I need a password manager but LastPass feels sketchy. Is it bad?

I need a password manager but LastPass feels sketchy. Is it bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerckhoffs's_principle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing wrong with it.

There are alternatives with their own pros and cons.

Use a keepass variant of plain pass. They've excellent browser integration for ff and are 100% botnet-free

>he doesn't remember his own password

>he uses insecure and repetitive passwords

WHY ARE YOU MORONS INTEGRATING PASSWORD INTO YOUR BROWSER AND SYNCING TO A THIRD-PARTY CLOUD??? YOU'RE ASKING TO GET FUCKED

Use keepass with an encrypted harddrive, key file, and passphrase.

>keepass file in Google drive
>All devices use a keepass client
Feels good mane

We aren't exactly dealing with the sharpest tacks in the box here.

If you like programming, write your own. It's a pretty simple program to write and has a lot of room to add optional features. (Make sure to keep the storage encrypted)
As for you, faggot; not everyone is as debilitated as you and so can remember multiple complex passwords, which will always be the most secure method. Don't project your handicap on normal people.

I made a truecrypt container (well nowadays veracrypt would do the job) and store a text file in there.
werks for me until I forget the pass of the container.

Just use Pass and sync with git across multiple devices. The best solution is usally the simplest. Use trusted technologies, hard to go wrong with basic GPG and git.

>t. diagnosed autist

>enter your login credentials to everything in this program I made goyim
its all sketchy and only literal retards do this shit.

How is it sketchy

LastPass is good if you want something that just werks™ but if you wanna go the extra step try KeePass or Pass

Been using roboform for like 7 years just works.tm

Nice dude you got me

>lostpass
shiggy

LastPass is a fucking joke.

its not hard to remember a few combinaton of symbols, faggot.

Not him but does the xkcd comic on passwords not hold any merit.? It was saying in different words that we've been indoctrinating ourselves into making passwords hard for us to remember, but easy for a program to guess.

It outright claimed that a password of dictionary words in a nonsense syntax is harder to guess than 10 or so nonsensically-ordered symbols. Or something like that. But either way, I can more easily remember something retarded like "upgreenpickledog" than "a few combinaton of symbols" whatever they might be.

>he doesn't use argon2 against a hashed jpeg file and a salt to derive passwords

Seriously. Why do you guys do this to yourselves? You could have true security, but it's like you don't want to or something..

I made a cli pw manager in C for linux using openssl, just for fun.
However, I'd recommend keepassx or pass.

They find, they fix, they notify.

Yes. Bad!

I have around 150 login/password combinations in my vault. Can you really remember 150 random, unique 20-character passwords consisting of letters, numbers, and special characters, and remember what site each is for?

I use Dashlane

passwords don't matter because literally every single account that is worth protecting offers multifactor authentication

I mean look at this faggot for example, what in the fuck are those 150 accounts that are worth protecting with separate passwords? Are you really concerned about your fucking e-hentai account being hacked?

>passwords don't matter because literally every single account that is worth protecting offers multifactor authentication
I have never heard anything dumber.
>multifactor authentication makes it harder to steal/hack accounts because there's two factors instead of just one (nobody uses 3+FA.)
>hey that means we can make one factor really insecure now!
That's not how multifactor is supposed to work

Just save them in a txt file and encrypt it with gnupg
get a getto raspi cloud setup to sync it between devices.
It's that fucking hard

I want KeePass to not be shit on Linux.

It's so nice on windows because it's written in .net but it looks like aids on Linux.

When do we get a decent cross platform password manager that isn't a botnet?

I mean there's keepass 1

You could easily replace your setup with pass. It's like 100x more secure and comfortable to use while still being equally secure and easy to sync using git

You could easily migrate to pass, you know?

(You)

You have no background in security or anything computer related, do you?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerckhoffs's_principle

Wouldn't that be annoying to sync with windows?

How good is a password where I use quotes from a book but put "random" symbols and numbers somewhere in it easy for me to remember?

Ain't no government gonna hack a pen and paper. Write your passwords down in a Vigenere code with an unique key for each password. just keep them in a journal in a place where no one would check.

If it is a word that will also be in a dictionary it isnt a good choice these days. we have so much compute power now what you want is 30+ random upper, lower, number and special characters.

>with pass
With what?

He literally fucking told you the name of the software
How can someone be THIS FUCKING DUMB

Dude, chill
The software is called "pass". It keeps your keys seperated by site and account, each file is encrypted with your gpg key. Their site is really useful

The only software with undiscovered vulns is simply not being scrutinized enough. The real test is how they handle it. LastPass actually does remarkably good job of catching anomalous traffic, and actually addresses things they find.

I like KeePass and cloud storage myself, with frequent backups to other places.