/spg/ - Smartphone General

I Came Here to Bark At You Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX (embed) (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xa2_and_xa2_ultra_go_official_with_snapdragon_630_chips_large_batteries-news-29030.php
apkmirror.com/uploads/?q=lineageos
store.hihonor.com/us/honor-7x-luckybag
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can get a brand new mate 10 pro for $500, could anyone provide a little review for it to help me make up my mind? Thanks.

Great Camera.

not a bad deal for $500

Where the fuck are the mandatory anime qt.s with phones?

in yer ass kiddo xD

Not sure if this more /spg/ or /hpg/ but-

How are the earbuds which come with the LG V20? Are they throwaways or do they have at least enough quality for the phone's DAC to be noticeable?

how close would a zenfone 4 max be to a nexus 6p? i love the 6p but the battery is starting to die way too fast (but i heard this can be fixed with cfw)

Bloody awesome, EMUI is a bit weird with some odd decisions, solid all around, $500 is a good deal.

Found a moto G5S plus, a huawei P10 and a mate 10 lite for about the same price. Anyone got opinions?
Bit worried that the mate 10 will be annoying to use with one hand because of the size.

P10

In terms of? If you're gauging battery life, the Z4 will at least double your on time with the SD430 and 5 Ah battery; maybe even triple if you use it conservatively. Everything else, though: screen size and resolution, camera, build quality - goes to the 6P.

>redmeme note 3
>flashed a fastboot rom with the bootloader shit
>still won't unlock
any ideas as to why?

>a fastboot rom with the bootloader shit
Could you be a little bit less specific please? I almost understood what you meant.

I used miflash to flash kenzo 7.2.5 global with a replaced emmc bootloader file that's been unlocked or at least will allow unlocking
D:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot oem unlock-go
FAILED (remote: oem unlock is not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.008s

Thanks!
I'm an absolute retard when it comes to phones and couldn't decide.

Did you get permission from Xiaomi to unlock the phone?

Also, you should first use Xiaomi's official unlock tool rather than trying to do it via adb.

no which is why I'm using the unofficial method

Get the permission and do it properly. You're just going to end up bricking, unofficial methods are sketchy at best.

Unofficial methods don't work. Unlock it properly or enjoy your paperweight.

alright I'll move on to my note 4x then
bye redmeme

What's your opinion on the Honor v10? The 128gb version goes for 450 USD on their website atm. Is that a good deal?

I need a Bluetooth controller for my smartphone, better if it's cheaper, bonus if I can put my phone in it.

aliexpress

Are the Razers on sale yet?

The earbuds that come with phones are rarely good

Is the redmi note 4/4x a good choice? Does it matter if i go the 4 instead of 4x or literally no difference? Its The snapdragon version

How good is the G4 Play?

So guys do you think its possible that Xiaomi might release the Redmi 5 Plus with a little better, more competent soc? Something about like the 800 series lower end. The phone is the perfect cost/benefit ratio proposition if it werent for its deprecated years old chip.

Does anyone have a LG G6+? Does it have LG's logo at the chin or does it not?

Should I get a note 8?

ye

my samsung s4 i9500 stays awake 100% of the time and it drains the battery in about 10 hours. is there a way to force it to deep sleep on command so i can sleep tite too without worrying about the alarm clock?

running lineage os xtreme black nougat edition home premium made in india from xda

i don't feel like buying a new whatsapp machine, they're all expensive.

also fuck recaptcha

g6+ (4GB, 128GB), $680
v30+ (4GB, 128GB), $855
op5t (6GB, 64GB), $615
op5t (8GB, 128GB), $690
s8 (4GB, 64GB), $780
pixel (4GB, 128GB), $755

I have an ATH-M50 and IM-50, how much of a difference do the DACs on G6+ and V30+ make

X is for China

Isn't january supposed to be the month when manufacturers start to announce their new phones? I'm waiting for snapdragon 600-series 10nm phone with +4000 mAh battery.

>80% battery before sleeep
>6h later 35% battery left
Thanks nougat, thanks standby.

how true are the rumours of the OP6 having an inscreen fingerprint reader (their sister company is apparently releasing one very soon) and having face unlock with IR a la FaceID

they might announce that "big things are coming" and reveal them at Mobile World Congress in late February

Too early for discounts.

Iphone 7 128 GB / Iphone 7 Plus 32 GB / Galaxy S8 Plus 64 GB

Why only chink brands make phones with big batteries? Why Samsung, HTC, Sony etc. uses so little batteries or doesn't even make phones with + 4000 mAh batteries?

S8.

Too scared to go off touchjizz because I don't know exactly what touchjizz has and I really like my set up but curious about stock android.

get lost pedo weeb

They don't come with any, that was a limited offer.

Depends if they're high enough impedance to trigger the secondary amp. And not much of you're streaming.

I like HTC Sense so can I install it to other than HTC phones? There isn't any HTC phones I would buy atm.

its not nougat, I lose 1% at the most over night.

Galaxy J7 or Sony XA1 Plus which is better?

For that price there are far superior choices. Also for that price Sony XA1 has a spec of 100$ phone.

Sony XA2:
m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xa2_and_xa2_ultra_go_official_with_snapdragon_630_chips_large_batteries-news-29030.php

Crazy motherfuckers put all that in a Body that looks like a cross between a Sony S and a generic China Phone with the Metal Frame of a Z5. Basically wait for this. Hell wait for MWC, everyone has gone fucking crazy in the Mid/Mid-High Range.

