FLASHLIGHTS ARE TECHNOLOGY

FLASHLIGHTS ARE TECHNOLOGY

Pic rel:
Nigger one has XM-L2 U3-3B emitter, 3.5A custom driver without PWM and with copper sinkpad soldered into the pill. Thermal protection circuit (60-65C), automatic shutdown on battery discharge (2.9V). Equipped with 3400mAh NCR18650GA 10A battery.

Gray one is standard XM-L2 U2-1B with 2.1A PWM driver, aluminium sinkpad with thermal paste between it and pill, warning feature on battery discharge (no automatic shutdown). It's using 2800mAh 18650 batt, also 750mAh 18350 battery if used with shorter tube (mostly for /edc/ purpose)

So, what kind of flashlights do you use, user? Did you flash the driver's microcontroller with custom firmware yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Bushnell-Pro-High-Performance-Flashlight-600-Lumens/49840416#read-more
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

oh nothing to see here thought you were talking about something else

What would you recommend for a good starter 18650 flashlight? I live in the USA my budget is around 50 bucks.. Is there anything I can get that will automatically shut off when the battery gets too low?

Convoy s2+ is the starter for pretty much every case. New batches (the ones with XP-L emitters) should have modified drivers that turn off when battery is too low. Old drivers were just lowering amps by half and notifying user with blinks that it's low.

>Convoy s2+
Thanks man :)

walmart.com/ip/Bushnell-Pro-High-Performance-Flashlight-600-Lumens/49840416#read-more

Uses 2 cr123 lithium batteries. Half press or full press (click) to activate it. Full, Low, and Strobe modes. Best flashlight I have ever owned and bought another in a lower brightness. I've tried those ebay trash that uses 18350 batteries and they don't compare at all to this walmart one.

18350s are better than cr123s, because of the higher voltage and higher max continuous discharge current. You've probably got shit emitters or shit drivers that couldn't use it in practice.
Also OP's flashlights cost like $9 (gray one) and $29 (black one). Gray one is able to generate about 800 lumes, while black one around 1400 lumens.
There also cheap as fuck 1800/2000 lumen flashlights... S2+ with 3xXP-L v3 for example.

>You've probably got shit emitters or shit drivers that couldn't use it in practice.
lel ok whatever makes you feel better. This is highly reminiscent of vape nation threads

It's not about what makes me feel better. It's a fact. If a flashlight is using 4.2V battery capable of drawing 6 Amps (2C) this gives you 25 Watts of power.
CR123As are like 3V and 1A?

>muh teledildonics

monkeys have no place here. if you insist on being a pervert at least don't make it my problem.

unfunny. kys

Fenix Tk09 is my nigga, it's a really good flashlight. Tho the UC 30 could be awesome as it has a battery with it and a usb port of charging

>as it has a battery with it and a usb port of charging
that's really neat. I was thinking of getting one of olights that had microusb for charging. Doesn't it make it less waterproof tho?

>tfw no gentoo-powered flashlights

nah, it has flaps on the side and 3 come on the box, however i only have the TK09 from which i can say 100% that it's water proof and L18 3500U batteries that also have usb

My EDC is zanflare F1, annoy the neighbors light is some 2,000 lumen Chinese thing with 26650, SHTF light is 1300 lumen 26650 light

>2,000 lumen Chinese thing with 26650
is it XHP70 based?

Pretty sure

rude

i have an app in my phone for that and i dont usually need it.

That wastes battery and there are certain places that are inhospitable to phones

>So, what kind of flashlights do you use, user?
Also mostly Convoys. Some XM-L2 and XP-L Hi, mostly around 5000k or 6000k color temperature (had warm white before but the occasional photograph makes it easier to use lamps with ~the same color temperature as my photography flash).

Turn off your trip.

Since you've enabled your tripcode, tell me more about yourself.
I'll decide to either whitelist or blacklist you.

Surefire for anything I want to have actually work. Fenix otherwise for rechargeables. Looking at maybe getting an elzetta since it can use 18650 batteries out of the box.

>So, what kind of flashlights do you use, user?
One I bought from ebay for $2.5 Works decently honestly, uses a 18650 housefire.

>tfw the botnet don't want me to see

Emisar D4 XP-L HI V3 1A, 6500K
Emisar D1S XP-L HI V2 5D, 4000K
Thrunite TC-12 Cool White
Armytek Elf C2 Warm

Samsung 30Q batteries in the D4/D1S

>doesn't have the panasonic meme green 18650s

disdain for plebs

Out of interest, what're the most powerful flashlights on the market? I want a device that'll incinerate the retinas of everybody in a 3-mile radius.

I like flashlights and all, but I'm sorry, wtf does a flashlight ever need a fucking custom firmware??

Go to candle power forums. Probably a spotlight diy.