SSD's are a fucking meme. Wow you can boot in 10 seconds instead of 30! Whoop de fucking doo! MEME!

SSD's are a fucking meme. Wow you can boot in 10 seconds instead of 30! Whoop de fucking doo! MEME!

Did an SSD touch you inappropriately?
What's your issue, guy?

haha he can't afford an ssd

You're literally retarded, SSDs are a far bigger upgrade than several other components combined for pretty much any existing PC.

Why do you hate performance?

.5c has been deposited into your account.

Can Segate and Western Digital still afford shills

>2017
>still finding excuses to not get a 250gb SSD just for the OS and programs

they are not that expensive anymore

>2018
>2017

Like anyone ever cared about the boot time.
Shit bait OP. Everybody knows it's not about the boot time.

Have your pity (You). Hope to hear from you again with better bait though.

He was talking about 2017. It's even worse in 2018.

Yo, I'm craving a cheese-steak with extra meat and cheese.

i just wish those boxes were filled to the brim with advanced looking circuitry. the tiny chips inside are such a letdown.

lots of memory + linux > ssd

Windows is awful, every tiny action requires a ton of disk access. So SSDs really help there.

i copped an 240gb ssd for 60 bucks AMA reddit

its the only new tech to hit mainstream to have an impact on productivity in the last 7 years.

I, too, bought an SSD in 2015

SSD are the only Sup Forums meme that isn't one.
But keep believing it's one if you want.

Why do you hate living? Love wasting time?

>i just love Sup Forums! here i can embarrass myself in front of a million audience by putting inane one liners into the new thread box and hit submit!
yeah, its an awesome place

>Wow you can boot in 10 seconds instead of 30!
Something like a leap from 15 to 5 for me, so even worse. Still, the time it takes to start a web browser for the first time, and shock resistance make it worth it for me.

tfw still boot for 30 seconds because of disabling windows 10 crap

Seriously what what the fuck? Is it because prefetch or what?

They both make SSD you mong

>TFW have SSD but have to restart my computer like 4 times before I can use it because the power supply keeps making this loud noise

In todays market i heavily disagree

bait?
or u retarded

I just bought a 512gb m.2 NVME SSD. How does that make you feel?

The cost of a Windows license easily buys you 8GB more RAM

#JustNonSSDUserThings

10 seconds? mine boots in 3

>10 seconds instead of 30
More like 10 seconds instead of 2 minutes

When are TB+ SSDs going to cost the same as HDDs?

nvme boots in 3 secs with all animations.
when working with large files such as movie producing/photography/large datasets etc. you will know how much more productive you are.

For your gaymen and anime needs, regular 5200 rpm HDD is just fine tho.

Anyone who says SSDs are a meme has never used one on a daily driver before.

>5200 rpm
Disguisting. Is it even still a thing?

When China catches up and the prices aren't controlled by a handful of Gook and Burger companies anymore.

>its just the boot time
if it was really just the boot time, most poeple wouldn't bother with SSD. The problem comes after you login your pc is still doing all the readings and it takes a long time to open the first programs.

you fucking know it

I boot in 6 seconds and never touched an SSD

Yeah, its mostly confined to cheap drives and laptop drives now.

Yeah fuck technology improvements rite

You can buy 8GB of RAM for $0?

haven't used a hard drive at home since 2009.
Feels good to be good.

I remember in 2008 my friend in high school was telling me what a SSD and it amazed me that you could have like 40GBs easily accessible like that. He said "it'll be a few years before they'll be bigger and more affordable!" Poor guy's in prison until 2037 now though. I bet he'll be blown away at tech when he gets out at least.

You're implying either that
>I can just pirate Windows
I can just steal RAM too
or
>It came for "free" with my pc
You're paying quite a bit for your OEM Windows.
Or if you're using a campus license than you're paying for it with your tuition/taxes.

who doesn't have a pirate copy of windows laying around?

adults

>Poor guy's in prison until 2037 now though
What's he in for?

Shilling for Samsung

Nice try, Ahmed, but you have to go back to Pakistan.

Where is your reading comprehension? Why do you think there is a meme arrow for past tence on the 2017? Maybe because it's 2018 you cunt.

From a cold boot? Windows 8+ hibernates instead of shutting down, so unless that’s off, you don’t boot in 6 seconds without one. Keep dreaming.

