Why do we never hear about fujitsu? have they given up?

Why do we never hear about fujitsu? have they given up?

>Acer is shit but at least they created the thinnest laptop

>Dell sucks but at least they made the thinnest bezel

>HP is trash but at least they made the best cintiq competitor

>Lenovo is cancer but at least they're continuing the Thinkpad lineup

>Razer is cringe but at least they made a good gaming laptop

>Fujitsu is.... uh

Tell that to gateway man

>gateway
>check their website
>laptops with optical drives

Jesus christ

They make some nice looking SPARC servers.

>everything sux!
Are you twelve years old?

I pieced together a Lifebook T902 convertible with a 1tb HDD and 16gb ram, with WACOM touchscreen and it was breddy gud. 3rd-gen i5. battery lasted 5 hours.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's with Japanese companies in general? Sure Sony and Toshiba still make decent components, but they're way past their glory days.

even sony pulled out of the laptop race

My Acer Aspire is actually pretty good desu

Gateway has laptops so ugly no one would want to steal them. That counts for something.

We have entered the era of Korea

They just keep all their tech stay on domestic market so they don't need to deal with all those westerner bullshit.

I tried a Fujitsu laptop around 2005 that had a vibrant display with colors that "popped." I haven't seen another display like it. I returned the laptop for other reasons though.

Around the same time I also tried an IBM Thinkpad but the display was disappointing, it had a narrow viewing angle. It also lacked a Windows key which I use all the time.

Dell and HP are good. System76 isn't bad either.
Acer, Alpha and Asus are mediocre.
Lenovo and Razer are trash.

Whats wrong with Razer?

>Optical drives
>Bad

Fuck I wish they still put optical drives on laptops

I bought an hp Laptop 3 years ago that came with one, removed it and replaced with an SSD

The optical drive can still be used connected externally via usb3, included on the laptop is pointless

Other than being an overpriced brand for autistic fanboys?

Vaio was spun off.

I spent 5 days researching laptops and so far the Razer blade is best bang for the money (for laptops)

Dell XPS 15 was incredibly close but TB3 with 2PCI lanes and shitty GTX 1050 simply doesn't cut it

Yeah if you want it to have a bandwidth cap, making ripping slower

I know someone who bought one. They had some promotion where you get free upgrades for life as long as you return it without any modifications. He got it in 2009 and has just been doing this every two years to get a brand new laptop desu.

>he thinks optical drives are faster then usb3
My internet speeds are faster then optical discs. It's more of a waste how underutilized that usb3 port will be.

No it isn't, and if it was, spending 3 minutes more ripping something I'll only do once a year is nothing

lenovo bought fujitsu's pc business.

it's not a sony anymore

what's wrong with asus?

They are mostly bought by companies, schools and so on. Not really aiming at the end consumer I think.

They are fine, well-built books but nothing special really.

oh wow, kill yourself, seriously

Nothing, better alternatives exist.

The koreans build factories in China and hire cheapest chink workers, they also opened factories in Cambodia and Indonesia. Same reason. To pay workers literally cents in the dollar. Koreans dont actually have souls.

Japs didn't do this. Hence korea overtook with jew tactics and the dna of bug people.

there's a mix of things that lead to Japanese companies not being as visible as they used to be:

-bad economic performance and conditions, see sharp, toshiba, etc
-trend of consumer hardware having a shorter lifecycle (which will hopefully reverse) creating less incentive to produce quality hardware
-consolidation of previously independent hardware products into single units like smartphones
-small or negative margins in consumer and low end enterprise hardware
-high production costs as Japan is heading into post industrialism
The Japanese companies that are doing ok are all focusing on perfecting existing technologies or managing component level contracts (panasonic with batteries and screens) that bring in good profit.
You can still see these large companies putting out hardware but it's often high end and Japan only.
NEC and Panasonic still make laptops for example. The Toughbook line is still popular internationally. Pic related, a damn good laptop considering the current state of hardware.

Minority share. Same design philosophy so it's cool.

>Gateway
>Owned by Acer
>People also search for:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

I have a Dell Inspiron it's a piece of crap. Given it's a cheap consumer machine I bought for $550 but I still struggle to think of anything "good" about it. If Dell is supposed to be a good make, then I'm not sure of good laptops exist for under $1,000.

>then I'm not sure of good laptops exist for under $1,000.
Refurbished/Ex-Business Thinkpad, Elitebook, Latitude. Consumer shits are well... shit.

Whats so bad about it?

specs?
I got an i5 Skylake laptop for $400, it was trash until I added an SSD and added 16GB RAM

All I basically want in a modern laptop is a mixture of your pic, a dell latitude, and purism stuff with up to date specs
Shame no one call deliver it all at once

>Whats so bad about it?

>the worst TN panel I've used in my life with no good viewing angles and drab washed-out colors
>it's only 720P
>any load on the processor causes it's allowed fans to rev up making very audible noise and it's hailing hot area smells like burnt popcorn
>the way often handle my laptop has somehow caused it's all plastic chess to become crooked
>trackpad gets slippery with sweaty gunk quickly
>despite being only two years old I feel as if the cheap all plastic hinge is going to break soon
>battery only lasts 5 hours on minimum brightness with WiFi off

>specs?
i7 5500U
6 GB RAM (probably DDR3)
1TB HDD (unknown RPM)
the only nice thing about this laptop is it has okay specs for the money. it's not slow it's just poorly built. I bought it back when I was a neat I could barely afford this plastic clunker.

Despite my poor experience with the Inspiron line, I'll probably get a mid-end Latitude. hopefully Ryzen will be an option.

You can't really complain about budget computers.

By that same token, Americans also have no soul.

Just buy a toughbook

If I was getting a non Apple laptop for the brand I'd get an Asus

Asus has a lot of shit models these days. It's not 2009 anymore when the entire Asus line for North America was pretty solid.

I just did and there was nothing you could have done to stop me.
If I had known how bad budget laptops were I might have reconsidered but I was also a broken neet at the time.

are you japenese ?

Yeah i used to hate dell up until i got 2 lattitude D830 for free. The business stuff is simply on another level. Even my 2 batteries are in excelent condition after 10 years. Once again you simply get what you pay for. Too bad they are simply cinder blocks compared to my MBA

Asus Zen are fancy tho, they are like the PC Macbook without trying hard.

well like I said, 16Gb and SSD makes a big difference, and when you upgrade laptop you can just put the good part (SSD and RAM) on it

the screen sucks though, plugging it to an external monitor and closing the lid does help performance (assuming you dont have a desktop already)

I was considering Zenbook pro over XPS, but huge thermal throttling issues and little upgradeability made it a second tier

also Zenbooks are known for coil whine