Why don't you have a Mac / Hackintosh?

Why don't you have a Mac / Hackintosh?
You get what you pay for, the Mac OS operating system is based on Unix, which I know Sup Forums loves, you can use the terminal just like on GNU/Linux.
Everything is simple, the touchpad's gestures are great, every "app" you install suits natively the rest of the desktop, and can be removed easily without any cleaning to do after, everything is minimalist and not a bit bloated and the UI is simply beautiful
It is literally the best operating system for work
So...
Why don't you use it?

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/shop/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion
tonymacx86.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>you can use the terminal just like on GNU/Linux.
HAHAHAHA
>app
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>everything is minimalist and not a bit bloated
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll bite

The terminal programs are outdated or have to be installed yourself with homebrew. Might as well run Debian.

The UI is proprietary and designed for retards

>Why don't you have a Mac / Hackintosh?
I don't have a Mac because I am not interested in Apple hardware given that it is prone to overheating and because Apple makes it difficult to perform self-repair & upgrade.

I don't use Hackintosh because, according to Apple's legalese, Hackintosh is technically piracy. By installing macOS (which I don't even like to use) on non-Apple hardware, not only am I commiting a crime in the eyes of Apple but I am also subjecting myself to a buggy, unstable experience as a result of macOS not being optimized for hardware not used by Apple.

Your assumption that I love Unix based on the fact that I browse Sup Forums is indictative of the fact that you, yourself, are not even from Sup Forums, let alone Sup Forums. Besides, if you actually knew this board and weren't a stupid Apple shill, you'd know plainly that macOS is a hybrid operating system.

Whether or not macOS is simple to use is largely subjective but I find that things like "natural scrolling" to be the most obnoxious and non-intuitive design choices that any tech company has made in recent memory. Again, this is largely subject but considering that you are addressing me, the UI is an ugly eyesore. I can't stand to use macOS because of how hard it is on my eyes. I had to use iMac studios running macOS High Sierra and the experience not only hurt my eyes but it hurt the eyes of my peers. They described the experience as exhausting.

The idea of it being the best operating system for work is objectively untrue on the basis that the vast majority of work related software does not work on macOS. Part of this is the fault of the incredibly influential Win32 standard but part of this is Apple's general inability to make/cater to software that common people care about.

So, why don't I use it? Because I am not an Apple shill.

Sage please.

I do have one user,

It's great for browsing & productivity and the UI is gorgeous, but I'm underwhelmed with its throttled performance in anything involving the >AMD GPU

The illusion of ease of use goes away once you realize that you need a Windows or Linux partition to maximize your performance

Throttlebook is real but I still have a soft spot for my Mac

BECAUSE WE INDIA NOW!!!
KILL THE APPLE OUT OF TECH WORLD!!!!!!! CUM SKINS BTFO!!!!!

>Why don't you use it?
Because it's trash.
>It is literally the best operating system for work
To edit excel file maybe but not for real work.

>You get what you pay for
Why not go with Windows 10 then? macOS costs $20 but Windows 10 Pro costs $200 so it's 10 times better!

I used to use Hackintosh on my machine but the performance is just not that good at all. I actually like macOS and funnily enough my build works fucking flawlessly with it, just sort of slow. People telling me that the 280X was the best GPU for it but I do own a magic trackpad and scrolling on websites was sort of laggy.

I just can't stand that, I suppose on real hardware it runs fine (?) but yeah I'm autistic enough not to like slowdowns on my desktop.

Do you even know who the CEO of apple is?

macOS costs nothing though

I'll bite

>The UI is designed for retards
Just because it is easy doesn't mean it is for retards. Mac OS strives to be very user friendly. There is nothing wrong is being user friendly.
Not everyone wants a tiling WM.

I do run Mac OS, OP. I just use a AMD processor instead and it works perfectly.
>But you can't update with a AMD processor
I can, I just have to run a script for the AMD kext, post system update. That isn't hard. iMessage works and so does the Appstore. Everything works.

You can buy old versions so we'll have to with that price tag for newer versions as well
apple.com/shop/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion

Because I don't have money for one (they're even more overpriced here) and a hackintosh is buggy, and I'm on Ryzen.

New versions of Mac OS come free with the system and upgrading to later versions are free.
>But, how do you get a copy of Mac OS for a Hackintosh
Go to your friends Mac computer, copy the file from the Apple Store, and restore your flash drive with Transmac.

