you

>lack of creativity

you are a very creative people. Historically, germany has been at the forefront of progressive thinking.