Remember me lol

remember me lol

Nick Caves iPod, who could forget?

what was wrong about it?

It was too fucking expensive and specialized in a bloated format.

The shape, the fact it was a standalone player long after the smartphone had become commonplace, the idea of a central music service that's less convenient than iTunes and not as high quality as it was claiming, and

I see. I remember seeing the POnOs player time ago, but other than the shape, didn't remembered if it had other problems.

all of these arguments except the shape are moot; there are devices that are more expensive and without a streaming service of any sort and they sell well enough to keep their manufacturers in business.
The reason it failed is the shape, pure and simple. It can't be put in a pocket.

That a Pono? Not the worst thing Neil Young has been associated with.

How does one go from creating masterpieces such as On the Beach and Tonight's the Night to THIS?

A

FUCKING

TOBLERONE

No
Go away

>mfw sony still sells over priced HiRes audio shit mp3 players

holy!!

It's not a bad idea since there are a handful of people willing to spend a lot on audio yet not willing to do any research and will just buy based on brand recognition. Not many people are putting out 2-3000 $ players.

pOnOs into vagOO

>prism p0n0s

I was dumb enough to buy one when it came out I can't tell the difference in sound quality between that and my phone playing shit off Google play music. This was with sennheiser HD600's and an amp ... same snake oil that tidal sells.

>$400 music player
>at a time where you could get a smartphone that can do the same thing and more for free with a contract you were likely to have anyways
I remember seeing big displays for it at Fry's before they went to complete shit, I was honestly galled that anybody would put out a standalone music player in this day and age, and the hubris of trying to compete with iTunes is off the charts, at least Tom Petty had the presence of mind to just sell his shit through his site.

Those super high-end Sony Walkman are quality to be fair, snake oil yes, but they are very well made with quality materials. They are expensive, but they are aimed at pure enthusiasts. I'd choose it over Astell & Kern or any other 'high-end' audio branded shit any day of the week.
Sony is still (IMO) one of the top audio brands, even the lower-end models are better than 99% of the competition and better than a phone.

>same snake oil that tidal sells.
While I agree that FLAC/320 argument is retarded. It's a good piece of mind knowing that somebody hasn't fucked an encode and is lossless.

My problem with those, leaving price aside, is how they use android and they are laggy pieces of shit. At least increase the specs

>Implying $400 is expensive for a high-quality PMP

You don't get it do you? It wasn't the price that killed it.

TRIPLU DOUBLU