I have a Ryzen system and was able to install Hackintosh with no bugs. Everything works. Graphics, audio, sound, networking, etc. ALL works. My processor is Ryzen 5 1600. Hackintosh is easy, just get a AMD installer for Sierra because High Sierra is buggy. Updating works, iMessage works. Everything works.

>Why don't you have a Mac
No thanks

>macbook air
>supposed to prove anything
it‘s obvious you never used a mac, rajesh

how can I check if my shitty i3-3110m samsung can run hackintosh?

Google it?

pic related
its samsung np310e5c

Googling the exact model+hackintosh doesnt return any exact models running it

Considering OSX is free, yes, you get exactly what you pay for.

I'm not gay.

There is a intel Hackintosh forum.
tonymacx86.com

Shouldn't aluminum case act like a huge heatsink for Macbooks?
How come they overheat so hard?

>be me
>be actually rich
>can buy any toy whenever I want
>bought 2016 FagBook "Pro"
>keyboard is shit with no travel, little physical feedback, but still finds a way to make loud and annoying clicks
>everything is soldered
>Mac OS X is backwards trash that looks horrible in person
>Finder is retarded and doesn't have an easy to find option to show hidden and system files
>have to install a package manager made by hobbyists to get a shell better than Bash 3 on a system that's marketed as "UNIX"
>it's not UNIX and isn't even fully POSIX compliant because of Applel breaking poll() like it's nothing
>touch bar is fucking dumb, where are my function keys?
>fingerprint reader only works half the time
>two hundred and fifty six gigabytes in a "premium" machine in this day and age
>still boots up slower than both Linux and Windows with hybrid boot disabled on equivalent hardware
>end up using ThinkPads because they actually work and I can fix them myself
>massive Intel chip design fuckup so now I have a ThinkPad A275 as my main laptop
Get fucked, iToddler.

nice fictional blog post you got there

>Why don't you have a Mac / Hackintosh?
I am forced to use a mac book pro for work

>You get what you pay for, the Mac OS operating system is based on Unix, which I know Sup Forums loves, you can use the terminal just like on GNU/Linux.
Mac OS is Unix, it is not based on it retard. The opengroup has certified it.

Unix is depreciated fuck face, where AIX, where is HP-UX where is.... all business use Linux now.

Linus himself told opengroup to fuck themselves when they wanted to give Linux the Unix trademark usage.

>Everything is simple, the touchpad's gestures are great, every "app" you install suits natively the rest of the desktop, and can be removed easily without any cleaning to do after, everything is minimalist and not a bit bloated and the UI is simply beautiful
The UI sucks fucking balls, I am half as productive on the mac than on KDE.

>It is literally the best operating system for work
>So...
>Why don't you use it?
try harder

>nice fictional blog post you got there

this mimics my experience with the mac book pro, only thing missing s the usb-c dongle hell

>two hundred and fifty six gigabytes in a "premium" machine in this day and age

>claims to be rich
>buys an entry level mbp

but i am trying to hackintosh my laptop
fiddling with compatibility issues now

Surprisingly, the dongles don't bother me since I'm used to using them already with my other laptops for various things like VGA and additional wireless adapters when all my internal slots are full of mSATA disks. USB C also isn't nearly as flimsy as people say it is, as long as you buy good quality cables and you don't tear them out like a gorilla on coke. There are a million and one reasons not to buy iToys but USB C is not one of them.

There's no reason for me to waste more money on something that I knew I was going to hate from the moment I ordered it. My point is that it's absolutely pathetic to offer 256GB on the base model. The base model should be 512GB or more on something that expensive. Also, ThinkPads don't have this problem. I can buy the base model and upgrade the storage to anything I want later. It's actually a better way of doing it if you can afford enterprise SSDs. They're slightly slower but last twice as long as consumer SSDs.

I use Sai Painter regularly, which is shit on Mac

I am using macOS at work (webfaggot here - I'm making Internet worse place using react/redux and meme snake django/rest) and I can't get used to their graphical environment.
I just don't like it.

Another downside for me is lack of the AUR. It may sounds silly but I'm lazy beast and I like to install things using few clicks.

I prefer old good xfce or i3.

Although i3wm is superior to macOs, macbook gestures are the best I'v ever seen. Very responsive, intuitive, fast, easy to learn and use - too bad that mac mouse sucks ass.

And it is just my opinion man.

HAHHAHAH
IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!
HAHAHAHHAAH