Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums.
Let's make a Frankenstein monster laptop!

Here's the idea:
The purpose of this abomination is to edit shitloads of text and be as portable as it gets.

>runs Win98
>looks like 90's laptop
>decent weight
>great battery life

Any suggestions?

Thinkpad with a 4K display that it can't run.

Normal screen is 1:1 aspect ratio and there's another screen that pops out the side

Literally consumer tier laptops but with better construction.

>>runs Win98
Not happening.
>>looks like 90's laptop
Not happening.
>>decent weight
Not happening.
>>great battery life
This might be doable.

You can get a Raspberry Pi 3, one of those 30000mAh battery bricks with USB ports, and other stuff to complete it. You would power the laptop with the battery pack, and considering my ThinkPad from like 2012 is like twice as power hungry as a Raspberry Pi with the battery saver mods installed on Linux, the frankenlaptop should last for several days. My ThinkPad has a 96Wh battery (about 8600mAh) and lasts 12 hours easily. You can buy small keyboards with an integrated trackpad or a Lenovo one with the clitmouse that will plug into a USB port on the Pi. Then you need to get a decent sized HDMI display that you can attach to the inside of the lid. You could use an SD card for the OS but that's slow as shit. Modify the Pi firmware so that you can boot from the USB ports and get one of those $5 SATA to USB adapters and slap a hard disk in there and install whatever ARM OS you want, like Debian or something. You can use XFCE and rice it to look like Windows 95. The case is really the only part you'll have to do yourself, or you can find an old laptop and gut it.

Make it run 1970 Unix and edit thru ed.
Actually, fuck laptop just get a typewriter they have infinite battery life

actual 90's laptop, nigga

look at that, thinkpad 380ED, tada

>16-bit Windows+Win32s baked into the system
the NT emulation was shit, Windows 9x merely hastened its own death by being unstable as hell, forcing MS to port DirectX as early as 1998 (for the Windows 2000 preview builds)

That sounds like fun!

R52p with the UXGA screen comes close to that

I did this a few years back.

Took a Toshiba T1000XE (80s laptop), hollowed it out, put in a shit load of 18650s stepped up to 5V into a bay trail atom board (think compute stick but not).

Threw in display driver board and 8 inch 1024*600 LCD. Hard part was keyboard which meant finding the right FPC connector and getting the original keyboard to wire to a Teensy 2.0++ and run like a USB keyboard into the mainboard.

End result was a hideous Frankenstein of a laptop but fucking amazing battery life and typing experience, but I never did put in anything to measure battery life so it was a multimeter and guesswork approach. Charging circuit did 1A so the whole thing would take like a day to charge and weighed a shit load.

What do you think would be the best SBC to be the core of it?

>core

Why not use a cheap Chinese TV box main board with a cherry trail z8300 atom? It'd run off a 5V 2A supply and handle fine

>not happening
>not happening
>not happening
>MIGHT be doable
>le single board soc computer copout
What a faggot.

NIgger why?

>cherry trail z8300 atom
Nobody wants to deal with management engines and horrible design flaws that require a system-crippling patch.

t. bitter Jewtel user

>le
Go back.

>go back
Implying.

>(((implying)))
Go back to Sup Forums and Sup Forums where you belong

>>>/reddit/
You are not welcome here.

But I'm not from either of those boards either user.

Yeah, you're from R*ddit. Get out, you piece of shit.

I'm not from any of those. When I typed implying the first time I implied that I was not from reddit at the go back comment.

^^^^^^^^^^^

What are you trying to say user you've derailed the thread please stop user.

only Sup Forums tier fags say (((implying)))

>le
>le
>lelelelelelelelelelelelele

Maybe it's because I'm twenty-eight and used to use it a looong time ago. My bads you're newer than me and never moved on from there... wait...

How would you know how they type?

knew this kid back in high school who browsed b a lot, would use implying in every conversation we had. Never did that before he went to that accursed board.

How much would all that cost?

Sup Forums... Sup Forums changes people. Once a Sup Forumsrother, always a Sup Forumsrother.

>he had friends to talk to post Sup Forums usage
I do not know this feel.

hereforever.filetype

Less than $300.

Do you have any pictures?

Maybe because its a touch screen user.

I'd unironically use this to rip my cassettes.

a laptop with a mechanical keyboard
you heard it here first

Sure, ignore Desmond Tutu (was a weird running private joke)

That sounds like a joke that is either really good or really bad.

Make it run only custom Android. A forked CyanogenMod with Lineage merges and few extra additions for themes and own devices.
There is nothing more Frankensteinic than Android.

Oh, and a small touch screen e-ink on the cover.

>I thought for a minute it was real.

Now I want it.