USB KILL

Will USB Kill work? If I wanted to fry my laptop beyond repair and make it look like an accident.

Why would you do this?

...why?

I don't think it'll look like an accident desu. it'll be pretty obvious you fried the computer by sticking something in the usb port, which pretty much screams kill usb. I'm sure this will void any warranty you might have

I thought about modding on of these to do exactly that and then drop a few around my college just to see people dumb enough to plug them in and fry shit/ get expelled

D E V I L I S H
E
V
I
L
I
S
H

Depends why you trying to do this. If you hunting to get the warranty a small , crappy company will just see that it doesn't work and replace it. Any place with decent it checks will see that the usb is fried and assume that you plugged in a device that did it.

>Hi Sup Forums!
>Wanna help me commit fraud?

from the don't try this at home department, seriously,

if it's got a Ethernet port then you could tie two pairs of four of the wires inside the Ethernet cable to a wall power plug and plug that in.

It'll fry your laptops motherboard for sure. As for the "accident" part, that's mostly up to how you try to explain away how this happened.

Not sure if this would be covered by warranty or not, though. But I can tell you for sure that it's something happens in the real world and they may not ask too many questions about it.

The extremely cheap USB hub that's commonly sold on Ebay in picture related is an example of something that can and probably will kill your laptop/motherboard. There's no resistor or separation at all inside it. What this means is that power from the cheap charger will flow directly into your motherboard, not just to the ports where you connect things.

How about a coffee spill?

>tfw the camreas see drop them, a student pick it up and a student use it.
>student claims they were jsut checking whose USB it was
>you dropped it
>you're not only expelled but sued for property damaged and proscuted for misdemeaner vandalism.

Devilish indeed.

I did this with a MacBook for a warranty exchange. First the Mac was dead then it came back and then the USB ports came back to life.

USB killer is overrated

Yes it will work, the older ones sucked dick. The ones you can get now will legitimately fuck up your system.

throw it in the microwave

wurks on mac?

ayylmao

That's why you find all the blind spots first.

so his pep-pep will buy him a new one?

Still can be pinned on you
Plus it's even more obvious

Just open up your laptop
Hold the motherboard in your hand
Plug in it and turn it on
You'll short something

kek

The absolute state of 4chins these days. Sad.

Do that. DO IT FAGGOT, DO IT NOW!

Selfresetting fuse mate. They all use them these days. Your killswitch must have enough voltage to arc over any triggered fuse to destroy other circuitry.

Without destroying anything.

put your laptop in the oven inside a towel with some benchmarking programs running

if you are wanting a warranty replacement or something just brick the bios

What is the actual purpose in some guy mass producing these apart for being an asshole?
You can't use the "it's just for security testing bro" argument because you'd have to defy physics to properly defend against these things.

money.
people want a product, guy makes a product.
nothing more to it

delet this