Statutory rape. He was one of those guys that was 18 and dated 14 year old girls. Thing is, he didn't actually rape her and she was just one of those little cunts that lies to get her way.

I would say that NVMe is a meme and "boot in 10 seconds" for a desktop but not SSD in general.

I've bought Samsung 960 EVO, 500GB, and I can't feel much difference between PCIe and SATA.

>land of the free

>using your OS's power button instead of switching off your PSU
Man it's like you WANT the botnet.

>he didn't actually rape her and she was just one of those little cunts that lies to get her way.
If she's 14 then it's automatically statutory rape (unless a Rome and Juliet law applies). What would she lie about?

>unless a Rome and Juliet law applies
Doesn't exist in the United States, bro.

they are much better than those ~4000 rpm hdds that they put in laptops and they dont fail if you move it like the hdd with a moving head can.

>le edgy kid
You didn't earn enough GBP for an SSD?

this at least windows 7 accesses the hdd every time you open a menu and thats why it feels slow especially on laptops where they put the cheapest and slowest hdd,

You're correct. The human eye cant see more than 5400 rpm

>implying SSDs don't speed up the opening of other programs
>implying that doesn't add up
>his time is worthless

>5400 rpm = rotations at 90Hz
checks out

Aren't they simply rebranding chinese oems?

It might not be helpful to your shitty standards but in the real world it helps decrease valuable time otherwise spent rolling your thumbs. For your situation complaining about boot times, 20 seconds of your life will be wasted watching boots screens. That's 2 hours more every year that an SSD saves you if you wait every day for your computer to boot by not using an SSD.

don't worry user. one day you'll be able to afford one

>year is 2049
>user still using HDD cause he thinks 5TeraBytes/s is a fucking meme
>cries at night with 30mb/s downloading anime

get with the times grandpa

me because i had work's msdn account

>having a laptop
>with moving parts in it
>every bump, drop or mishandle of it can result in catastrophic mechanical failure
This is why best system drives are SSDs.

>This is why best system drives for laptops are SSDs.
ftfy

>implying loading things fast isnt extremely satisfying

So is having sex but you're not doing it.

I only have to pay once for my SSD.

Read that as STD.

It's still 2017 in australia idiot learn about time zones

>Not having an SSHD
>not using the best of both worlds

wew lads

mechanical failures happen for maaaany reasons.
Desktop HDDs can also die for not reason.

HDD's are a fucking meme.
>let's put a big spinning metal platter and use that for storing data

aaaand here are the SSD shills.

I'm trying to think of the benefit of the HDD side but it's not coming to me.

are you really this poor, kid?

1/5 of the price.

They're cheaper per GB than an SSD so you can have 6tb of storage with a 512 SSD you can use ssd caching to speed up your HDD's while still having plenty of room for an OS and applications.

Best of both worlds

Too many waitfags are salty. SSDs aren't going to fall in price anytime soon, bubs. A poorfag like me bought a 525GB MX300 a month after it released because it was damn cheap at the time.

Shillbot.py needs an update

You can build a RAID 10 with decent HDDs for less than a decent SSD of the same capacity.

>Desktop HDDs can also die for not reason.
Being made by Seagate is reason enough senpai

same 480gb 75 quid in 2015 now its 130 quid for 250gb?

a hdd works almost like a vinyl audio disk. instead of being made of vinyl the disk is made of metal but its still read by a similar head that goes on the disk and reads/writes it.

seagate bought samsung, which was producing most reliable hdds on the market.
Currently shitgate is the best producer. Next is Hitachi (division of WD) and WD consumer trash.

>seagate bought samsung
retard

>samsung's hdd division
Here, just for (You). Now kill yourself.

SSDs are a meme. Get a m.2 harddrive for your main system, and a raid HDD setup with parity for storage purposes.

Any other setup is just dumb.

The biggest benefit for me is that there are no moving parts. They really add a lot of value to laptops for this reason. I also like that they're all small.

Why do you think anyone here is using Windows? Not that guy, but Void GNU/Linux with a hard drive boots extremely fast, 6 seconds is probably close to what it is.

>Get a m.2 harddrive

my nvme starts my systemd*(gnu+linux) in under a second

>using a slow drive for your system drive
>having abysmal swap performance
>having to wait at all for loading any programs

It is like I'm living in 2010 all over again