Talk about kicking them while they're down

talk about kicking them while they're down

guru3d.com/news-story/amd-drops-ryzen-cpu-prices-bigtime-by-up-to-30-percent.html

>Intel 30% less performance
>AMD 30% less expensive

>30 percent
Subtle.

Nice.
Pre-market trading rekt my entry point but still happy with my little bet. Just $300 at 15x leverage.

Make u really think..

C U T E
U
T
E

>up to 30 percent
CHEEKI BREEKI

>talk about kicking them while they're down

>Subtle.30 percent

>Intel 30% less performance
>AMD 30% less expensive

>Make u really think

Oy vey! Those anti-Semites will get what's coming to them soon!

No one disrespects Israel and gets away with it!

DELET NAO

>By up to 30%

2200G would be a killer budget part.

SHUT

IT

DOWN

they are making room for zen+ chips ;)

>Ryzen costs less and doesn't get the performance drop after patch.
While Intel drops 30% performance Ryzen drops 30% price. Intel BTFO.

30% subtle

Gonna get it I think. I'd prefer 2400G but the less mone spent on computers, the better.

2200G is definitely worth it over A8-9600 though, big time.

Fucking hell I brought a ryzen CPU half a year ago

>tfw chile still is run by turbokikes
I bet the prices will not drop.
>tfw no ryzentosh with an R5 1600 and a RX 580.

W E E B
E
E
B

Okay I want good processor to replace i7-6700k which I'm running at 4.5Ghz without Win10 patch. I don't use linux because I'm using tons of audio software and graphics.

Do you really need to replace it tho? Just patch and bear with the slowdown, it shouldn't be *that* bad. Unless you sell well and upgrade at the same time (Iike, going for 1950X).

Although I guess if you want more MT performance, the octocore Ryzens are attractive, don'T even need very expensive mobos.

Depending on how serious you are about your music production, either get a 1700 or a ThreadRipper.

Have a 6700K and have updated Bios and Windows, can barely see any difference compared to before if I'm honest.

I'm seriously thinking about 1900x but this means I need to get a new motherboard and because memory is so damn expensive I need to buy 2 x 16 gig sticks (the brand I'm using now costs 400 pounds for just these two sticks..). So the upgrade will cost easily over 1000 pounds. I really think the quad channel memory is beneficial for my purpose. That combined with raid configuration.

I mean that I already have 2 x 16 gigs but need 2 more to utilize the quad channel mode.
Fuck Intel honestly I hope they get sued to hell and back.

yea, this is just a stock flush, great marketing though, but there is a business reason behind it.

Did they made the up to 30% on purpose?

Look, AMD is 30% more compact now

It was likely decided months or weeks ago. In other words, the stars aligned to say "Fuck you, Intel."

Kitties knew what was good, in advance. 6th sense

What's inside the box?

As long is a new, very powerful architecture instead of trying to milk the core architecture even more...

I have a Ryzentosh with a Ryzen 5 1600. TFW it werks perfectly.

>TFW it werks perfectly

Enjoy your no power management.

why on earth would you need power management on a desktop

Now if only RAM prices could get lower.

This desu
I felt scammed but bought it anyway.

It's more that Windows will intentionally slow your CPU unless you go out of your way to select "high power mode"

WOW

If only I had a place I could put a PC.

there is a hack that turns off some power saving feature in windows 7
not tested and i found this

Type regedit and change:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Processor
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Intelppm*

Change on both the "Start" from 3 to 4. Only side effect is the increase of temperatures by a couple of degrees.

Reboot and your benchmarks should be higher.

No need to have power management on desktop, at all. It's not a laptop. Computers are designed to be on 24/7 and run without reboots. What's your uptime? Mine is 365/7.

>All this
>People still buy more intel Chips over AMD

Literally nothing of value was lost.

LE 30% FACE

Where's Ravenridge ree

>its to turn off
use that for less power saving stuff its a registry hack or mod ..

mine was 3 when i checked it, i put it at 4. i dont know how else that is changed,
i just found the high performance setting after finding a custom thing in power saving just now.

Here for $99/169? On feb 12th.

What's the deal with low frequencies? i7 etc all run at least 4.4ghz out of the box.

and cost $300+

Different architectures, different number of IPC. Instead of looking for the big numbers like a tech illiterate brainlet would, look for benchmarks.

There is a reason why GTX 1080 is more powerful than GTX 980.

assholes didn't drop 1950x prices because they know they have no competition there

It would be bad business and marketing to drop prices on their flagship product.

