Donate 1 grand to the arch linux team

>donate 1 grand to the arch linux team
>ask them a question

>banned me from their forums

nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

archlinux.org/people/developers/
liliputing.com/2015/02/elementary-os-devs-say-youre-cheating-dont-pay-free-software.html
bugs.launchpad.net/cairo-dock
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what did you ask?

what was the question user?

Arch users don't like to help, they think the best option is to help yourself. You should of donated to Haiku or another GNU/Linux distro. A lot of alternate operating system devs would chomp at the bit for a donation and would probably help you.

I tried getting help because I recently installed fluxbox and had every set, except cairo dock, and had issues clicking the bottom of my screen. I could see throught the dock but it was acting like there was a transparent png preventing me for clicking. Posted the xorg log and asked for assitance, which eventually caused an admin to get mouthy with me even though he knew me personally and just because he knew me he decided just to ban me for a month. 'just a month'. Fuck em.

1 grand doesn't make you invincible :^)

Do a chargeback

>arch mods don't treat people differently just because they donate money
wtf i love arch now!!!

The real question is why would you donate to such people, they don't deserve anything.

But the Arch devs should at least be very thankful.
Rules are rules, you should obey the rules OP. Arch devs ban people for not reading the wiki, but they should be nicer about it instead of just banning you.

>donate 1 grand to the arch linux team
you deserve the ban

also this

Why the fuck would you donate to a distro instead of donating to the kernel?

>expecting the devs to be your personal geek squad just because you donated
what an entitled cunt

>donating to ar(se)ch in the first place

It's not as though they forum mods are going to cross reference your user name against a list of contributors before smashing you with the ban hammer. C'mon, use some common sense.

Talk to him. Maybe he got some personal problem with you.

and now you know mods and possibly others are ass holes [im not quite sure what word to use to most fittingly describe them]

moral of the story: don't donate to opensause projects :D

If you read my post it wasn't even a troll post. I admire their dedication which is why I donated in the first place, but if there are certain post that grant you a 'perma ban but since you are part of our community and actually supported it with money you only get a month ban' is kind of ridiculous for the kind of question I asked.

Thanks for the cash, faggot.

Look at it in a positive way. You paid so that you don't have to get anywhere near such a cesspool of shit.

this
>some autistic stuck up faggot is rolling in free pussy right now

I bet all the money went towards lewd anime

OP I've used arse for years now (rarely had issues) and I avoid any public dealing with anyone of them like the plague, either in the forum or the wiki, goddamn assholes.

You should have donated to freetype.org instead.

Go here archlinux.org/people/developers/ search for anime and then explain why the fuck you donated to them

Well, it's part of their fucking job. What else are they going to do all day other than code monkeying and videogames?

Aaron you can suck my dick, if it takes me 1k to get unbanned you can fuck off.

These retards in the forums are fucking entitled as shit, I guess the fags who donate are the only ones allowed to ask question in that forum run to the ground by fucking autists.

i was just opening that

why such hate for anime?

You don't understand.

Which of the developers is the most autistic m'archfa/g/s?

At least you're not a pajeet.

>I guess the fags who donate are the only ones allowed to ask question in that forum
no

>not donating to Manjaro

Do a charge back, and donate to Haiku, or another operating system, or save the money, or donate to the poor. There is many things you can do with 1 grand.

I gotta hand it to you OP
You're taking this like a man
It's not like that time
when the FSF let go a "female" "developer"
and then Leah hit the fan
and demanded "her" money back

Send 1k to me and I'll ask the question for you.

Literally this

are the arch devs all nu-males?

arch is one of the exceptions, not the rule. Most open source devs are adorable

OP is not complaining that he got banned even though he donated, I feel like he's complaining about how skewed the moderating is.

I feel you brother, did you search anime in the developer site? Those retards will ban you if you even tell them that their loli fetish is sick, and how they should stop talking about loli's feet.

But if you are a rich fag, please donate to stallman at least, not these autistic bag of weebs.

Why do they even ask for favourite distros, almost everyone just writes Arch anyway

They are all from Nazi Germany.

>Bonn
>Germany Bonn

Don't donate to Elementary OS either. It might be a great OS that strives to be like Mac OS, a OS that is easy to use, and pretty, but the devs expect everyone that uses their OS to donate. They feel that you are cheating them by not donating if you like the OS. I like Elementary OS, but don't like the way the devs are.

liliputing.com/2015/02/elementary-os-devs-say-youre-cheating-dont-pay-free-software.html

If you get your money back, don't donate to them, even if they make a damn fine OS. Donate to the Linux kernel or another operating system or project.

>arch mod
>teleports behind you
>nothing personal kid

Why ask about this to arch forums?
It's clearly a fluxbox/cairo dock issue
Seems like you should start here
bugs.launchpad.net/cairo-dock
and not be assblasted about arch mods

Link?

>heftig
His nickname is 'awesome'.

Good God, those Germans.

This is why I refuse to buy a Sup Forums pass despite spending all of my free time on here. I can afford to buy a million of them but I'll NEVER give money to power tripping forum mods, out of principle.

Why do they have such cuntish looking faces?

it's Arch, what do you think?

Ah yes, soulless beings

>mods are fags that desperately try to impose their "superiority" online
what else is new? You were probably insufferable as well.

I've been in that building... This is a surreal experience.

depends on the context

Didnt you prefer KDE?

Read the fuckin wiki next time.

Or simply ask Elliot, he uses gnome but I'm pretty sure he can help you out, Mr. Wellick.

And if reading the wiki does not solve my problem nor explain it?

Unironically this.

Install lubuntu

Escapism. I like it

a donation per definition is something that does not entitle you to anything
you are retarded and you should be banned for being an entitled cunt

lel

let this be a lesson, Arch is a meme spread by autistic retards.

Use a proper Linux distro supported by a good community and has company backing like Opensuse or Red hat/Fedora.

arch is a distro that is a net drain on humanity. ZERO impact on science and technology, while wasting people's lives.

>MLP

HA

The power trip is like that of the DMV

dude looks well over 45 and is only 35 wtf

this. install gentoo

Arch is not a bad thing in itself. Let's you control everything you want on your system without having the hassles of a gentoo daily usage. Rolling release and that incredible Wiki is something no other distro has.

Arch problem is retard shilling it just for the meme and autistic mods/devs in their community. Other than that it's a distro as the others, with unique features.

Using arch since 2012, never had to post on the forum.

Are the mods really this bad? And I thought the mods in Sup Forums were autistic enough.

Lets* autocorrect

Thanks for the anecdote

>£100 for Windows 10.
Nah mate, who pays for an OS?
>£1000 for Arch Linux.
Sign me right up.

lol'd

Horsefucker here, I use Ubuntu and CentOS on my home server. Come at me.

Does Aaron pocket all the money, or how do these weeb autist split the money?

Use my arse too, please user~

use this trip from now on #)`?-sV~D