Buy 12 GTX 1070 GPUs

>Buy 12 GTX 1070 GPUs
>Mine on them
>Live alone in a rented house for $600 every month
>Only bills and rent to pay for
>I hardly eat or drink
Give me one reason I can't do this while being a NEET?

As a neet, it would be difficult to afford that many cards.

Well I have the money to buy more than 30 GTX 1070s

The inherent problem with mining--or any money generating venture in general, is that only the people who are capable of doing it at a macro scale profit off of it.

They may be only making $10 for each GPU, but when you have 100 GPU's, then it adds up.

I've calculated with electricity I make about $16000 per year profit from mining on 12 GTX 1070s.

Calculate again. I'd be happy with £500 for one equiv GPU for a year, and that is ignore electrical costs

What kind of mobo and cpu do you use for those cards?

I've recalculated and its $20k per year. Right now I'm mining on one GPU and its already making me quite some money per month.

Post calculator

Also please share some build resources, looking to get started with a small set-up myself.

if you want to take the risk that a 300 billion $ business goes unregulated for two years in a row then go ahead

I will make my returns in about 4-5 months, after that everything is profit.

800+ billion currently

>20k
(-) 6288 for 12 of the cheapest 1070, pny $524, in stock at newegg, right now
(-) the cost for motherboards, psu's, etc.
(-) electricity

how much did it really leave you with senpai?
not to mention the very real possibly of the bubble popping and the cryptos coming down.

Yes I've calculated that already, $8000 for the cost of 2 rigs, I make returns in 4-5 months, and $20k profit a year. I've caluclated everything in, electricity.

at that's for a full 24/7 year.
dunno if these cards can run for that long without a single failure.

I'm mining with my 6 1080TIs. I have them in my mom's store, business electricity is only 6 cent per kwh

There's warrentee
Damn you must be making bank. You use nicehash or what you mining?

Nvidia cards are horrible for mining, aren't they?

Been mining since June. Have four cards right now online 3 offline. Buy a asrock mobile that supports 6 pcie 1x or 16x doesn't matter.

Cheapest cpu and 4gb of ram.

Dont cheap out on psu.

With 570's you can reach 30 mh/s with flashed bios. You can calculate how much you earn on cryptocompare.com

I'm mining etc and I keep some and trade some

Hope that helps

so
=
14288 (total investment for the system)

assuming 24/7 without a hic

profit

without a single black, failure, parts replacement, or price variations

i'd make more just by quitting smoking.

have you calculated the cost of rope for when/if meme coin prices crash?

btw

black out*
and adjusted rate for your electricity utilities, dunno which country you're from, but in mine that would make it impossible, since they'd bump me up to industrial levels where I would need to start buying electricity at the futures market auction, or pay the premium flags (more than triple domestic consumer level)

hahaha not yet, I'll add in the helum tank + bag.
Its unlikley these parts will even falter in the first year, and warentee covers my ass if I ever need to replace them so soon. I'm a crpyto trader at 18 Year old, I have $17000, yes I'm not kidding, and I want an income where I live off being a NEET.

5712/12

476 month
I hope your folks still pay your rent.

I was thinking of maybe reusing an old Nox 650W PSU and only one card to start with.

For some reason I can get a 580 for about the same price (within 10€) as a 570.

Can you share any resources about bios flashing? I see a lot of terminology I just don't understand when I look this up.
What the fuck does +150/+500 75% TDP even mean?

This was my performance after cashing out a few days ago

If I mine, on 12 1070 I'll make $1,683.87 a month, more than enough to pay rent. This includes electricity. So I'll just need to pay rent and bills which should be easy for me to pay off.

about that warranty,
gogle
gpu warranty crypto

>I hardly eat or drink
>Only bills and rent to pay for
you literally live like a fucking plant

yeah I'd doubt that a GPU will just die even from a year from mining though, that an undervolting a gpu will make it last even longer

pls stop wasting electricity and hardware on speculation. thx.

B-but need more monies :(

no you won't "make" 1.6k a month.
you right off the investment cost right off the bat.
your real profit is 476/month under the best possible scenario (minus the electrical bill on top of that), since that jpeg didn't include those costs.

Its $1692 a month in profit, this includes the electricity. I make $1980 - $288. $288 is the lectricity I have to pay off.

Minus the cost of the hardware

The hardware will cost me $8000 off the bat which I can pay in one go.
You don't include the hardware in the profits.
If I mine for 4-5 months I'll pay off my hardware and after that it's pure profits.
>Pay for hardware
>make money every month while paying bills and rent
>still in profit

oh nice, so santa brought you 16k in equipment so you don't ever need to calculate that cost since they were free because you're just that good of a boy.

ok, have fun then.

It's an initial investment in order to get a steady income. Will it take you 3-4 months to get your initial money back? Yeah but you can use the monthly profit to pay bills

I really like how people get caught up in this "easy money" shit.
If anyone could smash some cards into a few risers and earn tons of cash daily, everyone would do it. Supply and demand, you fucking idiots.

Most people I know have made like... 60$ per month back in the day, and if there were fluctuations in the crypto alt-coin market (and boy, there will be), they made a few bucks more or a few bucks less. Not to mention that they've dedicated their room to a fire hazard for months.