They need the money. Look at how much Intel rakes in. AMD is not even out of the red ink (or escaped it barely in 2017) and they need to pay almost 2 billions of debt, not to mention R&D money.

You still get more for those $999 with 1950X than you do if you buy Intel's 7900X.

looks like they're learning a few things from jewtel

Yes, because it's a newer architecture.

>company is an asshole for not giving up profits for literally no reason
ok

12nm TR4 is later though

You mean the design of the card is different? It has different fans for sure but not sure about anything else.

Weird. Got my Ryzen 1700x for $230, then they threw in a Gigabyte motherboard for an extra $30, with a $20 off rebate. Just got the pre-paid card for that last Thursday.

Have prices gone back up since then?

Humming along at 4.01 GHz, with a 2 x 4GB Corsair DDR4 3600 MHz kit ... unfortunately underclocked to the motherboard's top 3200 MHz speed. But, managed to drop the timings down to 16-17-17-32 all on stock voltages. Probably ready to upgrade that sometime between 2023 & 2025.

lol intel is finished and bankrupt

best post I've read today, thank (you) user

Jesus Christ user

>Got a 7700k
>Too new to upgrade
>But dislike the performance drop
I fucking hate Intel. Never ever buying Intel garbage again.

>It has different fans
fans are the same. I think you mean the jagged polygonal SHROUD. Very important

fuck you, lucky black-friday milker

i considered upgrading from my old i7 but then realised i'd have to spend the same on ddr4 ram too

Cats are very smart animals, unlike Intel fanboys.

Oh shit ryzens are 30% off?
>goes to buy my 1800x finally
>same price as always at all stores
Ya got me again Sup Forums

>blaming Sup Forums and AyyMD for getting jewed by local retailers
Boi

4GHz just doesn't compete with i7 and 4.8GHz. This is all just marketing propaganda for AMD. Intel is still most optimized CPU available.

Come back when they have 8 cores in LGA 1151.

>He says as he posts on an anime website

wena culiao

Coffee Lake's successor are 8c 16t

But at that point Ryzen could easily have 10c 20t and 12c 24t mainstream CPUs

I'm honestly disappointed about the rate technology has been developing. Silicon Graphics had so much parallel processing power back in the early 90s that it seemed like even after 2000s we could have had 32 processors on every desktop. But then something happened, I guess it was the jews and marketing propaganda. There is a reason why REAL multithreading and parallel processing wasn't driven through commercially. Intel cpus are still based on 8088 but it's just super-super-charged that's all, it's still the same shitty architecture and doesn't offer anything. That's why it has stagnated.
It's year almost 2020 and we should have supercomputers on our desks but it's because of marketers and shit like that.

where's the 16-threaded applications? 80% of these chips will sit idle.

>Coffee Lake's successor are 8c 16
Probably, but that's Ice Lake. Who knows when will it even launch - Q1 2019, Q2 2019?

Given the current state of 10nm (and Intel's morbid silence about it) I wouldn't be even that optimistic.

That's not even subtle, thanks for the laughs AMD

Sure they pile SNAFU upon SNAFU now but it is dangerous to underestimate them, they have loads of cash and stuff, they have a lot of potential to rain on the AMD parade.

>where's the 16-threaded applications
My operating systems kernel

Jesus Christ shut the fuck up you tech illiterate scum

Money won't fix retarded chip designers or a broken node.
They can literally do nothing to AMD this year.
And the next one.
And probably the one after that.
Maybe 2021 will be competitive again.

What an argument. You must be really clever.

Silicon Graphics Octane STILL has more advanced memory architecture than any intel machine today.

If by "more advanced" you mean "needlessly complicated for no fucking reason", then yeah.

You don't have any idea, look who's illiterate now. It was designed for parallel processing in mind, unlike x86. You don't have any idea about super-computing do you. Your colored led lights don't make you any more tech-literate than you think.

An OS split into small, composable processes handles SMP far nicer than Windows does.

>Intel not competitive
lol@delusional amdtard

Amada Kokoro a cute.
Official merchandise when?

Please link the guide you used and any issues you encountered

Is Corsair 3000MHz enough for a 1700x? Still seeing horror stories about anything less than the 3200 downclocking to 2133...

According to the rumor mills they have the same release time frame as when CF was released

They're not going to let Ryzen+ walk around in 2018 with zero competition unless they stole some chips and found out that it just trades blows with Coffee Lake that they can sit back for a year

My guess is that they're still 14nm+++++++++++ and won't work with current Z370 mobos but the newer Z390 mobos will work with Coffee Lake