NOOOO THIS ISNT HAPPENING BROS

INTEL TOLD ME I'D HAVE TO CHANGE MOTHERBOARDS WITH EACH NEW CPU

AMD MUST BE LIARS! THIS ISNT POSSIBLE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dQwrUMDS_iw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

with jews you lose.

enjoy your bugs

Long term Intel fag here, I hope AMD will deliver superior single threaded performance with 12nm and we can finally bury those Jewbois for good.
Ryzen 2 benchmarks when?

NO GOYIM YOU MUST SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL AND FEMINISTS

Ryzen 12nm looks disappointing (sorta) clock wise gate size didn't change they are aiming for 10% more turbo clocks. Still decent . April is quite late.

Don't care.

The new Ryzen 1st gen APUs are supposedly hitting 4.2ghz overclocked. Wouldn't be surprised if we get 4.6ghz max on the 2800x. Even at 4.5ghz we'd be 90% to 5ghz

>implying mobo makers like this
>implying there aren't X/A/B470 boards incoming
(lol

Old 470 boards will support the CPU but these old boards will never support newer features like higher memory and shit.

Yeah, your old cheap B470 mobo will support Ryzen 2 but you're just as cucked as that retard buying an Intel non-k chip with a Z-series motherboard.

Seething

Memory controller is entirely on die. The motherboard does nothing to influence it except deliver power, which is already plenty for any memory, the on-die memory controller is just power hungry.

Well, my motherboard is only AM3.

Looking forward to replacing my 6700K with Ryzen 2. Can't wait to be done with Intel, I miss my X2 4800+

>PGA
what year is it

2018. AMD YEAR.

>LGA
What year is it
That shit breaks

Why the fuck would anybody buy a new CPU?
You have to be a braindead retard to not wait for a Spectre fix
Not buying anything new until late 2019

Ryzen + is a fix

It isn't. If we are very fucking lucky, maybe by late 2019 we'll have new designs that fix Spectre.

Just wait® Intel will surely fix this guise!

when did I mention Intel you god damn mongoloid?
At least AMD only has to fix Spectre, intel also got Meltdown to worry about.
Meltdown might be an easier fix but it will cost them performance when they fix it

If you don't buy ryzen, you're a intel shill. This is the mindset of an amdrone.

But I will buy Ryzen, just not before they fix spectre.

Will this finally be the year of the AMD desktop?

AMD is alone on the market now. You got to be retarded to buy intel's bugged CPUs.

Even Intel "usually" has two generations per socket, nobody should have been surprised X470 was compatible with X370. The real unknown is Zen 2. My guess is AMD does something similar to AM2+ and AM3, where the sockets are cross compatible but will have missing features if you use a new CPU on the old socket. Basically you'll have AM4 and AM4+.

youtu.be/dQwrUMDS_iw
Meltdown and spectre 9 min conspiracy theory vid...

AMD confirmed that AM4 will be supported until 2020

Supported can mean literally anything. Zen 2 and Zen 3 may support DD5 which would mean AMD could split their product line between AM4 and AM4+ You could use Zen 2 on AM4 but they would have to disable the DDR5 memory controller, similar to how Phenom II worked on AM2+.

You have to have physical access to AMD CPUs to hack them after the patch (which has no performance impact for AMD).

>just as cucked as that retard buying an Intel non-k chip with a Z-series motherboard.

Hey the thing was on sale cheaper than the H97's

>DDR5
Like we need another excuse for stupidly high memory prices

ill take ddr5, then people will be selling old ddr4 kits and flood used... its not like ram is hard hit in almost any way you use it.

>buying used ram
>ew

Lol

NO GOYIM! DON'T BE ANTISEMITIC!
BE A GOOD GOYIM LOYAL TO OUR BRAND.
DON'T BE AN AMD BAD GOYIM

>Not buying used RAM

RAM doesn't degrade.

>people will be selling old ddr4 kits and flood used
Even if that did happen and the ram RAM market keeps going on the pace it is right now people will most likely be making money selling there used RAM as they will still be able to sell it for more than they paid for it. even a few years ago that was happening with DDR3

This already exists for used DDR3 RDIMMs, BTW. Tip for those on a budget: used 2011 socket Xeons and workstation motherboards aren't that expensive, and a six-core Sandy Bridge system with a fuckton of memory can be had for relatively cheap.

I'll wait for Ryzen 2. Hopefully it will still support AM4

Maybe, but you don't know what has been on it before.

A socket change twice a year keeps the goyim in fear.

I've never understood why it matters that much if newer cpu's work in older motherboards , maby 15 - 20 years ago when each year cpu's were doubling in speed. are intel being jews? , probleby but dont think having a new board for a new cpu affects most people.

It's a bigger deal for the used market, people like not having to hunt down some rare motherboard for their processor. This is a huge deal for HEDT, old LGA 2011 boards are usually inflated in price, so it may be easy to find an old 6 core Intel CPU, but the mobo is what will set you back. I agree that most of it is pointless whining, don't really get why so many people demand to use a brand new CPU in their 4-5 year old motherboard.

>inflated in price
Example:
There are a million CPUs which are stable and will work for 15+ more years (at stock settings), but there are only a hundred thousand motherboards left because nobody manufactures old platforms.

A mobo will never last as long as a CPU. You just will not get any more truly new boards for a given outdated socket. Ergo supply is lower than demand, ergo mobo prices for a given outdated socket creep up until the CPU family is no longer competitive with any price bracket.

Not picking a fight, just want you to fix your choice of words.

they bought the kit for 75-150$, they see it can be sold for 300+$ new, they list it for 150-200$, its still a significant amount cheaper than new.

granted I bought 32gb, and my only need for more ram is a want rather than a hard need.

for my need, I got a 1700 at launch, with a taichi.

if the new desktop cpu is worth it, I could see an upgrade justifiable, and this will happen with the 7nm.

my motherboard isn't so out of date if put of date at all with modern standards outside of a potential bios update to allow the 7nm not getting pushed, I would be pissed, because a 300~$ upgrade is FAR more palatable then a 500-600$ upgrade, not to mention the work to reinstall all the fucking software again.

Several memory mfgs already claimed that mainstream DDR5 is not planned before 2020