Chromeos is kill. what os to put on chromebook?

chromeos is kill. what os to put on chromebook?

has 2gp ram

What's wrong with ChromeOS?

chromium

good post thank you for this post well done

gentoo

oh god the compile times

galliumos os worked perfectly for my Acer 720, but I can't remember if I let the battery die after weeks of not using it and it wiped the bios.

Now I just use chrome OS because all the kid and wife do on it is YouTube and Amazon

do all arm os fail to play youtube videos or is that only the case with raspberry pi?

all all arm architectures*

Chromebooks are usually a step above the Pi-type things in terms of performance. They should be able to do any web shit just fine, after all, that's what they're originally made for

galliumos

god i love that aspect ratio

these kids have more makeup than personality

Pretty much everything.

I have a Pi 3 and it plays youtube vids with no issues on Raspian

Gallium is pretty solid, I quite enjoy it on the same computer. Really nice having it as an alternative to hauling around my Latitude

Holy fuck are you me? Do you have a latitude e6420 by any chance?

Facebook OS for toy machines

ArchLinux(ARM), Parabola…
Or if using the snsv C201, then just Libreboot it and install Parabola GNU/Linux, for more freedoms than RMS.

>not installing gentoo

2 gigapixel of RAM?

ChromeOS is Gentoo.

this.

If you don't need more than what is publicized, then the OS is great. Zero problems since we acquired it (2 years ago). No viruses and updates are lightning fast.

GalliumOS made for Chromebooks

my toshiba cb 2 plays 1080p just fine but anything over that stutters

hannah montana linux

>2gp
buying gf

ubuntu or debian + bundsenlabs (openbox) or some other rice GUI that uses no less that 100mb of ram on boot
be wary of opening more than 35 tabs on your browser, its gonna be a pain

Put your dick in it

xubuntu of course.

Ubuntu with XFCE desktop environment is low resourced. I've used it twice on my Chromebook r11 and my Chromebook c910 with an i5 processor which is OVERKILL for a Chromebook but it's nice to be future-proofed.

Chromebooks are comfy, amazing battery lives and some of the more premium ones have really good displays and keyboards. You can install Linux on them and do some web-dev if that's what you're into (that's what I like).

In a few years Google will begin to let go of Android and put most of their resources into ChromeOS.

ChromeOS will become the new revisioning of Android.