What options do I have in 280-300 euro price tag? I consider phones with 5.5-5.7 inch display.

Read my post above yours. 5.2inch screen sure, but damn fine specs. Nokia 6 2018 as well. Just wait for the mid rangers of this year, most will have Oreo outta the box, so that also means Project Treble. The 300 price bracket is gonna get fucking WILD.

>tfw no 5 inch phone with small bezels and a decent processor

so does apple really intentionally slow down the older iphones?

Yes, they admitted it publicly.

>sony xa2
>rear fingerprint sensor
Sounds like downgrade compared to xa1 Plus(eu version), but I try to avoid chinkphones and mediakek chips. I >sony xa2
>rear fingerprint sensor
Sounds like downgrade compared to xa1 Plus(eu version), but I try to avoid chinkphones and mediakek based devices. Anyway my chinkphone is dead so I can't wait for MWC and until new midrangers hit the market, I need to pick something right now.

S8 active better

>Sony XA1 Plus
If you try to avoid mediakeks, why this is even option?

does android too?

So then the XA1 Plus is not an option, its a Helio P20 Phone. G5S Plus is the only option you have without chinkphones, and even then buying one now is a risky deal when it comes to updates. But yeah, with no restrictions your top picks besides the Moto:
Xiaomi Mi 5X
Huawei 7X/maybe Mate 10 Lite if lucky
Lenovo P2

Spilled beer all over Lg v20.
Best replacement under 300€

Camera good is a bonus
Battery life important
Headphone jack essential

I am using my old redmi note 3 pro but the charging port is fucked. Does xiaomi have anything good these days

Confirmed no.

Because it has USB-C and Sony's front logo is less annoying for me.

ya drunk cunt

>G5S Plus
What about security updates on that device? I hear Motonovo is absolutely suck when it comes to updates.

Yea fucks sake mate convinced me to a do a straight arm. Twice.

Is the chinkmi A1 good?

seems good enough, except for the camera. it looks shit

Well for that point if you want updates and usb c. Xiaomi mi a1 is your best option because it's android one device.

They tend to be every 3 months or so, a bit worse on US update channels.

What is the best phone to update from a redmi 3 Pro? Looking at the Redmi/Redmi Note series. Should I wait still?

My phone still works fine, but I'm currently using an SD card and would prefer not to to utilize the dual Sim functionality. Also, I'm in Switzerland and I need Band 20 in the next phone because currently my reception in rural regions is essentially nil.

Mi A1, it's got band 20, same SD/hybrid slot thing and 64gb internal, and it's stock like a Nexus

No but now that apple admitted doing it Samsung will certainly start doing it too

>received new G5S+ in mail 10 mins ago
>bootloader is unlocked already

Thanks lenovorola

So my iPhone 5S finally died a few weeks ago. Looking for a good replacement

How's the Huawei Mate 10? Seems to be pretty well reviewed in the resources linked in OP

>try to ask question on /spg/
>Sup Forums css is still broken since I don't want to activate those shady .js
thanks hiroshimoot, I hope you die a painfull death.

Now, is apkmirror trustworthy?
apkmirror.com/uploads/?q=lineageos
I want to download the aosp keyboard but I don't know if lineageOS there is the real real one. Still surprised that LOS don't offer their apps seperately on their website.

Buy another LG V20.

After 5 years of using a shitty Windows Phone Nokia Lumia I ordered a Redmi Note 4X, Snapdragon 625, 3gb, international rom. It should get here sometime next week. What should I do/install/delete so I can get the most out of it?

Yea they are bretty good and trustworthy.

Pls respond

Mate 10 is a good phone. If you want something equivalent to iPhones but Android, then go for the pixel 2. I have a 2 xl and it hasn't disappointed at all in 3 weeks

I unironically just did.
This way I still have a battery & dummy charging cradle.

Thanks user

Been a few months since I've been here, maybe a year even when I got my RN3(sd650) which I'm posting off right now IRL. Official unlocked & installed Cyanogen13 which I'm also still running. So you guys did me good last time

Need a phone for my Mum, preferably low maintainance so already running clean android - no MiUI ect. 5" screen preferably for around £150-200?

Was looking at the Lenovo P2 last year but her old Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 didn't give up the ghost soon enough.

G5S

motonovo g5

Im thinking about buying a backup v20 just in case anything happens to the one I have. I dont see myself upgrading to anything else unless I was forced to, although the op5t looks nice I like my v20 too much.

What do you guys think of the Sony Xperia XZ Premium?

What's the best phone you can get unlocked for around $250? Thinking of getting a refurbished S7 but are there better options out there?

Very nice phone

>SD430

I mean it'll do. I just thought 650 and above was standard issue in these parts

>No other manufacturer besides Samsung and Oneplus puts AMOLED panels on majority of their phones. Xiaomi pls?

>4x
>lineageos
set it & forget it then

Just bought an s5neo for 99 leaf bucks
did I do good?

Yeah pretty good phone for 100

Mi A1

please respond

Honor 7X for $199

Thanks but I'm looking for something I can buy right now from the US since I broke my phone today and need a replacement asap. Is a refurb S7 a solid choice?

You can buy it right now
store.hihonor.com/us/honor-7x-luckybag