The only way you can truly profit here is if you have free electricity (aka - stealing it).

The flash +150 core +500 memory speed and set power to 75%.

If you can get 580s for that price difference I think you're better off getting that since the resale would be better.

I each 580 draws around 100 watts when mining and it could work, I have done the same. But I would recommend not.

You can find a lot more info on flashing on reddit ethermining subreddit.

if it wasn't widely profitable then gpu prices wouldn't be fucked right now

But I've been mining on one of my cards since a few months back and I've already made over $1200 since the market literally tripled in valuation.
It does flucuate but it went up x3 and more
Yes its profitable, not sure why people aren't doing it more.

implying there's not a sucker born every second,
oh wait.

sorry kouhai.

>not sure why people aren't doing it more
A week ago i was going to add another gpu to my pc for it to only mine but I haven't been able to find a gpu that is even relatively close to msrp or at least resonable

about that blind relliance on upwards price trend giving you a false sense of security on risky investments.
2008 would really, really, like to have a word you you.

buy some tulips, while you're visiting the past, as well.

It's profitable for some because the cards are being bought by Pajeets and eastern european Ivans who either have subsidized electricity or are able to steal it.
These profit calculators really assume the best case scenario, when in fact your ISP will stop working once or twice a month, your machine will lock up, your parts will die off (and until you RMA them, you'll be losing money), and the crypto market will go wild on your ass.

Then you'll lose money in various conversions and transfer fees. In the end, you could have used all that money to better yourself, learn something new, etc.

>then gpu prices wouldn't be fucked right now
Exactly. Supply and demand.

nobody can predict the crypto rates at that timescale

Maybe you should just buy a coin at ICO and let it be 10x in a month you dumbfuck

l2getrich

That is fine as long as your ROI is still good.
Market has been going up since 2011, it won't stop now, crypto is much different than stock markets. As a trader its different in many many ways. I think I'll start mining seriously, 2 rigs should get me living comfy

>it's the [racist term]'s fault!!!

because that market cap valuation is bullshit and completely without liquidity;
because it's way past the prime time to ride the mania (not bubble, mania);
because "infinity" and economics don't get along that well;
because state level regulations are still an open question;

Because the market for cryptos is very volatile and soon it will crash, because it's the most obvious bubble since 2000, and you'll be left without skills and assets worth much less than what you paid.

There, that's a good reason.

2008 was such a ncie year.
1997 to 2001 was a period nice too.

but 1637, now, that was good year.

Mmm seems everyone here is using the "bubble" as a reason.
I'm only going to invest what I can lose so that is fine. I'm sure 2018 will be a great year for Crypto for miners and investors as well.
Well I've done my research on the parts already and have a Voltage meter ready too.

>Live alone in a rented house for $600 every month
You should more to eastern europe and rent house for $150 in some small town.

What of battery banks? Use them on peak hours to reduce electricity costs.

I need good internet and delivery still.

>mining with novideo gpus
why?

Hardware resale value for one

>mine on them
>0.0001cent a month
You could just buy these memes instead and profit off new bubbles.

I'm actually an Ivan, tho.

>tfw an overpriced yet efficient card can beat your $3000 card in mining

It isn't sustainable in the long term. Over the years you will mine less and less.

I just started mining for the fun of it cause I had all the hardware laying around and just got two 570.
I already pay a fixed amount for my electricy each month so instead of the electricity I don't use having the profits go the the landlord, using an extra $20+30 of electricity isn't bad.
I also have a 1060 I am going to use for another rig to add to the trickle of income.
How I see it is, if you already have the hardware, you might as well be mining if you can.
If you have to buy an entire new setup costing thousands of dollars you are making a risky move. Eth is moving to POS soon so really the only coin to mine is something like zcash or monero, which you won't get the same projections as youre current calculations.
Deff a fun hobby. Most of us have hardware just sitting there, might as well make it work for us.

>because that market cap valuation is bullshit and completely without liquidity;

Bullshit unless you're cashing out more than a mil from a single exchange

>minning
>mhs
pls

Yeah what's the problem? It tells me if it's not mining so I know if my shits not working.
Oh is it the spelling mistakes? Does that trigger you?

There's no problem, guess some people want to pick at something?

I'm just finding it cute how your attention is sucked by this thing. You're a slave to it. 24/7. If mining stops, you get a panic attack.

Stay ignorant and afraid

Dude, I live in a shit tier country with cheap electricity, and tons of my friends have tried making money out of this. They earned maybe a few hundred $ in a year, but for all the work they've invested in keeping these things alive, it's just not worth it.

Oh how you know nothing.
Sounds like projections from yourself.
Using tech to monitor your hardware is not attention sucking. It's being efficient.
We all know if something doesn't work you just have to reboot it.
I would rather know if something isn't working so that I can get it back to working.
No anxiety cutie.

Whats you setup?

>busllshit
>unless
>proves exactly my point

I've been mining since June. Pic related is mining ethereum with 20 GTX 1060s and 1 GTX 1070. Left side is the hours it took to mine the ETH. Started out making $1600 a month. Currently make around $700 a month.

Get 10 Asic miners and a raspberry pi to run them?

just thought i would leave this here.

at that price point just got a dedicated ASIC instead