Wow, it was fucking nothing

Wow, it was fucking nothing.

The real ramifications aren't going to happen today, or this week.
It'll really start to hurt Intel when earning go out next quarter, because Intel will be taking a huge hit and AMD will get a huge burst.

>Intel will be taking a huge hit
From what? Selling new CPUs to replace the old affected ones?

>AMD will get a huge burst
From what? Also being affected by the bug?

Fuck off, fanboy.

>Selling new CPUs to replace the old affected ones?
>Implying new ones won't be effected
The problem is with the architecture, and Intel have no intention of coming up with a new arch any time soon, for any reason.

>the concequences are demonstrated on a 5 day stock trend
>oh look, the company didn't instantly reduce to toilet paper from billions in 10 hours its ok relax

Is everyone here 12?

Honeslty what syaadmin would trust ryzen dor their prod servers?

Phew. Looks like the coward who sold all his company stocks didn't need to do anything, he's safe!

>all

>Also being affected by the bug?
AMD is not affected by meltdown whatsoever.

we'll have to wait until companies start to make business decisions on what to purchase for their infrastructure

About as many as would put an i7 in a server - very few. Many would trust EPYC though. It's AMD's server line, like Xeon.

Even if nobody wanted to buy Intel anymore I doubt AMD would have anywhere near sufficient production to keep up with demand and would therefore increase prices to make the most of it.

In the long run I think it will push more companies towards ARM platforms which they were planning to do anyway but meltdown will accellerate things. ARM companies should be able to meet demand.

Intel won't have CPUs unaffected by the bug until Icelake-E/X and Tigerlake-S; unless they delay Icelake-S quite a bit to re-layout the basic core. Cannonlake already hit PRQ, Cascadelake and Whiskeylake are sampling.

I can buy Ryzen and i7 servers from OVH so no clue what you're talking about.

still shitty paste CPUs

Latest ARM core is hit by Variant 3, rest of the high performance ones are hit by 2 and 3a.

and it's simple, buy wafers from Samsung, GloFlo 14nm is interchangeable with Samsung 14nm. 12nm EPYC isn't in the cards until Q3 2018, so even with three months to get wafers out the door, that's 6-8 months of product time.

I wonder if these people are just trolls or are actually retarded enough to believe that looking at a 1 month price chart 5 days after an exploit is a valid way to gauge the health of a stock/company.

I'm not even saying intel is doomed or anything like that, just that you ppl have no idea how stocks or the stock market in general works.

Post the 3 month chart on 2/1 w/ a comparison to overall market health and maybe we'll actually have something to talk about.

>literally fixed and blown over in less than a week
Nobody's server upgrade decisions are going to be affected in the slightest.

This. Servers are and have always been Intel's land.

>From what? Selling new CPUs to replace the old affected ones?
Only an idiot would buy new Intel CPUs until they have this shit locked down.

This is exactly what it is going to be. You'll see the effects on a 12mo plot.

This decision is going to depend on brand equity and how fast Intel pivots to resolve the problem.

So far Intel is setting their brand equity on fire with how they are handling things.